Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Burger King 'TACOS' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

"Duhhh Burger King Tacos? I di'nt know dey made tacos!"

That's because they're new, dipstick. Amazing, the clowns they find for these "man on the street" commercials.
It's funny how there is only black dudes!  Am *I* being excluded?  Doh!
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by caroln242 caroln242 wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I'm still gonna get about four of them for lunch on Saturday. Maybe an order of fries with them.

I'll probably regret it, but what the hey.

Had to try them.  Hate them.  You will definitely regret it, Jimbo.    Dead

I ended up chickening out and never tried them.

I went to YouTube and watched a few videos of people trying them and they just didn't look very appealing.

So, the Saturday I was going to try them, I went to BK as planned, but I just got a couple of double cheeseburgers. After I finished them, I still had a hankering for tacos, though.

As it happens, there's a Taco Bell almost right next door to the BK, so I went over there and scratched my taco itch with a couple of crunchy taco supremes.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Nice to see I haven't scared off all of the female members!

Like I said in some other random post, the feint of heart aren't going to last long on this forum!  LOL
I'm not easily appalled.  (Besides, aka, I've always found you to be one of the more well mannered people to talk to here.   Kudos!)
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 2:25am
I think they have been available at a few places for a long time. They used to be available here in S.E. CT, but that was a good five, maybe ten years ago.  I DO remember them as being great then. They reminded me of the "Jack in the Box" tacos we used to get way back in the 70's and 80's. It's not an authentic flavor, but it's good. Kind of like home made popcorn versus movie theater popcorn. Both good but for different reasons. 
The last time KB had them here I would go in and order like 15 at a time (I REALLY liked them). That would piss them off because apparently it takes a lot of extra labor to make them compared to a burger. I'm curious to know if anyone here has had them in the past and now. It takes a great effort for me to get to BK, and I want to make sure it's worth the trip.
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 8:34am
OH NO!  Say it isn't so!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 2:30pm
I was gonna try one of those Impossible Whoppers, then I read a recent news article that says they are less healthy than the regular beef Whoppers in terms of calories, fat, sodium ad carbohydrates.

Will probably still try one.

Or a couple.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 4:31pm
Yeaaaaaa....I'll prolly grab one and a taco and ask they be put in a large bag (in case I need to puke and return the product).
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 5:10pm

I was gonna try one of those Impossible Whoppers, then I read a recent news article that says they are less healthy than the regular beef Whoppers in terms of calories, fat, sodium ad carbohydrates.

Or a couple.

If it's not a more healthy choice, what's the point?  I'm kinda curious though!  Burger King is not an easy drive from here. Nothing good is!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 6:20pm

Or a couple.

If it's not a more healthy choice, what's the point?  I'm kinda curious though!  Burger King is not an easy drive from here. Nothing good is!

Some people just don't want to eat meat, either out of other health concerns surrounding red meat (colon cancer etc) or they don't believe in killing and eating animals.

One of the concerns vegans have that has come to light after BK publicly admitted it, is that the non-meat patty is cooked on the same conveyor that the meat patty is, as it passes through the flame griller. Therefore, the non-meat patty is getting a small amount of the grease that cooks out of the meat patties on it, making it not a true vegan burger.

So upon request, you can have the non-meat patty cooked in a different oven where it won't come into contact with any animal products.

My main concerns are the price and can I use my regular Whopper BOGO coupons with it.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by caroln242 caroln242 wrote:

Nice to see I haven't scared off all of the female members!

Like I said in some other random post, the feint of heart aren't going to last long on this forum!  LOL
I'm not easily appalled.  (Besides, aka, I've always found you to be one of the more well mannered people to talk to here.   Kudos!)
Thanks, Caroln!

We really do need the female aspect here.  My manners?  I don't know about that but I do speak my mind.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 6:25pm

We really do need the female aspect here.  My manners?  I don't know about that but I do speak my mind.

Translation: You're crude, rude and socially unacceptable.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 6:53pm

Translation: You're crude, rude and socially unacceptable.
LOL
Yeah!  That's why some people here love me!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic