Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CIH Halloween Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CIH Halloween Challenge
    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 6:11pm
I know there are some people here who LOVE Halloween, the wife bought some pumpkins yesterday.

The city has lined the streets with hay bales, corn stalks and pumpkins.  The wife has put this out...Check in later, I have not taken the picture yet. Tongue  So I offer this challenge to (you know who you are).  Do you have a porch?  Could you build a skeleton chair?  Tongue

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 8:13pm
I couldn't build one, but if someone gave me $170 bucks, I could go to Etsy.com and buy one.

If you want to see some truly bad-ass skull chairs, check this out...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 6:37am
This one would be 'PaW Approved'!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 3:24pm
^^^Big smile'Wolf Approved' means it can't be bad. Mr. Gray says so, I see.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 1:31am

I've been putting up my Halloween stuff for the past couple of days.  Got the fake stone wall put up like last year, but I'm using a different attachment method that works a lot better.

Last year I used these blue Loctite mounting putty tabs…

They didn't work really great. Kept coming loose. I was constantly having to press them back down or add more, etc. Plus, when I took everything down after the holidays, the stuff left little blue globs stuck to the walls. 

So this year, I cut and stuck small squares of Scotch 2" wide, clear packing tape on the back of each panel in the spots I planned to use as mounting points. Then I put a dab of DAP kitchen and bathtub caulk on each tape square and pressed each panel in place, using a small ink roller to really bear down on it, rolling back and forth.

They're sticking up there like a champ.

After the holidays when I take them back down, because the surface of the tape squares is glossy and smooth, hopefully the set caulk will come off fairly easy and won't tear up the backs of the panels.

Got a couple of other little Halloween decor projects going on, too.

Fun, fun, fun.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 3:30pm

I just noticed that one of the neighbors' styrofoam gravestone decorations blew over onto my front lawn.  If I choose not to put it back on his lawn, it'll be my only Halloween decoration. 

Jimbo, aren't you supposed to post that cartoon of me around this time?  LOL

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I just noticed that one of the neighbors' styrofoam gravestone decorations blew over onto my front lawn.  If I choose not to put it back on his lawn, it'll be my only Halloween decoration. 

LOL  He's probably waiting till later in the month.  If he forgets, he is getting kinda old, I have it and will post it when the time is right.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 5:05pm

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten.

Just waiting till the time is right.

I'm a firm believer in tradition!!! 

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 5:05pm
Oh, Oh, Oh!  I almost forgot, I'm kinda old too...What was I going to say?  Confused

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOL  He's probably waiting till later in the month.  If he forgets, he is getting kinda old, I have it and will post it when the time is right.

Don't you go beating me to it, now!!!! Angry

I won't forget.

Wink

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 5:09pm

Oh, Oh, Oh!  I almost forgot, I'm kinda old too...What was I going to say?  Confused

What, no MAGA hat?????

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 5:13pm
Ouch  You know me better than that!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 5:15pm

Ouch  You know me better than that!

Would make a good joke.

Put a Trump wig under the hat.

Make little arms coming off of it with a cellphone in its hands, working its tweet thumbs.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 5:28pm
I hope this impeachment process excludes him from another term, the guy is a lunatic!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic