Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus/COVID-19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 5:07pm
The Gubmint has a PSA out now that I can't find!  All of the basic stuff we have known for months now!

Thanks for nothing!  I did find this one though, sponsored by our great government...Wacko

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 7:41pm
I stay home alone all the time anyway, so NBFD for me. Stern Smile

I guess that makes me one of the original soldiers in the war on coronavirus!!! Thumbs Up 

Yayyyy for me!!!! Clap

Big smile

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 12:24pm
I found the commercial I was looking for, provided by the NBA NAB.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 2:29pm
Hah!  Look what I found!  Are you prepared?  As much as I might enjoy wearing a pair of the wife's underwear on my face...I'll try to maintain a little class and dignity. Tongue

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 2:58pm
Yeah, I went out in the garage the other day and found a package of those dust masks that I bought at Harbor Freight umpteen years ago. 

Pack of 5....

The ones I have are a light blue color.

Had a pair of yellow rubber kitchen gloves too, but they were too small and I ripped one trying to pull it on.

The masks by themselves wouldn't do much good by themselves, but you can put something inside them like a sanitizer wipe or a paper towel sprayed with a disinfectant.

Got a pair of shop safety glasses too.

Keep those corona bugs out of my eyes. Thumbs Up

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 3:00pm
I'm thinking of getting a full hazmat suit.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 3:04pm
Gonna get a crotchless one too, for Saturday nights? 

The next thing in party wear. LOL

I'm still kind of too embarrassed at the thought of going out in public with a mask and goggles on, but then again, I don't want to die either.

So it's a toss up, I guess.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 3:49pm
LOL

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I'm thinking of getting a full hazmat suit.
LOLLOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 4:04pm
Love in the post-coronavirus world?....

Confused

C'mon, man!
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Lordy, Lordy!!  Aka, thanks so much for this video.  First time I've laughed in weeks! 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 4:30pm
^  You're welcome, Caroln!

The wife and I thought it was funny as heck!
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 5:01am
Victoria BC Canada (the Island)
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 11:42am
Well, the sh*t is hitting the fan here!  Expecting the 'Stay At Home' order today.

I went to the grocery store...CLOSED! Now open 5am to 9pm!  Thanks a lot!  I guess I will adjust my schedule and try again tomorrow.  Angry  Will I still be able to get carry out food?  I guess I will find out a little later on.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 2:52pm
Are you talking about the foods bar with the trays of hot food? Here, those are closed. Kind of. They have it all pre-packed into little containers. Same with the Chinese food bars.

I go to another supermarket for the salad bar there. I'm assuming they're shut down, too. I don't want prepacked salad. I wanna make my own, dammit.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 3:09pm
From what I have read this morning. I can still get drive-thru or carry out food orders. They are keeping the dining rooms closed.

Is your store open 24 hours?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 3:31pm
Restaurants are only carry-out or deliver.

Walmarts are closed at 8:30pm. I think that's nationwide.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 3:44pm
I'm still able to go to my favorite burger joint! Heart

Wisconsin governor issues order prohibiting non-essential business and travel

I don't go out if I don't need anything! We don't really cook here very much anymore except for breakfast.  I always have eggs, bacon, toast and milk in the house.

The list is pretty general, I kinda doubt at this point the cops will pull me over unless I run over another pedestrian.  Tongue

There will be no restrictions on the following actions:

• Perform tasks essential to maintain health and safety, such as obtaining medicine or seeing a doctor

• Get necessary services or supplies for themselves or their family or household members, such as getting food and supplies, pet food and supplies necessary for staying at home;

• Care for a family member in another household

• Care for older adults, minors, dependents, people with disabilities or other vulnerable persons.

BUSINESSES CONSIDERED ESSENTIAL

• Health care operations, including home health workers
• Critical infrastructure
• Businesses that provide food, shelter, and social services, and other necessities of life for economically disadvantaged or otherwise vulnerable individuals
• Fresh and non-perishable food retailers, including convenience stores, grocery stores, farmers’ markets, and food banks
• Businesses that ship or deliver groceries, food and goods directly to residences
• Pharmacies, health care supply stores and health care facilities
• Child care facilities, with some limitations
• Gas stations and auto repair facilities
• Banks
• Laundry businesses, dry cleaners and services necessary for maintaining the safety, sanitation and essential operation of a residence, including garbage collection
• Hardware stores, plumbers, and electricians
• Educational institutions, for the purposes of facilitating distance learning
• Roles required for any business to maintain minimum basic operations, which includes security, and payroll
• Law and safety, and essential government functions will continue under the recommended action

caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 5:14pm
Hello again, AKA.  No, I'm not stalking you!  Just saw your list of new restrictions for Wisconsin and thought I'd mention my sister lives in Lake Geneva (not sure where you are) and is a "social butterfly".  These new rules are driving her nuts... worse than me, if that's possible. 
By the way, here's some pics of a German Shepherd I had several years ago.  I know you're a Shepherd fan.  Thought you might like to see what he did one day.  We didn't teach him that.  He just did it.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 5:25pm
We miss Leah so much!  German Shepherd Dogs are the best!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:48pm
So I went to the grocery store this morning hoping to pick up two or three 2-liter bottles of cheap, store brand, caffeine free diet soda. Last time I was there, they were cleaned out, so I was hoping they had gotten some more in.

They hadn't.

But they did have left a few 12 packs of canned el-cheap-o diet soda in the three flavors I like. Caffeine free diet cola, diet root beer (which is always caffeine free) and diet ginger ale (which is also always caffeine free).

I never buy canned soda because I don't like having to always open a new can every time I want a drink. But it was either that or nothing, and they had 12 packs on special, 4 for $10, so what the heck.

Then it occurred to me that switching to canned sodas might be a good way for me to cut down on the amount I drink. With a 2 liter bottle in the fridge, I can just go in, twist off the top and take a big swig. Or a guzzle. Next thing I know, I've gulped down 67.628 ounces of diet soda before I know it. I was having to work at making one last more than two days, if that.

But because I'm reluctant to open up a new can just for one drink, hopefully I'll be able to limit my consumption to one can per day.

Maybe something good will come out of this coronavirus business afterall.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:38pm
I used to drink more soda than I do now. I used to like Diet-Rite. I always bought the 12-packs, and always had a can going. I'd pop it open, take a swig, and put it right back in the fridge. They were never in there long enough to go flat, and they were always cold!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:43pm
FYI...a lot of stores (Walmart included) are limiting the items you can return. No foods, no drugs, and no makeup. The reasoning is that these products are more likely to be contaminated with the virus.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 12:11am

FYI...a lot of stores (Walmart included) are limiting the items you can return. No foods, no drugs, and no makeup. The reasoning is that these products are more likely to be contaminated with the virus.

That sucks about the makeup.

Now I'm gonna be stuck with a ton of blush and mascara that really just isn't my color at all. Ouch

I only bought it because it was on sale and now I'm regretting it. Ermm

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 12:14am

I used to drink more soda than I do now. I used to like Diet-Rite. I always bought the 12-packs, and always had a can going. I'd pop it open, take a swig, and put it right back in the fridge. They were never in there long enough to go flat, and they were always cold!

I do that too, but it doesn't last that long.

I usually need to guzzle most of a can.

I wish they'd sell canned soda in 16 oz."tall boys" like they do beer.

C'mon, man!
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 12:59pm
Before I go on my rant, let me suggest you buy those little cans of soda, like they give people in the hospital.  You can crack open 2 or 3 of those a day and not feel bad about it and you won't have flat or warm soda.

For years I used to have Diet Pepsi running in my veins and everyone kept warning me about how the sugar substitutes were slowly killing me, actually making me gain weight, blah, blah, blah.  I finally weaned myself off of it and now I just drink water all day.  I occasionally will order a soft drink if I go out for lunch, just for a treat.  I have noticed absolutely no difference in my weight, how I feel, nothing.  I don't know, maybe 10+ years of guzzling Pepsi isn't long enough to hurt you or maybe it's just a bunch of hype.  All I know is I'm getting sick of getting rid of things I enjoy because some phantom people in some phantom study say it's bad for me and a lot of others jump on the bandwagon because it makes them feel superior.  So goodbye cigarettes, soft drinks, red meat, fast food, white bread and whatever else I can't think of right now.  (okay, I get the cigarette thing)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic