Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cadillac - wrong note ad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cadillac - wrong note ad
    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 1:25am
They're playing "Jingle Bells" in this Cadillac ad, but they got the tune WRONG. It's not that they skip part of the song, it's the "o" of "open sleigh" at the end of the tune. And then they keep repeating the mistake over and over and over. (0:13 in the clip). Is that just to annoy the hell out of us, or what? (I can't imagine it's a copyright situation, where they would have to change something.)

Cadillac - Season's Worst...

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 5:41pm
^ You're right!  Every time they hit that note it is wrong!

Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 11:56pm
Thanks for the chuckle,  I needed that,
There's a sucker born every minute.
Cybergrinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cybergrinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 12:23am
They're doing it again this year. I think there's more than one wrong note. Also, the bass line forces the wrong chords on the melody for about half of it. But, hey, it got our attention and that's probably what GM had in mind. 
Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 1:02am
Oh jeez, that is disturbing. Yes, maybe a copyright thing, I don't know.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 6:15am
No, they'd still get sued for their version being too close to the original.  More like it's some dooshy hipster take on the song...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 4:02pm
Well, per Wikipedia, the song was first performed by some guy in blackface. Therefore, the song is racist and must be banned!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 4:47pm
^ LOL

Black doggies matter!

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 12:48am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

^ LOL

Black doggies matter!

Awwwwwww! Smile
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 2:28pm
I JUST noticed this last night, saw the ad again a few minutes ago. (I try to tune out this BS)
But yes, why does it drive me nuts....how the Jingle Bells ending is looped for 3/4 of the commercial. It actually becomes slightly annoying. 

Pure junk, like any GM cars. Most likely from the same idiots that brought us "Cadillac - 'Everybody Has a Crew" ad,  --- NO, I don't personally have a f'ing crew, entourage, posse....whatever you wanna call it! DeadConfused

Mostly Happy Camper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostly Happy Camper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 7:39am
Thank You for posting these condemnations of the "Cadillac Season's Best Sales Event TV Commercial."

The music for the "Cadillac Season's Best Sales Event TV Commercial" is an absolute abomination! The thought that some advertising agency made a healthy profit by putting together a piece of excrement such as this commercial is as enraging as it disheartening. If the advertiser's goal was to rub our noses in excrement, then they succeeded. if their goal was to sell automobiles to people whose intelligence is so low that it can't be insulted, then I guess they succeeded again.
MimiEm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MimiEm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 2:49am
I'm surprised to see I'm not the only one who hates the Cadillac commercial playing
gingle bells and getting the last three notes WRONG !   "one horse sleigh". It grates
on me for some reason.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 12:10am
I detest this ad, I have to hit the mute button as soon as it begins. I also hate the GMC ad with the yuppy couple and thier his and hers HUGE pick-up trucks. 
One man gathers what another man spills
Blue Trombone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Trombone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 6:07am
I hate it!!
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 9:31pm
SEASONS BEATINGS

somehow i feel like the Xmas ads were not as bad this year as ones previous 

sure there were repeat offenders, we all know that 

Is it possible this is the upside of the covid 19 thing 

aside from Trivago Tim being mostly absent  Sleepy

we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic