Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Panera Warm Grain Bowls- (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Panera Warm Grain Bowls- (video)
    Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 5:44pm
I've never tried the food at this place. I have friends and relatives who have.

What is this?  The laxative lunch?  I remember feeding my sister's horse pure oats, it smelled so good!

Sponsored Links

verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 9:01pm
Love Panera Bread, but their commercials, they are the worst!  Why they must feature people slovenly shoving food in their pieholes I will never understand!  And what's with the guy that falls back into his couch like he just ate the most EPIC meal ever????
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 9:38pm
ConfusedMaaaaaaaaaan! Am I glad YOU posted this before ME - been meaning to for a bit now.
This looks about as appealing as eating from the gravel driveway.

"Warm Grain"?

What the hell is THAT? Seeds microwaved? That doesn't look appealing with either water OR milk.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 10:46pm
I only have ever gotten their asiago cheese bagels.

Very good.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 1:47am
warm groin bowels?
HARD PASS
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 6:07pm
Now, I LOVE Panera - their sammies are GREAT and their fruit smoothies may just be the best.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
drjimmy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drjimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I've never tried the food at this place. I have friends and relatives who have.

What is this?  The laxative lunch?  I remember feeding my sister's horse pure oats, it smelled so good!

I have never and will never enter and purchase food at this place.   My wife and I walked into one of their 5000000 chains here in NJ and as we came to the order area and checked out the menu,  the snot rag behind the counter decided we were taking too long, never asked if we were ready,  just rolled her eyes and moved to the next customer who gladly gave his order ( not even saying "they were here first" to the little fecal with legs ).  Must have been her friend  or regular customer.   We walked out.  No one stopped us....no one played "manager"  like they do on Undercover Boss..  12 years or so later - still refuse to support that soup and cracker shyte hole.      

Now that that's off my chest,  I can sleep tonight.   I'm meeting the fecal with legs around 11....ConfusedConfused

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 2:48am
^^^Are you sure you are not cheating yourself because of the service of one summer hire student's behavior? I always jump in their face, publicly. Remember: YOU are the customer and THEY do not have any idea of who you are, so. why not 'own' the experience and change a life? Here's a response:

"Are you SURE you want to treat us like that? May I see your Supervisor? I KNOW you will forget and get over this encounter, but I may not and one day when you go interviewing for your DREAM JOB, how do you know you will not end up facing ME? How do you think *I* will treat YOU?"

Or you can wuss down and advise the employee it is your first time in the establishment and you need a little time...while hoping Led Zeppelin's 'Trampled Under Foot' isn't playing in the background (as that is what you are getting).
I do not condemn an organization over one employee...I'd rather enjoy a great meal (and very possibly FREE one) when the company has to publicly downplay the incident because other customers are around. It ALWAYS works and sometimes the target employee gets fired (think 'Reese's NOT SORRY' campaign).
The person you say that to, along with anyone within ear-shot will NEVER forget you starting at that very moment, thus it remains very important YOU never act foolish in front of the same another time, but that isn't possible, right?

Try Panera - really good food - don't turn one bad experience into a loss and hurt feelings.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 3:52am
warum, groan bowles?

warm green BOWELS
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 3:54am
No no, Tiki - you meant 'Warm groin bowels'
drjimmy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drjimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 6:11am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

^^^Are you sure you are not cheating yourself because of the service of one summer hire student's behavior? I always jump in their face, publicly. Remember: YOU are the customer and THEY do not have any idea of who you are, so. why not 'own' the experience and change a life? Here's a response:

"Are you SURE you want to treat us like that? May I see your Supervisor? I KNOW you will forget and get over this encounter, but I may not and one day when you go interviewing for your DREAM JOB, how do you know you will not end up facing ME? How do you think *I* will treat YOU?"

Or you can wuss down and advise the employee it is your first time in the establishment and you need a little time...while hoping Led Zeppelin's 'Trampled Under Foot' isn't playing in the background (as that is what you are getting).
I do not condemn an organization over one employee...I'd rather enjoy a great meal (and very possibly FREE one) when the company has to publicly downplay the incident because other customers are around. It ALWAYS works and sometimes the target employee gets fired (think 'Reese's NOT SORRY' campaign).
The person you say that to, along with anyone within ear-shot will NEVER forget you starting at that very moment, thus it remains very important YOU never act foolish in front of the same another time, but that isn't possible, right?

Try Panera - really good food - don't turn one bad experience into a loss and hurt feelings.

Oh sorry - was that reply for me ?   I don't see myself quoted but it sure looks like it ...short reply - I think I and a lot of people get turned off on first impressions of popular places.   It's not a problem for me to eliminate places that take my money - other thinking goes into it - like - how did they pass the interview and why doesn't mgmt see the attitude that I see.  If there is a careless attitude towards me,  what is convincing me that they care about the food they serve me ?  If Mr Boss wants to hide from customers all day and leave the a-holes in charge,  they will one day regret it.   Over all though - I stopped complaining a few years ago,  and just walk out.   I tend to get my BP raised to high with customer service issues, so I decided I am not dying over a bowl of soup.      I do laugh at hurt feelings comment -  I wasn't dissed by a girl in high school, I just want to be treated nicely if I am handing over money.  I actually forgot about the incident until I saw how the OP wrote about never having experienced the restaurant.  and yes,  I realize this is a commercial hating forum,  but I wanted to interject and relate. Question -    You never got turned off and stopped patronizing a place ?  ton's of peoples attitudes change when they are treated badly regardless of how many years you've been going to or eating at an establishment.    And I've given many places 2nd chances over the years,  but if they continue the jer@ @ff routine and not learn how to respect customers,  they don't deserve my money.  And I kick myself for not standing up for myself at times and hadning over the cash,  thinking its a bad day for them or whatver - but if I interrupt you because you want to finish a text and you treat me like a turd then you just don't deserve any business at all.  Just how I feel.   
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 4:16pm
^^^I don't quote everything and, yes, the '^' does signify I am responding to the previous poster, so that would be you.
My middle name is not 'Lemming', so I might just do things a little different. Has always worked for me.
I've never found 'first impressions' reliable, but if the second is like the first, then I never go for 'strike three'.
For me. money is simply an 'enabler' and I only get upset if I invest in an individual who fails, yet I KNEW the individual had no reason to. 
If I spend in a store or establishment and find I got failed service, the choice was ON ME, not them, so why get upset? Walk away and don't come back...but, yea - give them some 'bad press' in spare time. Do I mind putting people in awkward positions in public, such as anyone representing a company?
Nope. 
I HATE (and I NEVER use that word, but it is true this time) SALESMEN, but even I have to sell myself (and I don't hate meBig smileWink)
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 4:31pm

He already said that a few posts back, Pa.

You really ought to try reading these threads prior to posting. Ermm

Just a suggestion. 
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 5:33am
I walked into a Panera once, and walked right back out.  The prices were more than I was willing to spend...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

He already said that a few posts back, Pa.

You really ought to try reading these threads prior to posting. Ermm

Just a suggestion. 

Whoopie. Just what I need - correcting.

Out of the kindness of my heart, I decided NOT to say precisely that to you in another thread...Disapprove
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

I walked into a Panera once, and walked right back out.  The prices were more than I was willing to spend...

Try one of their asiago cheese bagels sometime.

Plain, with nothing on it.

When I drop in there for a snack to go, I get two asiago cheese bagels and a soda.

About $3.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 3:48pm

Whoopie. Just what I need - correcting.

Out of the kindness of my heart, I decided NOT to say precisely that to you in another thread...Disapprove

Now, now Pa.

Dry those tears.

I didn't mean to wound your tender feelings.

And it's not like you never play forum hall monitor yourself... 

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 4:13pm
^^^Having a bad day, are we? Need to be condescending to make yourself feel better about something? What's wrong? Why the 'tude, dude?Stern Smile
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 5:24pm
Now, now Boys!

I think we have all done it at one time or another!

Please notice the timeline of these unaltered posts...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 11:17am

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 2:31pm
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 12:17am

^^^Having a bad day, are we? Need to be condescending to make yourself feel better about something? What's wrong? Why the 'tude, dude?Stern Smile

challenge issued by the TUDE KING
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 2:39am
EmbarrassedConfused Quit reading stuff into a few words from old turds kicking sand in each other's face. 
It happens.
We may not always agree, but I respect the man and even read his posts. Heck, I look forward to them. Everybody has those moments where a friendly, ribbing  comment gets misconstrued and the next thing you know, simple conversation gets hopelessly derailed. My perspective? Walk away ajnd start fresh later. Whadda ya wanna see? 'Kissy & Make-Up'?  Really???! 
We're 'big boys' - been around the block and we each have a strong...

'
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 2:59am

Oh, for that very reason, I'm no regular and it's certainly not an every day stop. Once in a blue moon, I'll treat myself - maybe grab a smoothie or a sandwich and try to enjoy the flavor and good feeling with which I always leave. In Panera's case, memories of the bitter taste of all that money being puked up to pay their prices actually gets outweighed by the quality of their products. 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 5:55am

EmbarrassedConfused Quit reading stuff into a few words from old turds kicking sand in each other's face. 
It happens.
We may not always agree, but I respect the man and even read his posts. Heck, I look forward to them.
Everybody has those moments where 

a friendly, ribbing  comment 

gets misconstrued and the next thing you know, simple conversation gets hopelessly derailed. My perspective? Walk away ajnd start fresh later. Whadda ya wanna see? 'Kissy & Make-Up'?  Really???! 
We're 'big boys' - been around the block and we each have a strong...

That's all I meant it as to begin with, Pa.

You know I wouldn't attack you out of spite or with any kind of ill intent.

It's just fun to poke at you once in awhile.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 5:52am
If you poke him in the belly, he giggles like the Pillsbury Doughboy... 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 8:28pm

If you poke him in the belly, he giggles like the Pillsbury Doughboy... 
LOLI DO!
And if you're a female and I LIKE you, I giggle really nicely for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic