Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now they want to move Halloween.... whaa????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Now they want to move Halloween.... whaa????
    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 1:04am
I know it's a tad early to be talking about Halloween (well, for most people, but not me - I like talking about it anytime) but it's been in the news recently, so it's a current issue.

Apparently the people at Snickers (Mars) are sponsoring a petition to get the gub'mint to officially move Halloween from October 31st to the last Saturday of the month.

They're claiming it would benefit everyone who wants to party, to celebrate on Saturday vs some random weekday and that it would be safer for children.

I can see their point, but nobody knows if they want to change the actual day of Halloween itself or if they just want to change the day it's celebrated.

I can see creating a "Trick or Treat Day" or "Halloween Celebration Day" or "Halloween Party Day" etc, but October 31st is the only day that can ever be "All Hallows Eve" because All Saints Day is November 1st.

The clods at Snickers need to be more specific and realistic, and also do a better job of communicating to the public what they're trying to do.

Whatever it is, there must be an increased profit motive in there somewhere.

Snickers wants to change date of Halloween

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 5:54am
They just want people to have to give out (their) candy for two days instead of one...

My message to them is:

LOL GF'd Snickers

LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 7:05am
Snickers is Not Sorry!  I think they should just leave it alone.  Jimbo!  Just don't be a Halloweenie and get banned again! Wink
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Snickers is Not Sorry!  I think they should just leave it alone.  Jimbo!  Just don't be a Halloweenie and get banned again! Wink

I have no intention of offending any crybaby snowflake panty-pissers or diaper crappers or their namby-pamby, PC obsessed baby sitter.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 5:42pm
I've been trying to find that video of (that guy) you sent me.  I can't even remember his screen name.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic