Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dr. Pepper, stupid talking/singing can.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dr. Pepper, stupid talking/singing can.
    Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 6:29pm

This commercial is so stupid.This commercial starts off in the middle of a lecture (of course it's always in a large almost stadium sized room.Ermm)where the professor starts to say "Now lets take a look on the concept of multi-personalities..." next thing you know some douche bag student who thinks he's so cool opens up a can of Dr. Pepper and sips it, then the can immediately begins to talk (complete with creepy CGI talking effects) with an ultra annoying "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYIEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(then starts singing something about flavorlicious)"and instead of the professor immediately turning around and saying "WTF WAS THAT!!!???" or "HEY! Why do you have a soda in the classroom???" he ignores it! then the student who opened the can covers the can with his hand and then uncovers it and then the can starts to sing in a latino type voice with the same flavorlicious line and then the student again covers it again with his hand and then uncovers it and then the can starts singing in an Arena Rock type voice with the same flavorlicious line, and then everyone in the classroom is smiling including the professor and shaking their heads like they're dancing and one of the female students makes a KISS signal with her hands and sticks her tounge out.DeadFirst off I can't remember the last time a college professor allowed cans of soda in the classroom, and second if a soda can some-how started to speak/sing I highly doubt people would be so gleeful about it, so in the interest of scenarios let me demonstrate what would happen in real life. Professor:"Now lets take a look on the concept of multi-personalities..."douche bag opens can of Dr. Pepper and the sips it.Professor:"Hey! Why do you have a can of soda in the classroom?" douche bag student:"Well I was thirsty and-"Professor:"Well finish it up, and if you spill anything you're going to have to clean it up."professor goes back to lecturing.can:"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYIEEEEEE WE'RE FLAVORLICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Professor:"WHAT THE F*** WAS THAT!!!???"douche bag student:"Well uh...it um.....seems my uh...can (nervous laughs) seems to be speaking."Professor:"baloney! Soda cans can't speak! I know that was you! Stop disrupting the class ! now finish that can!!!!!Now as I was saying..."can: (now in a latino voice)"MUY BUENO!!!!!! WE'RE ARE MUCHO FLAVORLICIOUS!!!!!!!!" random female student "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! IT'S ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIVE! I SAW IT FOR MYSELF MR. JOHNSON!!!! GET THAT CREEPY THING OUT OF HERE!!!!!"Professor:"YEAH RIGHT! YOU'RE NOT FOOLING ME!!!!!"grabs the Dr. Pepper off the student's desk"GIMMIE THAT THING! IT'S DISTRACTING YOU FOR SOME REASON!!!"walks back to desk places Dr. Pepper can on desk,goes back to lecturing "NOW! AS I WAS SAYING...."can: (now in a Arena Rock voice) "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEE FLAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVOR-LIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!"Professor: turns around,stunned "HOLY S***!!!!!!!!!!!! It did talk!" immediately tries to crush it with his fist students:"KILL IT!!!!! KILL IT!!!!!!"can:"FLAVORLICIOUS!!!!!"Professor: grabs a large text book slams it around on the desk attempting to crush the can "SHUT UP!!!!!!!"can:"FLAVORLICIOUS!!!!!" jumps off desk on to the floor jumping around trying to run awayProfessor: looking around"DAMMIT!!!!! WHERE IS IT!!!!!??"a group of students: pointing "IT'S OVER THERE!!!!!, KILL IIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!"Professor: now stomping on the floor trying to crush the can "DIE!!!!!,DIE!!!!!"can: still jumping around trying to run away "FLAVORLICIOUS!!!!"Professor: still stomping his foot trying to crush the can "SHHHHHHHHUT UUUUUUUP!!!!!"can: still jumping around trying to run away "FLAVORLICIOUS!!!!"chaos ensues, some people are screaming in panic over an annoying small talking can, others are absolutely angry grabbing anything they can chairs,books.anything heavy to shut up the stupid cancan: still jumping around trying to run away "FLAVORLICIOUS!!!!"Professor: still stomping his foot trying to crush the can "SHUT UP!!!!!"students:"KILL THAT CAAAAAANNN!!!!can: still jumping around trying to run away "FLAVORLICIOUS!!!!"Professor: still stomping his foot trying to crush the can "SHHHHHHHHUT UUUUUUUP!!!!!"can: still jumping around trying to run away "FLAVORLICIOUS!!!!"students "KILL IT KILL IT!!!!!!"Professor: still stomping his foot trying to crush the can "SHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT UUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!!!"random student "I'll get it professor!!!!"  tosses a large book at it, misses it by inches "$#@% I MISSED!!!!!"a random student: "DON'T LET IT GET AWAY!!!"can: still jumping around trying to run away "FLAVORLICIOUS!!!!"Professor: still stomping his foot trying to crush the can,gets his foot right over the can,aims,and stomps his foot "SHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"a crunching sound is heard,everyone freezes and stops what they're doing,silencerandom student: "Did you get it? is it dead???"Professor: "I don't.......know" removes his foot slowly away from the floor,revealing a puddle of soda and a flattened can,so flat, like a pancakecan:"ow" murmurs a couple of incoherent words "err...um.....uh.....FLAVORLICIOUS!!!!!!"immediately slides itself across the floor leaving streaks of soda,manages to slide under the bottom of the door out into the hallwaygroup of students:"It's STIIIIIL TALKING!!!!AFTER IIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!"the entire classroom runs after the flattened can out into the hallway. LOL  
Sponsored Links

kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 12:02am
Yeahhhh boy!! Ya know I'm flava flavalicious! Explore my flavor before ya miss it! LOL
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 1:05am
Flava Flav has disovered the secret to immortality. Take every single drug in existance. I think by now he's probably snorted half of Columbia.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 1:06am
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

Flava Flav has disovered the secret to immortality. Take every single drug in existance. I think by now he's probably snorted half of Columbia.

LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 1:53am
According to the ad, Dr. Pepper has 23 flavors in it.   How come when I've drunk it I can only come up with one:   CRAP.  Confused   OK I take that back.  It tastes like cream soda and cherries and carbonated toilet rust.   OKAY...I need 19 more flavors.  LOL
8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 10:30pm
Dr. Pepper missed out on a great sponsorship opportunity for the movie 23.  YEEEEEAAHHHH BOOOOOYYYYYYY!  This commercial is as stupid as that movie. 
8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 7:48pm
I just started seeing this stupid ad again during FOX programming this summer.   Thanks, Ad Nauseous, for that terrific parody...maybe you can sell it to FOX and launch a new TV show, "Ad Nauseum", which contains more humor than recent airings of MAD TV.   
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

LOL

Columbia, Ohio? IS there good drug trafficking there? And all this time I was looking for coke in Colombia! How could I have been so blind?
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
promontorium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote promontorium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 10:30pm

That's a sad story :(

Dr. Pepper can was just happy somebody was drinking him for once. :S

I love commercials, for the most part.
JimA View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 6:41am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

First off I can't remember the last time a college professor allowed cans of soda in the classroom,

Where did you go to college? Most of my profs, in large lecture halls anyway, didn't say anything. I've seen people eat lunch during lectures. Hell, half the class was online, checking email or looking at news sites.
NotBuyingIt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotBuyingIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 6:53am
I agree with JimA. I only just graduated from college in May and almost none of my professors cared if we drank soda or water in class. Most didn't care if we ate either, but some did. Large lecture hall classes were especially lenient and as JimA said, atleast a quarter of the class either had their cell phones out texting people or they were online pretending to type up their notes. My professors rarely cared about them doing that either, unless it disrupted the class in some way.

I do agree that the students' and professor's reactions to the singing can are totally unrealistic. I can see something similar to your scenerio happening.
What many ad execs do with most of their time.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 6:05pm
Well I went to NCCC in Winsted,hmmm maybe I'm getting it confused with high school, anyway most of them were concerned about the sodas making a mess not much concerned about water.  
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
NotBuyingIt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotBuyingIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 2:12am
In high school we weren't allowed to carry around any kind of food or beverage with us, unless it was some snack day when everyone was eating. We had to ask permission to go in the hall and use the drinking fountain. My college had a bit of a reputation as a party school so that may be another reason our professors weren't as strict as some.
What many ad execs do with most of their time.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 2:17am
I hate it when any food is animated.  I especially hate it when they put eyes on food. Nothing more disgusting to me.  I even hate it when lobster has eyes, well I hate lobster anyway.  I just don't like like animated food.

Beren View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 3:03pm
Maybe in the sequel to Ad nauseous' commercial, we could find out that the Dr Pepper can is actually like the car in the movie "Christine."
belc0011 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2008 at 7:26pm
Ha your scenario made me laugh so hard I cried!!!
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2008 at 7:40pm
I hate this ad to no end. That singing goes through my head like a hot iron through a helium ballon!!!! OH GOD!! SOMEONE MAKE IT STOP!!!! Only thing worse would be if Billy Mays and the FREE CREDITARDS were singing back up!!!
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
ZoomZoom View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZoomZoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2008 at 5:29am
Dr. Pepper is my crack.  I love it and in fact I'm drinking one right now. 
But when I see this commercial I just feel embarrased.  Flava Flav is soooo annoying.
Our enemies shall be eaten by squirrels
fourstringdrums View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourstringdrums Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2008 at 7:27am
I love Dr. Pepper, right on ZoomZoom. Unfortunately I've been getting sick from soda lately...the carbonation or the soda, who the hell knows. It happens every 5 years or so *lol*

I actually thought this commercial was funny with Flava Flav until it started singing other songs, then it just got stupid :D
Dad! The cable is out again CAN YOU FIXTH THIT!?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic