Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liberty Mutual - Limu Emu?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 8:24am

I HATE THESE FUCKING COMMERCIALS!!! 

Sponsored Links

HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 4:57pm
Every Wed in Prison was soy burger day. Thanksgiving we got a huge turkey leg. There was a common understanding that it was really an EMU leg. I don’t know for sure, but it was so big it took up the entire tray. No exaggeration. It was greasy and nasty. Not really edible, but every year we got it.
we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Angry McPisseron Angry McPisseron wrote:

I HATE THESE FUCKING COMMERCIALS!!! 

The first one had to have a 90 second segment telling people how to subscribe Liberty's YT channel and had to have some stupidness in that too.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 6:37pm
You should check in more often, angry s
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 10:00pm
ZERO PEOPLE THINK THE EMU IS FUNNY

let that sink in... 

ZERO PEOPLE THINK DOUG IS FUNNY 

ok got it 

ZERO PEPLE LIKE THE f**kING JINGLE

hmm ok your right 

WTF DO THEY KEEP MAKING VERSIONS OF THIS AD ???

ANYONE? can anybody explain to me why this stupid sh*t exists 

not only does it exist... the sh*t is on all day long!

AND LITERALLY ZERO PEOPLE ARE INTERSESTED IN IT EVEN MILDLY

IN FACT ALL PEOPLE WISH THEY HAD NEVER SEEN IT 

ALL PEOPLE WISH IT WOULD GO AWAY >>> ITS A FACT!!!!

AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

we are the music makers
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by HART HART wrote:

ZERO PEOPLE THINK THE EMU IS FUNNY

let that sink in... 

ZERO PEOPLE THINK DOUG IS FUNNY 

ok got it 

ZERO PEPLE LIKE THE f**kING JINGLE

hmm ok your right 

WTF DO THEY KEEP MAKING VERSIONS OF THIS AD ???

ANYONE? can anybody explain to me why this stupid sh*t exists 

not only does it exist... the sh*t is on all day long!

AND LITERALLY ZERO PEOPLE ARE INTERSESTED IN IT EVEN MILDLY

IN FACT ALL PEOPLE WISH THEY HAD NEVER SEEN IT 

ALL PEOPLE WISH IT WOULD GO AWAY >>> ITS A FACT!!!!

AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

I don't have a problem with the emu, but Doug is so cringeworthy at times and the jingle is very lame.
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:10pm
The thing is Nascarfan 

that for some reason (and we can only hope its not acquiesce through repetition)

The Phuckuts that make this stuff say to themselves 

"Gee this is the most stupid thing ever ...lets play it again!"

or " yeah this is annoying and insults peoples intelligence... lets expand on this theme!"

or " folks really seem to hate this jingle... lets go ahead and do a country version!"

or " I think we really hit the  pandering nail on the head !"    
we are the music makers
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 1:51am
i blame their agencies really strong hallucinogens

the latest one--the hot dog 'wet teddy bears' one--a real head scratcher there

their management green lights ANYTHING
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 7:20pm

The thing is Nascarfan 

that for some reason (and we can only hope its not acquiesce through repetition)

or " yeah this is annoying and insults peoples intelligence... lets expand on this theme!"

or " folks really seem to hate this jingle... lets go ahead and do a country version!"

Agreed. It's like these advertisers/ad agencies know how much their ads are terrible and want to tick us off even more.
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by radioandnascarfan radioandnascarfan wrote:

The thing is Nascarfan 

Agreed. It's like these advertisers/ad agencies know how much their ads are terrible and want to tick us off even more.

Im HOPING that is the answer because the alternative is well in short Phucking terrible !

what if they dont know how much they suck! 
we are the music makers
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 5:15pm
Another installment of the series that just won't die!  BuFu Doug and the FU-Emu!  Angry  And look...it's couples BBQ day!  Stupid freaking idiots!

Insurance companies are such back stabbing bastards!  Many of us will pay, pay, pay and never even file a claim.  Yet, the rates still go up!  f-off!  They (Progressive) raised the rate on my homeowners policy! Angry

HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 8:37pm
Im probably going to hell for this 

or on some kind of watch list 

Doug needs to be disemboweled and fed to the EMU in a public square 

as an example... this BBQ one... OMG 

I literally just need to laugh off my contempt for this series of ADS 

just when I thought it had reached its limit on stupidity

they come out with another one 
we are the music makers
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 9:56pm
Limu should grill FUG
Hey I just typoed GENIUS
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 1:34am
Why can't Liberty Mutual make great ads like Budweiser or the grocery chain Publix? Why do the ad execs think these commercials are winning people over? Even The General insurance ads have begun apologizing for their stupid ads and I bet they will gain new customers!
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 3:10am
These people continue to piss me off daily. Liberty x4 my a$$, and I will never let that phrase down.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 10:22pm
At least he didn't grill a wet teddy bear. LOL
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 5:42pm
Ostrich &amp; Emu

Meat cuts on the EMU
we are the music makers
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 7:18pm
In review 

we are the music makers
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 7:23pm
we are the music makers
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 7:29pm

we are the music makers
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 7:32pm
Of all the mascots Liberty Mutual and ad agency Goodby, Silverstein and Partners could have conjured, why did they choose a giant, flightless, and reputedly ill-tempered Australian bird?

Flo and her price gun are obnoxious, yes, but she is occasionally amusing. I get it.

The English-speaking GEICO gecko usually makes his point in a civilized manner, without a lot of shouting or commotion. I appreciate that, and I also get it.

The Mayhem guy? Nope, f**k that dude with a pineapple sideways. He is way overdue to have an accident he can’t walk away from.

But, an emu?

Yeah, emu rhymes with “LiMu,” and that fits today’s annoying pop-culture trend of combining celebrities’ first and last names to create tacky nicknames: JLo (Jennifer Lopez), JLaw (Jennifer Lawrence), KStew (Kristen Stewart), etc.

But isn’t this type of asshattery the domain of Millennials rather than older people?

(Also, raise your hand if you think the car insurance industry needs another mascot.)

To me, the whole concept seems tortured and overwrought, as if the creatives at Goodby were strapped for ideas but had to come up with something.

we are the music makers
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 9:02pm
The Emus Head, Vol. 1 of 2: A Chronicle of Dead Mans Flat (Classic  Reprint): Dawe, W. Carlton: 9781331224280: Amazon.com: Books
we are the music makers
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 8:08pm
I was visiting mom this weekend and had to deal with the Limu Emu nonsense. Especially the 'filter' commercial. And that f_____n wet teddy bear commercial.
Good god almighty just fire friggen' Doug and cook the emu already!!!!!
Liberty Liberty Liberty my a$$. Will never change. Angry
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 1:46pm
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 7:13pm
YEP THERE IT IS  Cry
we are the music makers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
  Share Topic