Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Honda 'Passport to Adventure' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Honda 'Passport to Adventure' (video)
    Posted: 13 May 2019 at 8:36pm
Disapprove...been meaning to crank this up for SO long!
The commercial is meant to sell the 'Honda Passport'...if I hear it again, I may need a Honda Passport with a passport so I can escape across the border before I get caught...
~~~
The song alone makes me go absolutely bat-sh*t! CAN'T STAND IT and it is by a group named '(I wish I was a) Wolfmother'. What a lame & pansy-like blathering go-around with a guitar! Every single time I hear it, I want to show the idiot box (TV) what the remote 'MUTE' button is for by tossing it straight into the screen...and I sure hope there are no humans around before I can compose myself, doncha know...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 9:38pm
That's Andrew Stockdale guitarist/singer for Wolfmother. I recognised his voice right away first time I saw this ad. Not sure if Wolfmother is still together but he's actually got a great rock voice if you ever heard any of his band's songs. On something wimpy like this though his talents don't shine. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 11:37pm
Yea, I know who they are and I'd still like to put him out of his misery, just because of that song.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sunny View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 4:12pm
I don't mind the music.   This commercial makes me miss Colorado.  That used to be my life. I want it back.  Every road trip/outdoors' car commercial ever makes me want to drop everything and start over.
I for one welcome the inspiration.  Keeps me connected to the things I used to/plan to do.  I actually stop and watch them and try to identify the landscape based on past travels.
Beats the hell out of listening to commercials saying this or that drug will cause bloody stools and certain death (but you'll die with clear skin).
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 4:46am
DisapproveI really don't like any wimp telling me everything about 'living free'. Done it all my life. And the vocalist? He sounds like a girl - probably an ugly one who smells of assorted cheap chemicals & vinegar, trying to get a date and do the dirty deed. Yea, always lived free...that is except when my wife would drag me off to jail (and she did a few times, but always beating the sh*t out of me first - then I wasn't 'free' and I would never admit to anything until 'tail time'). Colorado? Cool, but I'll take the German/French/Swiss/Italian Alps ANYTIME, or settle for the Adirondacks, which are pretty close to 'The Den' (the northern home). 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:56pm
Angry...just came on in the background and instantly induced rage...can't stand the song/singer!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic