Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

El Pollo Loco TV Commercial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandy m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: El Pollo Loco TV Commercial
    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 7:42pm
I don't eat their food, but it's the music of their tv commercial that I hate. It's a song, You're Mine, that was written and performed by black performers Robert & Johnny in 1958. The song was later performed by Mexican-American singers. This latter version is what's played on the El Pollo Loco tv commercial. Why is it wrong to play that song today? Well, in 2019, it's wrong to have a guy telling a girl "you're mine". That possessive statement reflects a mindset that is at the root of domestic violence. And, we don't need to hear messages that condone possessiveness. The song should have stayed in 1958!
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 9:18pm
Well, thank God we finally got the modern millennial, misandrist, feminista, SJW point of view on this burning issue!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 4:22am
Confused...but...but...she TOLD me, "I'm alllll yours!", so am I wrong if I occasionally remind her (without physical contact)? 
What if that was one of our favorite songs back before we got married and still is?  
If she decides to disagree, can I rent her out for the percentage of time she isn't mine as long as I agree to let her rent me out for the same purpose? 
What if she has a transplant? Would that portion that wasn't originally hers never be mine and could I sue the donor's family, should she only be 75% mine (I'd use 'fair market value' to determine settlement). 
If she had an identical twin, could both be all mine, if only one told me so?

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 5:56am
" it's the music of their tv commercial that I hate'

Cheer up, when the holidays come around, they'll change it to "Baby, It's Cold Outside"...  Wink
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 4:54pm
I tried to find the commercial as I recall El Pollo Loco having tasty chicken (it has been a VERY LONG TIME since I have visited one), so I searched for the commercial in question but couldn't find it.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 5:14pm
According to YouTube, this is 4 months old.

As far as possessiveness, I don't think it's wrong to tell my wife...

You will be mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, all mine
You could be mine, could be mine
Be mine, all mine

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 5:30pm
When it comes to 'possessiveness', today's whiners should consider the music of their parents and understand their place in the social structure. otherwise this world will not be in place for them when they need it the most. 'Roots' matter.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 6:20pm
LOLLOL

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 12:43am
Is this is new chain? I've never heard of it. Actually the name confused me with the fast food joint in "Breaking Bad."

Honestly, I would fear eating here (like Chopotle), it would not be nice to my digestive system!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 1:15am
Nope - not new - a Southwest fast food eatery. I first experienced El Pollo Loco at least 30+ years ago.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 5:29am
The chain is here in FL.  The food's fair, but the fried stuff just oozes that nasty palm oil...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

The chain is here in FL.  The food's fair, but the fried stuff just oozes that nasty palm oil...
My brother lives closer to Tampa and advises chicken lovers to visit THIS place:
Screen Shot20190803At2 47 06PM

He says it will cure anyone's love of chicken. I went to the website and I firmly believe him after reviewing the menu. I just KNOW MrT and ol'Mule could find one of these near them and probably provide a review after they get finished getting their stomachs pumped.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Well, thank God we finally got the modern millennial, misandrist, feminista, SJW point of view on this burning issue!!!

Cream Lady Redux? I am a champion for equal rights of course including women. Should we go with Orwell's 1984 Ministry of Truth and censor everything that "offends" someone? It would ruin some of my favorite vintage songs. 'Heard it through the grapevine. Not much longer would you be MINE', 'I put a spell on you, because you're MINE'. 'My girl'. On and on!   
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic