Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Silver Singles- Rediscover the Magic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Silver Singles- Rediscover the Magic
    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 5:31pm
I have not "dated" anyone but my current wife since the late 90s.  I can't imagine doing it now!

Once again, iSpot doesn't have the video.  They did provide some screenshots! Tongue

It sure looks like somebody had a happy ending!  Evil Smile

Silver Singles TV Spot, Rediscover the Magic - Screenshot 2

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 7:04pm
My bro joined one of those old people dating sites a few years back.  Let's just say the actual people up for grabs don't look quite as good as the ones in the commercials.  LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 7:13pm
I hate that phony plastic looking beotch in those ads.

She looks like hanging out with her would be about as interesting as watching paint dry.

And yeah, I've always figured the actual people who use those services look about as much like the people in the commercials as fast food hamburgers look like the ones in the pictures.

Common sense, really.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 7:17pm
As I said in another thread, I love slop.  So, the "actual burger" above actually looks pretty good to me.  It just looks like it's begging to be wolfed down.

I've had a hankerin' for cheap burgers lately.  Maybe I'll pop that Dollar Tree burger in the microwave this afternoon.

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 1:06pm
the Big Mac i got about a week ago actually appeared really close to the tv ideal-
the weird thing was it seemed FAR more bready than the slovenly 'real life'
BM i was used to receiving from my Wacarnolds-and wasnt as good!

BM...... HAH! My mothers term for POOP
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I have not "dated" anyone but my current wife since the late 90s.  I can't imagine doing it now!

Once again, iSpot doesn't have the video.  They did provide some screenshots! Tongue

It sure looks like somebody had a happy ending!  Evil Smile

Silver Singles TV Spot, Rediscover the Magic - Screenshot 2
ConfusedI seem to recall a really sick episode of 'Law & Order' where 'Daddy' gets his daughter pregnant (at the end of the episode, the daughter, in tears, tells the detectives how much she really loves her father). The above photo reminded me of that episode immediately.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 4:45pm
She has certainly aged better than he has!  I like his technique though, the Good Morning Goose with a reach around. Evil Smile
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 5:41pm
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 5:51pm
LOLLOLLOL

Is she wearing his boxers too?

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Cry'Roll of Quarters'???!!!
They leave jars near the cash registers for those underprivileged ones...or maybe send them to St Jude's for free reconstructive surgery. Heck, if your right leg is 1 1/2 foot shorter than your left, you can't drive a car. If your middle leg is another foot shorter and is effectively a roll of quarters, you probably have 'Dunlop's Disease' and can't even see where you're peeing, much less have a reason to smile first thing in the morning when brushing up against the ol'tuna treasure.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 8:27pm

LOLLOLLOL

If he's wearing her panties, then probably so.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 4:34pm

LOLLOLLOL

Disapprove How unacceptable!
If that was true, I just bet she told him that his 'breakfast phallus' tasted of ordure.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 6:39pm

LOLLOLLOL

I'd be wearing her panties on my face, or hang them on my rear view mirror!  But that's just me!
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 12:35am
I'll be hitting 50 in a few years, eh.
If I choose to hit up these sites, with my luck I'd end up with someone like this...
God help me! LOL

(**Warning Explicit language**
PS: Does she think that Lays Stax is a microphone?

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 1:47am
^^^ShockedLOL!!! What a character!
Someone should call 'GrubHub' for her and send the consolation prize...
Image result for snausage picture

Gotta be careful, TNIP - make the lucky winner sign papers and get her health checked out.

After such a serious life for the first part, I'd LOVE to meet the cute version of TNIP's woman and simply laugh my ass off to the end. I thought I did but she suffered of a brain aneurysm while cutting her front lawn. Didn't even finish, dammitnow! Lost two women, now and that sucks...but there are more tuna out in the sea!

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 4:04am

I hate that phony plastic looking beotch in those ads.

She looks like hanging out with her would be about as interesting as watching paint dry.

And yeah, I've always figured the actual people who use those services look about as much like the people in the commercials as fast food hamburgers look like the ones in the pictures.

Common sense, really.
You reminded me of a favorite film 'Falling Down'. If you have not seen it, I think you might like it.

Falling Down is a 1993 thriller film directed by Joel Schumacher and written by Ebbe Roe Smith.[2]

The film stars Michael Douglas in the lead role of William Foster, a divorced and unemployed former defense engineer. The film centers on Foster as he treks on foot across the city of Los Angeles

, trying to reach the house of his estranged ex-wife in time for his daughter's birthday party.

Not wanting to be a "spoiler" if you have not seen it I will only post an excerpt that applies to the advertised burgers verses the actual ones.

At a fast food restaurant, Whammy Burger, Foster attempts to order breakfast, but they have switched to the lunch menu. (Just as he reaches the counter the clock hand clicks from 10:59 AM to 11:00 AM) After an argument with the manager, Foster pulls a gun and accidentally fires into the ceiling. After trying to reassure the frightened employees and customers he won't hurt anyone, he relents and orders lunch instead of the breakfast which he initially sought and demanded, but is annoyed when the burger looks nothing like the one shown on the menu.

EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 4:41am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

You reminded me of a favorite film 'Falling Down'. If you have not seen it, I think you might like it.

Falling Down...

Also on MY 'top ten' list!
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Falling Down...

Also on MY 'top ten' list!

Good flick. The construction guys tearing up the street for no damn reason, I swear this is like the local water company that has f'ed up all the roads around Philly. Digging holes, I drive by as traffic is backed up and these idiots are standing there looking at it, patch it up...they come back a month later and rip up the streets some more. Morons! Angry 

William did what most of us thought of with everyday insane annoyances...but obviously too sane to act on it.

You gotta wonder though, if this movie was scheduled for a Fall 2019 released, would it even see the light of day or get scrapped?

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Good flick. The construction guys tearing up the street for no damn reason, I swear this is like the local water company that has f'ed up all the roads around Philly. Digging holes, I drive by as traffic is backed up and these idiots are standing there looking at it, patch it up...they come back a month later and rip up the streets some more. Morons! Angry 

William did what most of us thought of with everyday insane annoyances...but obviously too sane to act on it.

You gotta wonder though, if this movie was scheduled for a Fall 2019 released, would it even see the light of day or get scrapped?

DisapproveThis really was an important film and I'm sure it wouldn't have seen the light of day, these days...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic