Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Repeat TV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repeat TV
    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 4:31am
Unfortunately the wrong shows always seem to come back like regurgitated meatloaf - sometimes with a whole new cast and even worse with the same aging actors from the original. Case in point: Party of Five (all new with an illegal immigrant spin - o joy) Charmed (all new with three standard hollywood balloon-lipped buxom twats) 90210 (original old-ass cast with the same juvenile problems) Friends (not yet here - but unfortunately same old cast carefully preserved with botox fillers and plastic surgery) - Now - here is a list of tv shows that I would love to see make a comeback (as long as they stay true and not get all politically correct) Gilligan*s Island - Get Smart - Fawlty Towers - Newheart - Coach - Space Ghost (from Coast to Coast) and my personal favorite: Married with Children (must have original cast).
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

Unfortunately the wrong shows always seem to come back like regurgitated meatloaf - sometimes with a whole new cast and even worse with the same aging actors from the original. Case in point: Party of Five (all new with an illegal immigrant spin - o joy) Charmed (all new with three standard hollywood balloon-lipped buxom twats) 90210 (original old-ass cast with the same juvenile problems) Friends (not yet here - but unfortunately same old cast carefully preserved with botox fillers and plastic surgery) - Now - here is a list of tv shows that I would love to see make a comeback (as long as they stay true and not get all politically correct) Gilligan*s Island - Get Smart - Fawlty Towers - Newheart - Coach - Space Ghost (from Coast to Coast) and my personal favorite: Married with Children (must have original cast).

Oh Gawd, don't tell me they're trying to resurrect the rotting corpses of 90210 and Friends.... Sick

Who would want to watch a bunch of plastic surgery and Botox enhanced old farts in their 50's trying to act like teenagers and twenty-somethings????

What a disgusting thought!!!!

And you didn't mention the worst of the worst remakes.... Magnum P.I.!!!! Thumbs Down

As for the list of shows you said you'd like to see return... if they re-did Newhart, they'd have to push Bob around in a wheelchair as he's in his 80's at least. And you couldn't replace him with another actor because... well, it wouldn't be Newhart.

Gilligan's Island might be cool if they could find just the right cast, but it would probably not be possible since the castaways couldn't have cell phones, meaning young people wouldn't watch it.

I'd like to see a really good remake of The Rockford Files..... IF..... they could, as you said, stay true to the original spirit of the show without resorting to all the current, modern gimmicks and whatnot.

But we all know it just wouldn't be possible.

Even if they didn't get PC by doing sh*t like making Rockford a woman or a transgender or making his dad Rocky a black guy (even though Rockford is white), or giving him a black or female partner etc, etc, they'd still find some other way to ruin it by putting in too much sex and graphic violence.

Best to just let the classics live on in rerun-land.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 4:05pm
Has there ever been a reboot (as they're now called) that worked? None that I can think of.

Same with bands. I can't think of too many instances when a band reforms after 5, 10 or 15 years, and it works. They may sound good, and even put out good new product...but the magic's gone and no one ends up caring.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 4:08pm
Jimbo, maybe it's your use of the word "transgender", but on this page right now is an ad for "Alice in Genderland". It's available in audio.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Jimbo, maybe it's your use of the word "transgender", but on this page right now is an ad for "Alice in Genderland". It's available in audio.

I think the kinds of ads you see are determined by your own browsing history, so...... 

Confused ?????????

LOL

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 4:15pm
OK, ya got me. On occasion...well, I just look so pretty in a skirt and pumps, and I'm always looking for new outfits online for "special" gals like myself.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 4:30pm

OK, ya got me. On occasion...well, I just look so pretty in a skirt and pumps, and I'm always looking for new outfits online for "special" gals like myself.

Maybe you could try this place...

LOL

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 4:40pm
Oh, girlfrenn!! I don't buy thrift.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 4:41pm
Wut up, ho? You thank you all dat?

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 4:47pm
I'm all that and a bag of chips.

Bitch.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 5:01pm
LOLLOL
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 3:56am
LMAO! You guys/gals/aliens/unicorns crack me up! Yes a Rockford Files remake would be great and so would Quincy, Kojack, Rat Patrol, and my personal fave: The Night Stalker (I would also add M*A*S*H but it would be impossible to find the right actors for the parts)
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 4:00am

LMAO! You guys/gals/aliens/unicorns crack me up! Yes a Rockford Files remake would be great and so would Quincy, Kojack, Rat Patrol, and my personal fave: The Night Stalker (I would also add M*A*S*H but it would be impossible to find the right actors for the parts)

I dunno.

I think out of all the shows you mentioned, M*A*S*H might be the most doable of all. 

Rat Patrol would be set in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Both of them, probably.

C'mon, man!
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 4:15am
let’s see who could we choose for M*A*S*H characters - maybe Ryan Reynolds for Honeycutt?
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 4:21am
Cate Blanchett as Hot Lips - John Galecki as Radar
bmasters9 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmasters9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

As for the list of shows you said you'd like to see return... if they re-did Newhart, they'd have to push Bob around in a wheelchair as he's in his 80's at least. And you couldn't replace him with another actor because... well, it wouldn't be Newhart.

He's actually 90 (turned that last Sep. 5).
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 12:12pm

let’s see who could we choose for M*A*S*H characters - maybe Ryan Reynolds for Honeycutt?

Cate Blanchett as Hot Lips - John Galecki as Radar

I wish I could contribute some ideas, but I can't because I don't know who any of today's modern celebrities are.... Confused

I was thinking maybe Zach Braff as Hawkeye, but he might be getting a little old by now.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 4:39pm

Oh, girlfrenn!! I don't buy thrift.
LOL
From the 'Cat Scratch Fever' collection!

Also an ad on the forum!

Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 4:01am
Maybe Jerry Seinfeld as Klinger (same nose - same nasally voice) and George Costanza as Frank
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 2:52am
Yay - Party of Five remake has been cancelled after only one season - who knew that the general American public wouldnt go crazy over a show about illegal immigrants....also - the kids could have crossed the border at any time and be reunited with their parents - problem solved. Now if only Nancy Screw and Charmed could also be cancelled - we’d have a trifecta of cancelled sh*tty shows.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 6:05am
Oh no, but I like the Nancy Drew show.  Big smile  The social dynamic is just so twisted up and bizarre, and promises to get even more so.    (I'm waiting for John Constantine to show up and rid them of all the supernatural stuff.)  The family dynamic in Batwoman runs a close second (she spends more time fighting her own family than Gotham's criminals...)
Wiseguy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wiseguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 4:08pm

Gilligan's island had the three reunion TV movies.
Get Smart had a 1980 theatrical movie (with Don Adams), a 1989 TV movie (most of surviving cast), a 1995 TV series (Don Adams and Barbara Feldon) and a 2008 theatrical movie (new cast).
Fawlty Towers had a few American pilots and series versions including a pilot starring Harvey Korman and two short-lived series starring Bea Arthur and John Larroquette.
Wiseguy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wiseguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 4:12pm

Has there ever been a reboot (as they're now called) that worked? None that I can think of.

Same with bands. I can't think of too many instances when a band reforms after 5, 10 or 15 years, and it works. They may sound good, and even put out good new product...but the magic's gone and no one ends up caring.

The Hawaii Five-0 reboot lasted 10 years (83% of original) and 240 episodes (85%).
Wiseguy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wiseguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 5:04pm

Rockford Files did 8 TV movies in the late 1990s.
Kojak did two TV-movies (1985, 1987 with Telly Savalas) and two TV-series (1989-90 Telly Savalas) and 2005 (Ving Rhames, yes, a black Kojak).
The Night Stalker had a reboot series in 2005.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 5:12pm
^ LOL  Welcome to the forum, Wiseguy!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic