Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dutch Boy Sleepy Purple

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dutch Boy Sleepy Purple
    Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 1:36am
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 5:05pm
I'm having trouble with the link.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 5:14pm
I think that's the same annoying douchebag who street danced in his kimono for Carvana.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I think that's the same annoying douchebag who street danced in his kimono for Carvana.
I tried to find it!  Feel free to post it if you have the time. Wink
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Here's the long version.

It sucks, btw.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 5:38pm

Here's the long version.

It sucks, btw.

Holy sh*t!  THAT SUCKS!  I had forgotten about that POS.  Just throw in some of that auto-tune, and yeah! I'm angry!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 6:47pm

Holy sh*t!  THAT SUCKS!  I had forgotten about that POS.  Just throw in some of that auto-tune, and yeah! I'm angry!

To be honest, I actually kinda like it.

It's one of those things that's so stupid, it makes you want to watch it more than once.

IOW, it's so bad it's good.

C'mon, man!
Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 12:21am
I just got a little too curious about the Dutch Boy spot...oh damn, if only I could unsee/unhear that! Just what we need: another smart wife/dense hubby ad. With a talking inanimate object thrown in. Not that any other gender combination would really be less offensive.

These days, gray walls are considered the "in" thing, as if CSI has supplanted The Brady Bunch as the inspiration for interior decor. Therefore I can imagine (scratch that, fantasize) the following:

Wife: "Dutch Boy, show me more grays."
Stupid talking paint container (misunderstanding): "Here is Morgue Gray #1."
(Cut to CSI-like scene with body bags being zipped up.)
LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 3:35am
Originally posted by Dr. Dan Dr. Dan wrote:

I just got a little too curious about the Dutch Boy spot...oh damn, if only I could unsee/unhear that! Just what we need: another smart wife/dense hubby ad. With a talking inanimate object thrown in. Not that any other gender combination would really be less offensive.

These days, gray walls are considered the "in" thing, as if CSI has supplanted The Brady Bunch as the inspiration for interior decor. Therefore I can imagine (scratch that, fantasize) the following:

Wife: "Dutch Boy, show me more grays."
Stupid talking paint container (misunderstanding): "Here is Morgue Gray #1."
(Cut to CSI-like scene with body bags being zipped up.)
Ohhhhh....come on, now! Morgues are not the only places where grey is the proper color for a wall...sometimes when 'seeking the truth' is the objective, we use grey (and we COULD use a few tubs of 'Dutch Boy' in our 'Interviewing Room' - it would help the furniture stand out a bit better).
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ian16545 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian16545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 10:58pm
Mark this another one under the "Honey, I hear what you're saying but I just don't care" file.
One call... destroys 'em all!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic