Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bad movies that we love

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad movies that we love
    Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 3:28pm
I forget if we've talked about this before.  If we have, please accept my apologies.  I, for one, am never sick of talking about bad movies!  My husband and I have this competition to see who can out-do the other with a worse movie.  Mr. Aleen prefers B-movie horrors, such as Basket Case.  That's the movie where a naive young man carries his formerly conjoined twin Belial around NYC in a basket.  Here's a clip of the Italian dub, somehow it's funnier, dubbed in Italian!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7C53v5_H8Y  On this clip, Belial is freaking out because his brother is finally getting some female action.  So state of the art!  "Belial" is one of many pet names I have for my husband, lol.

We watched Dolemite on our first "date" (yeah, "date", that's what I'll call it, lol)  Here's the Dolemite trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkjExJqf34o  RIP, Rudy Ray Moore!

I am more of a fan of unintentionally bad movies, like Xanadu.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcHQHd2jdlo  Man, that's a bad movie!  Or The Boy In the Plastic Bubble with John Travolta.  I remember, I bought that movie and a Ring Pop with a Canadian $5 bill and had change left over!  And that was my night's entertainment!  I actually fell off my friend's couch from laughing so hard at the scene when he was running down the beach in that orange space suit.  Or The Wiz!!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZC_sdHwBAQ  Oh I could go on!

I am currently winning the competition with my husband because I recently purchased the movie Rhinestone.  You know, the one where Dolly Parton has to turn Sylvester Stallone into a country singer.  Don't click this if you have a weak stomach.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePivPcSXXLs  After watching Rhinestone, Mr. Aleen declared me the winner and went to bed a changed man.

So how about you guys?  What are your favourite "bad movies?"
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 3:36pm
"Eating Raoul". 
I'll post the link to the "Swing on This!" scene, from YOUTUBE...not certain our Moderator will allow the clip.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 4:09pm
WOW! I have to give this some serious thought. I can have FUN with this thread.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 4:56pm
Strange Brew!

Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

Strange Brew!

OH YEAH!!!  There are actually men like Bob and Doug in my hometown!!!  LOL
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 5:15pm
The original "Godzilla".

ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 5:40pm
I also love Dolemite and have seen it in the theatre - what an experience that was.

I love a super crazy japanese movie called Gozu, directed by Takashi Miike.

I'm also a big fan of Firestarter starring a young Drew Barrymore. Rockin' movie.
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 6:15pm
I LOVE STRANGEBREW!!!!

I also really like Buckaroo Bonzai. I'll have to come back later with more, 'cause I know they're there, somewhere. I've just forgotten about them...
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 6:21pm
Critics never liked Death To Smoochy. It's hillarious, in fact its probably the only time I've laughed at Robin Williams in the last decade. I highly recommend it. It's about the seedy underbelly of children's entertainment hosts.
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 6:55pm
I loved Strange Brew too, eh?  Liked Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes too.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Yutolia Yutolia wrote:

...I also really like Buckaroo Bonzai...
ClapYES!

That leads right to the original 'ROBOCOP' (especially the imbedded 'commercials'!LOL) - another Peter Weller classic. 
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 7:02pm
A very obscure, but funny movie I caught was Repo Man starring Emelio Estevez and was directed by Mike Nesmith of the Monkees.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 7:14pm
Liked both Repo Man and (as Pa mentioned earlier) Eating Raoul.  I've also liked some Russ Meyer movies, such as Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! and Mudhoney and the Vixen series and Common-Law Cabin.

Also, Eraserhead and Pink Flamingoes and The Honeymoon Killers.

Also liked The Craft.  It was just some teenage witch movie, but Fairuza Balk was soooo good.

Oh, and how can I forget Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS and Ilsa, Harem-Keeper of the Oil Sheikhs.

And, a lot of horror movies:
Mark of the Devil
I Dismember Mama
Don't Look in the Basement
Last House on the Left

aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Liked both Repo Man and (as Pa mentioned earlier) Eating Raoul.  I've also liked some Russ Meyer movies, such as Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! and Mudhoney and the Vixen series and Common-Law Cabin.

Also, Eraserhead and Pink Flamingoes and The Honeymoon Killers.

Also liked The Craft.  It was just some teenage witch movie, but Fairuza Balk was soooo good.

Oh man!  Pink Flamingos and Faster, Pussycat!  Kill!  Kill!  How could I have forgotten about these two?  Same with Polyester!

I haven't even tapped into the genius that was Ed Wood!  Orgy of the Dead...Glen or Glenda...awww man!
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Critics never liked Death To Smoochy. It's hillarious, in fact its probably the only time I've laughed at Robin Williams in the last decade. I highly recommend it. It's about the seedy underbelly of children's entertainment hosts.

Death To Smoochy was one fantastic movie!  What do the critics know?  LOL  That was about the ONLY time that Robin Williams made me laugh!
bobwilson1977 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobwilson1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 7:25pm
One of my favorites is called Heaven's Gate. Its a western movie made in 1980 and directed by Michael Cimino. He's the guy that did Deer Hunter, which is also a good movie.

Heaven's Gate is considered one of the biggest film failures in history. It bankrupted the film company that produced it and ended Cimino's career because it blacklisted him from Hollywood. As bad as that sounds, its a really pretty film. The ending sort of sucks. But otherwise, its a realistic, gritty looking film.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

A very obscure, but funny movie I caught was Repo Man starring Emelio Estevez and was directed by Mike Nesmith of the Monkees.
Incredible movie!
In 'the collection', as with the others I've mentioned...

MYSTERY MEN has some great moments...

Another that comes to mind - one that is ANYTHING but funny, but *I* dearly love it - and I'm the ONLY person I know that even begins to like it - is TALK RADIO
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by aleen aleen wrote:

I haven't even tapped into the genius that was Ed Wood!  Orgy of the Dead...Glen or Glenda...awww man!

Ahhh, yes---Plan 9 From Outer Space, too.

Then there was Val Lewton.  AMC or TCM did a show a few weeks ago about this guy, who produced some of the oddest, cheap-o, horror flicks in the 1940's.  Very noir and very moody and quite creepy.  They include Cat People and I Walked With a Zombie.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 7:31pm
Boy, HollyRock has her work cut out for her with all the clips linked here.

aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 7:38pm

How about The Thing With Two Heads?  Just one more clip, I promise!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWHNA_j7h5A

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 7:40pm
Reform School Girls, starring Wendy O. Williams.  "So young, so bad, so what?"

Union City, starring Deborah Harry.

Rock & Roll High School, starring the Ramones.

I've been wanting to see 200 Motels, starring Frank Zappa.  Also Head, starring the Monkees.  Jack Nicholson directed it.

aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 7:47pm
Head was INSANE!!  I can't recall if I've seen Reform School Girls or not...hmmm, now that I look at the blurb, I don't think so.  I'm mistaking it for the one with Linda Blair, another bad movie queen!  Oh and how about Frankenhooker?

I remember for a few weeks in a row, I was renting movies with titles like Gas Pump Girls, and Pom Pom Girls, etc.  Eventually, the video store clerk walked me to the back and opened this curtain to reveal all of the adult movies, assuming that I would be interested in checking them out.  Crikey!  EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 8:43pm
Here's a Guilty Pleasure:

The Blue Lagoon

No, NOT that 1980 P.O.S. with that Bimbo from those Fancy Blue Jeans Ads!Angry

I'm talking about the Origional version, which was made in 1949

In that one the Kids have to face some adversaries, inclusing a Large Octopus, some Pirates and a Hurricane.

BTW This version caused a little bit of controversy when it was first shown in Theatres, as it showed (Oh, the Horror!) a Baby's bare bottom! When I read about this I hatched my Diabolical Plot to, If I could ever travel back in time, to take that 1980 P.O.S. back with me to 1949, find a Theatre showing the Origional Version, and SWITCH THE COPIES!Evil%20Smile

I would then hang around outside the Theatre and see how long it takes for the Cops to show up an Raid the Theatre!LOL
Poiuyt Power!!!
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Boy, HollyRock has her work cut out for her with all the clips linked here.

Since we're in "Off Topic," I can honestly say:

It's not my department.  LOL
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by aleen aleen wrote:

Head was INSANE!!  I can't recall if I've seen Reform School Girls or not...hmmm, now that I look at the blurb, I don't think so.  I'm mistaking it for the one with Linda Blair, another bad movie queen!  Oh and how about Frankenhooker?

I remember for a few weeks in a row, I was renting movies with titles like Gas Pump Girls, and Pom Pom Girls, etc.  Eventually, the video store clerk walked me to the back and opened this curtain to reveal all of the adult movies, assuming that I would be interested in checking them out.  Crikey!  EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Aleen, somehow "children's librarian has taken on a new meaning...LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic