Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Burger King 'Impossible Whopper' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burger King 'Impossible Whopper' (video)
    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 10:50pm
Shocked"LIES!", she exclaims.
Hey lady, let the damned thing cool for a few minutes and try another bite - you will see that if  you put enough lipstick on any pig and you're as hot for it as it is for you, you'll wake up with it in the morning.Dead
Trust Paw - *I* know about these things. It also doesn't hurt that I'm eating an 'Impossible Whopper' as I type this.
Well, o.k. - I'm taking a break after pulling out an onion tape worm that stretched from my stomach to my lips  Ever do that? Catch yourself gagging as you're trying to swallow something you can't seem to get a grip on? The esophagus gets a tingly feeling as you're pulling the slimy bugger out (at least it's not alive). 
What can I say about it? 
My stomach is currently full.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 11:30pm
Yeabut, did you think you were eating a burger, or did you just force it down because it cost you hard-earned dollars?

I saw something about it on TV, but couldn't be bothered to look into it further. Supposedly it has the same amount of calories, and what it gives up in cholesterol, it makes up for in sodium.

Dunno.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 11:52pm
Hi Darthy - great to see ya.
Let me tell you a little bit of this about thatWink
1.) I sure as hell didn't eat it for my health and yes indeed. my mouth now tastes like I've been sucking down black coffee and a 'salt lick'LOL
2.) It LOOKS like a burger, but as I said about lipstick...
3.) The slimy long onions, which indeed resembled tapeworms, were the worst part - I really did have to pull one out (and I've never done that before).
4.) You are wise to do precisely as you say - don't be bothered with it.
Dunno? NowYaKnow

Think it is about time for me to puke, so, if you'll excuse me...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 12:33am
I heard there's a cheap, Chinese counterfeit version out already.

It's made from a paste of finely ground up fish guts, bamboo shoots and soy sauce.

They call it the Imwhossible Popper.

The similar spelling is supposed to fool you.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 12:53am
Sorry but I pass on this sh*t
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 2:52am
These "burgers" contain a suspected carcinogen, so there's that.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 5:59am
I need to gain weight, but I'll pass on this one...
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

And I exclaimed: "FAT!" Evil Smile
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I heard there's a cheap, Chinese counterfeit version out already.

It's made from a paste of finely ground up bamboo shoots and a combination of soy and fish sauce.

They call it the Imwhossible Popper.

The similar spelling is supposed to fool you.
LOLLOL

I wonder if they get their veggie burgers from Morningstar?

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 9:08pm
I think I'll pass on both. Dead

"I'm a kid, so if I like it..."

What?

It tastes like paste and boogers? 

Dude seems to be enjoying it, though. I guess if I never outgrew my love of PB&J, grilled cheese and tomato soup, and Little Debbie snack cakes, this guy could still enjoy that oh, so sweet flavor of freshly-mined nose gold.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Thuumb Thuumb wrote:

These "burgers" contain a suspected carcinogen, so there's that.

SmileThank You for this contribution - I wish I had your wisdom in advance of 'going for it'.
Every moment from the end of the 'burger' to now has been miserable - gas, stomach feeling as if it was going to explode, bad sleep, so we're all heading to either Olive Garden or Cracker Barrel to eat better quality food.
drjimmy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drjimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 6:48am
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

Yeabut, did you think you were eating a burger, or did you just force it down because it cost you hard-earned dollars?

I saw something about it on TV, but couldn't be bothered to look into it further. Supposedly it has the same amount of calories, and what it gives up in cholesterol, it makes up for in sodium.

Dunno.

I have to watch carbs and cholesterol,  and I was thinking if it wasn't for the damn BREAD, this might be a good rare fast food cheat I could enjoy ( I've had garden burgers before, they are..eh  ok ) = Why fast food chains won't serve low carb bread ( there really isn't a taste difference ) and attract a bigger draw than those who just don't watch their diet at all is beyond me....Or is all of that......LIES !  Shocked
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 8:50am
Originally posted by drjimmy drjimmy wrote:

I have to watch carbs and cholesterol,  and I was thinking if it wasn't for the damn BREAD, this might be a good rare fast food cheat I could enjoy ( I've had garden burgers before, they are..eh  ok ) = Why fast food chains won't serve low carb bread ( there really isn't a taste difference ) and attract a bigger draw than those who just don't watch their diet at all is beyond me....Or is all of that......LIES !  Shocked

Carl's Jr. (and Hardee's, I assume) used to sell a low-carb burger---that is, a burger w/o the bun.  It was held together by the wrapping paper.  Not bad, actually.  I dunno if they still have this on the menu.

NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 3:08am
Had one the other day. It was quite good, and had I not known, I would have thought it was beef or a similar meat. 

But the Beyond Burger - Put in in the trash. Bought from Whole Foods refrigerator case and tried 2 days later. Opened package. Looked like dog food. Stunk something awful. Almost wanted to toss it. Cooked it under the broiler. Not quite long enough. Finished cooking it in a pan. Looks good after cooking, smell subsides. Tastes like part beef, part Boca burger. Fairly tasty but oily. Bad aftertaste creeps up, kitchen still had a bit of that stink hours later. Tried the other one on the charcoal grill. No better, but saved the kitchen from stinking.
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 3:10am
Originally posted by drjimmy drjimmy wrote:

Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

Dunno.

I had no pickles, ketchup, or mayo, and it was 450 calories, with 750 mg sodium, 16 g fat, 8 sat, 8 sugar

Without the bun, It's 220 calories, 330 mg sodium, 12 g fat, 7 sat, 3 sugar

But if you get everything, it's 630 calories and 1080 mg sodium. 34 g fat, 11 sat, 12 sugar
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 11:24am
Originally posted by NJtoTX NJtoTX wrote:

I had no pickles, ketchup, or mayo, and it was 450 calories, with 750 mg sodium, 16 g fat, 8 sat, 8 sugar

Without the bun, It's 220 calories, 330 mg sodium, 12 g fat, 7 sat, 3 sugar

But if you get everything, it's 630 calories and 1080 mg sodium. 34 g fat, 11 sat, 12 sugar

Do you have a chart or something to come up with these numbers?Confused I would love to have a tool that could provide numbers like that.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 5:58pm
C'mon PaW.  You are like the master of facts and other things!

Impossible Whopper nutrition

As for nutrition, the burgers (not including the buns, sauces, and other extras), contain the following per 4-ounce patty:

• Calories: 240
  • Fat: 14 grams
  • Saturated fat: 8 grams
  • Sodium: 370 milligrams
  • Carbohydrates: 9 grams
  • Fiber: 3 grams
  • Protein: 19 grams

https://www.prevention.com/food-nutrition/healthy-eating/a27308144/burger-king-impossible-whopper-nutrition-facts/
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

As for nutrition, the burgers (not including the buns, sauces, and other extras), contain the following per 4-ounce patty:

https://www.prevention.com/food-nutrition/healthy-eating/a27308144/burger-king-impossible-whopper-nutrition-facts/
I'm not looking (yet) - just asking: Does that site add in ketchup, mayo, tomatoes, other veggies, pickles? 
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 2:17am

I'm not looking (yet) - just asking: Does that site add in ketchup, mayo, tomatoes, other veggies, pickles? 

Click the green heart to customize ingredients.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by NJtoTX NJtoTX wrote:

Click the green heart to customize ingredients.

SmileThank You
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 4:21am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

And I exclaimed: <span style="font-size: x-large;">"</span><span style="font-size: x-large;">FAT!" Evil Smile</span>

Not only FAT, but if you freeze frame it you can see lights reflecting off her GREASY face!!
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
TheNilvarg View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNilvarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 4:43pm
They can have a plant-based burger if they want. What pisses me off is all of these "real people, not actors" type commercials. They're clearly actors, clearly reading the exact words that Burger King paid them to read.
drjimmy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drjimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 7:35am
Well,  I remember a few months ago reading the comment about the gorilla heffer yelling LIES in regards to the Impossible Plopper.  At the time,  I didn't find it annoying,  so I chuckled,  at this thread and moved on....  That was back in August.   It's now nearing Halloween and Roseanne's cousin is still barfing out "LIES"  with the bulging "EYES" about 15 times a day on the stations I watch....So I came a-searching,  and I found the top post and I paid more attention this time.........And I want to thank PaWolf for making  my diet a success.  Yep....No appetite means less carbs...less carbs means lose weight.....OH and I suppose BARFING a lung out helps disperse some weight as well,  since the freaking  ONION TAPE WORM FROM YOUR MOUTH TO YOUR STOMACH has me hovered over the bowl, doubting I will ever be the same, thinking I will dry heave at every turn I make past The Plopper King establishments.....Thank you for helping me dislike food again........The only thing missing was the part about you finding small curly hairs under the top bun of the burger. 

I only came back to say I now totally agree that the Heffer and the LIE yell was annoying and sickening,  never did I imagine that I could actually add to my top ten reasons to vomit on a early Sunday morning !  SLIMY BUGGERS !!!!!!!!!!  DeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDead

Hey lady, let the damned thing cool for a few minutes and try another bite - you will see that if  you put enough lipstick on any pig and you're as hot for it as it is for you, you'll wake up with it in the morning.Dead
Trust Paw - *I* know about these things. It also doesn't hurt that I'm eating an 'Impossible Whopper' as I type this.
Well, o.k. - I'm taking a break after pulling out an onion tape worm that stretched from my stomach to my lips  Ever do that? Catch yourself gagging as you're trying to swallow something you can't seem to get a grip on? The esophagus gets a tingly feeling as you're pulling the slimy bugger out (at least it's not alive). 
What can I say about it? 
My stomach is currently full.
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 4:43am
Mahk.  He's not just about Chevy and Potsch.

"I think that somebody put a notebook in my sandwich!"  LOL LOL LOL

MEllis72 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MEllis72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 4:23pm
Just take some bacon and some cinders from that World Famous Flame Broiler, and you can make chicken taste like Beef. Just don't look at it....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic