Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oscar Meyer ruined hot dogs for me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oscar Meyer ruined hot dogs for me
    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 3:44pm

Well, next time I BBQ I'll be skipping the hot dogs. This commercial squicked me out a bit.

Commercials with food all over their face kinda sicken me anyway, but every time I think of a hot dog with peanut butter on it my appetite takes a nose dive. 

Plus, if you notice, the girl goes "MMM" as if she's enjoying it, but she clearly HAS NOT taken a bite of it. 
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 4:38pm
LOL

My daughter used to like ketchup on her scrambled eggs. Unhappy

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOL

I still like ketchup on my scrambled eggs. But never on hot dogs.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

LOL

I had a friend that did that. I thought it was gross, but still not as gross a peanut butter on a hot dog. 

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 5:20am
Quote ... a hot dog with peanut butter on it...
Plus, if you notice, the girl goes "MMM" as if she's enjoying it, but she clearly HAS NOT taken a bite of it.

Good thing it wasn't mayonnaise.  That would send a completely different message...  Shocked

!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 5:54am
Wow, what stupidity. And once again, TV has proven that the internet can make people do all sorts of stupid things. LOL on her not even taking a bite of it. What a dumbass.

Perhaps that's why they disabled comments on the video, because they don't like what people have to say about it.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 8:44am
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

LOL

I had a friend that did that. I thought it was gross, but still not as gross a peanut butter on a hot dog. 

I like ketchup on scrambled eggs.  I also like ketchup on a sliced hard-boiled egg sandwich.

caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 5:09pm
The only good hot dog is one with so much stuff on it that you can't taste the hot dog.  Ketchup, mustard, pickles, tomatoes, onions, peppers.  And it should be pretty badly burned on the grill. 
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 5:40am
Tomatoes?  ick, stick with the ketchup.    If you want to be sneaky, pile the bun up with everything (including saurkraut & chili) & leave the hot dog out.  Nobody will notice...  Wink
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Tomatoes?  ick, stick with the ketchup.    If you want to be sneaky, pile the bun up with everything (including saurkraut & chili) & leave the hot dog out.  Nobody will notice...  Wink

Now, that's a good idea! 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 6:07pm
Alright!  It's time once again to set the forum straight on what is offensive about tube steak.

Leave it to Mr. T to mention 'mayo'! LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by caroln242 caroln242 wrote:

The only good hot dog is one with so much stuff on it that you can't taste the hot dog.  Ketchup, mustard, pickles, tomatoes, onions, peppers.  And it should be pretty badly burned on the grill. 

I sometimes make my own homemade hot dog relish using diced up dill pickles, tomatoes, onions and peppers.

I like to use good all beef dogs like Nathan's and rather than flimsy packaged buns, get a long, skinny french bread baguette and cut it into four equal sections, which makes a nice, crusty roll for four dogs.

Slap a little mustard on there with it, but under NO circumstances, will ketchup EVER come into contact with any hot dog of mine, dammit!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 7:43pm
There's a sucker born every minute.
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 12:32am
Meh, doesn't bother me. And I only like onions on hot dogs.  
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 2:17pm

Alright!  It's time once again to set the forum straight on what is offensive about tube steak.

Leave it to Mr. T to mention 'mayo'! LOL

I'm wondering how that even got greenlit. Not one person in the process said "Whoa, this is going to offend a lot of people?".

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 5:01pm
^ Notice 'Banned' in the title?  There was a time when Hardee's/Carl's Jr. was all about sexy, scantily clad women shoving big food into their face.  It didn't bother me one bit!  Evil Smile

I'm not sure what they were thinking with this one...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic