Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - You are officially OLD, Jimbo - Happy Birthday!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

You are officially OLD, Jimbo - Happy Birthday!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You are officially OLD, Jimbo - Happy Birthday!
    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 11:25am
WinkNow you can face reality and come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as a 'Retirement Age', as so many others at your advanced age have had to face.
Means you just have to have a Happy Birthday, Bubba...hopefully a VERY Happy Birthday.

Lookie! They're singing your song!

https://media2.giphy.com/media/ulDHzfKbOd4Yg/giphy.gif

Birthday cake for a man. The old gray mule aint what he use to be!

Now you can join the crowd and start listening to appropriate, soothing music.
And, if you're lucky, start watching appropriate television shows...

As others say, "Welcome to the Club"

Let's see, if I have this right, your twin should be about as old as you, or somewhere roundabout, but this ain't about him.

Big smileWink
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 11:55am
Happy Birthday, Jimbo!  Now, Par---taaaaay!

(How do people our age do that, anyway?  Extra Metamucil?)

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 12:19pm
I wish I was 62!  Happy Birthday!

I think that's the age one can collect SS without the hassle of proving a disability.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 1:10pm
Happy Birthday, Jimbo! Hope you have a fantastic day filled with assorted birthday cakes.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 2:54pm
Awwwwww gee whiz everyone.... Thanks a million!!!!   

You guys have made my day already!!!

Pa: @ the videos. Sometimes I wish I lived in one of those "retirement" trailer parks where old(er) folks hang around with each other in their screened in porches and drink coffee all day, then go to bingo and shuffleboard at night. The fact that that kind of thing sounds appealing to me verifies that yes, I am officially OLD.

Thor: extra Metamucil and an extra dollop of Ben Gay or Icy Hot on the knees and various other joints. Sadly, those are the only "joints" involved in any "par-tay" I might take part in nowadays.

aka ron: I signed up back in March. My first check arrives the third week in August. After that it's fat city, baby!!! I'm gonna be a shoppin' & spendin' machine!!! Too bad all the stuff I'll be able to afford, like good food for instance, is stuff I can no longer have.

msmadz: I bought a NY style cheesecake yesterday. Got some chocolate and cherry (my favorite flavor combo) ice cream, too. All of which I've begun partaking of already.

Gonna finish off the last of a chocolate brioche with a cup of coffee in a few minutes.

Thanks again everyone!!!

This has made the best part of my day!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 4:56pm
ShockedConfusedEmbarrassed Just because the Inquiring Mindless NEED TO KNOW! (please excuse me should this be too personal): Do you remember that famous 'Fathers' Day' when your Mom presented your Dad with his brilliant new little tax exemption? Was that day a Sunday, also? Could this mean you are descended from a holy lineage and have drunk from the fountains at Rosslyn Chapel, or maybe just got drunk in Golden, Colorado?

WinkJust wait! You're eligible for medicaid dentures and hearing aids, now. Probably even get a better discount and quicker service if you can convince the gubment that you also suffer from an extreme case of hair-lip Tourette's Syndrome.  
In the meanwhile, let's peek at that new diet until the choppers get approved:

Peanut Butter! Yay!!!
SKIPPY® Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter Spread
Potted Meat! Yay!!!

Beef Broth! Yay!!!
Homemade Beef Broth
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 6:49pm
Happy, Happy Birthday Jimbo, and many more!  At this point, you know,  you are entitled to celebrate not just a single day, but an entire month.  And chocolate is good for you, so have all you want!!  
CapeCat
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

Happy, Happy Birthday Jimbo, and many more!  At this point, you know,  you are entitled to celebrate not just a single day, but an entire month.  And chocolate is good for you, so have all you want!!  
 TongueWink He might have to settle for chocolate syrup if he doesn't have his dentures, yet.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 10:06pm
LOLBig smile I can't seem to control myself today! Having too much fun playing with 'GrampyMule'.
Remember! He has 'Teaching Skills', so he will not be retiring anytime soon...heck, for all we know, he may be running a kiddy day care from his front room. Saving parents by teaching their children History and the importance of knowing what came before - it is SO important!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 3:26am
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

Thanks, CC!!!

I believe I had my fill today...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 3:28am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

LOLBig smile I can't seem to control myself today! Having too much fun playing with 'GrampyMule'.
Remember! He has 'Teaching Skills', so he will not be retiring anytime soon...heck, for all we know, he may be running a kiddy day care from his front room. Saving parents by teaching their children History and the importance of knowing what came before - it is SO important!

Thanks Pa, but that sounds more like Thor than me....

C'mon, man!
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 11:10pm
Happy Belated Birthday, Jimbo!
We're the same age! I think it's a great age!
One man gathers what another man spills
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Pa: @ the videos. Sometimes I wish I lived in one of those "retirement" trailer parks where old(er) folks hang around with each other in their screened in porches and drink coffee all day, then go to bingo and shuffleboard at night. The fact that that kind of thing sounds appealing to me verifies that yes, I am officially OLD.  

Disapprove...ol'Mule? Trust me - take it from one who knows. You CAN live in one of those trailer parks and you MAY just find neither Elvis or Michael Jackson are dead. They simply went home and are now 'roomies'. If I recall the last time I saw them, that trailer has 3 bedrooms and one is currently for rent.Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic