Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cici's Unlimited Buffet (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cici's Unlimited Buffet (video)
    Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 4:22pm
Am I seeing a disturbing new trend here?

Liberty, Liberty, Liberty, Liberty.

Free free free free free?

And this?  Please, make it stop!

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 4:32pm
I haven't eaten at Cici's in years. Used to go there occasionally. Been thinking about going again, but the closest one is kind of far to drive just to eat and their pizza is not that great anyway.

There's a Pizza Hut nearby that still has dine-in and a weekday buffet.

Been meaning to hit it one day.

Maybe for my birthday.

Been trying to stick to a limited diet, though so it would have to be a one time thing.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 4:40pm
I love a good Pan Supreme with Italian sausage!
atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:40pm
How do they stay in business at $6 per person all you can eat? Haven't been in years either but remember the pizza was fairly decent. At least no worse than frozen. They must make it up on the drinks which aren't included but probably sell for $2 and cost them 5 cents a cup. I always just get water.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by atikovi atikovi wrote:

How do they stay in business at $6 per person all you can eat? Haven't been in years either but remember the pizza was fairly decent. At least no worse than frozen. They must make it up on the drinks which aren't included but probably sell for $2 and cost them 5 cents a cup. I always just get water.

I think the way they make money is that for every big eater who comes in and pigs out there are probably several light eaters who come in and only eat a little.

IOW, the light eaters probably more than pay for the big eaters.

As for the drinks, they used to sell them separately, but I think they got wise to the fact that people like us (you and I) were passing on the drink and just getting water, so they raised the buffet price and now include the drink with it.

What I used to do when I'd go there, was to get water then mix lemon juice packets and artificial sweetener packets from the iced tea condiments section into it and make a tasty sugar free (emphasis on FREE) lemonade.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 2:38pm
all i can say is
 seresto seresto seresto

also the WORST pizza i have ever had

literally went to the barf-ette ONCE & it was proof enough-they couldn't even do DESSERT PIZZA right--the salad was even bad

...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 3:02pm
Another unrealistic commercial.  Not a single out of shape, overweight person in the entire ad.  It's a buffet.  I haven't been to a buffet in a long time because I just can't eat that much, but the last time I went, 90 percent of the people were badly obese.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

Another unrealistic commercial.  Not a single out of shape, overweight person in the entire ad.  It's a buffet.  I haven't been to a buffet in a long time because I just can't eat that much, but the last time I went, 90 percent of the people were badly obese.

I used to go to Cici's on a semi regular basis. The one we (a couple of friends and I) went to is a pretty good one.

The food wasn't great, but it was certainly passable.

As for the percentage of obese customers, I wouldn't say it was 90%, but there were certainly more of them at any given time than they show in the commercials.

And across the board, they were mostly not as good looking or "classy" looking as the ad shows, either.

And that goes for the employees, too.

C'mon, man!
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 3:14pm
Pizza is my favorite food, so the idea of a pizza buffet is appealing to me.  I just can't eat enough in one sitting to make it even remotely worthwhile.  Between me and my wife, we get two meals out of a large cheese pizza. LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 4:23pm
There was a locally owned little pizza shop (Pasquale's) in Noblesville IN in the mid-80s when I was working at Pebble Brook.  They had a pizza lunch buffet on Thursdays (I think) and most of the crew would go there. It wasn't a very big place, only 5 or 6 different kinds of pizza to choose from. But they did have a nice salad bar and all you can eat garlic bread.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 5:22pm
Probably had "real" pizza, too.

Sounds like my kinda place.

BTW, if you're looking for aka ron (to serve him with a subpoena or bring him in for questioning, etc) and it's Thursday afternoon, you may well find him here:

Pasquale's Pizza
3623 W 16th St, Indianapolis, IN 46222
(317) 632-4331

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 5:40pm
LOL

If any crime was committed down there, it was my brother!  He lives on Walcott.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 5:50pm
Is that the same place you went to?

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 6:05pm
No. Like I said, this place was in Nobletucky.  The far north side of Indy.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 7:36pm
Maybe it's the same owners, just moved to a new location since the days you went there.

Or not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic