Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Applebees - Runaround Sue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Applebees - Runaround Sue
    Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 7:10pm
Who's the brain trust in the marketing department that decided to use "Runaround Sue" for this commercial?  Did they not listen to the lyrics?

"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 7:21pm
Thank you, Aleen!  Applebee's is the scum busting product that hopes to gain from other artist's success!
 I Hate them!
133 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 7:40pm
Yes they obviously don't read the lyrics of the songs they use. It's surprising people still eat at Applebees
Brandon

my weight only stirs the ground
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 8:01pm
'Runaround Sue' has become 'Hoveround Sue'.
Yea...can't pick up chicks there at 'Happy Hour' anymore. They're all too old and "Days of Our Lives' is usually just going off, so they aren't out yet. 
"...why don't you take off your Hoveround and lean back?"
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 12:18am
Up next from Applebees:  A commercial soundtracked by another oldie, this time "Mack The Knife" by Bobby Darin, featuring steak knives in use (at the table, of course).  Tongue

Yeah, they didn't even read the lyrics or know what the song is about.  Lame asses.

Or maybe they're inferring that two-timing sluts eat at Applebees!  LOL
Leelee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leelee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 6:04am
First let me say i love Apple's Bee its a great place to enjoy your food. And second Dion is a great singer his music today still sound fantastic and I love the commercial. Where the two girls and their dad are doing the The Floss great job Apple's Bee need more like that I loved it!!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Leelee Leelee wrote:

First let me say i love Apple's Bee its a great place to enjoy your food. And second Dion is a great singer his music today still sound fantastic and I love the commercial. Where the two girls and their dad are doing the The Floss great job Apple's Bee need more like that I loved it!!!
LOL
What a great first post...where is Donathan when we need it?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 5:07pm
Just change the lyrics. Replace Runaround Sue with Applebees. This would result in "Keep Away From Applebees". Easy, Peasy.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:37pm
God dammit I hate this commercial for Apple's Bee!  

I hate the way dorky Dad has that "oh sh*t!" look on his face when she walks in.  

And of course Super Mom is eating the salad.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 1:37am
As much as I enjoy going to Applebee's, I hate when these advertisers use classic songs to promote their product. Then that song is 'known' for a commercial. I didn't mind Anita Ward's 'Ring My Bell' UNTIL it was shoved up our a$$es for Walmart. Whitesnake's 'Here I Go Again,' for Walmart and now GEICO. Jackson 5's 'ABC' - now botched up into a Trelegy jingle. I still remember 'Somebody's Watching Me' and the stack of dollar bills with googly eyes for GEICO...and that was 10 years ago!
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
msubulldog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msubulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 1:44pm
It seems like all day long the wife has nothing on her mind except ordering take-out from Applebees at the end of her day.
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by verminstew verminstew wrote:

I hate the way dorky Dad has that "oh sh*t!" look on his face when she walks in.  

She walks in, and he's still got the noose around his neck. Who doesn't take the damn ties off asap?
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 2:18am
Originally posted by Banderboy Banderboy wrote:

Originally posted by verminstew verminstew wrote:

She walks in, and he's still got the noose around his neck. Who doesn't take the damn ties off asap?

Maybe 'Dad' thinks he is a Croatian mercenary from the 17th century...???
croatian-necktie
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 10:42pm
I first heard the song from watching this movie when I was younger. Although not sure what it has to do with baseball, either. LOL

msubulldog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msubulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 6:12pm
The wife is probably thinking about coitus with her husband once they finish their Applebees To Go and the kids have gone to bed.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 6:19pm
LOL

A good meal can lead to good sex, I wouldn't include Applebee's in that equation.

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by msubulldog msubulldog wrote:

The wife is probably thinking about coitus with her husband once they finish their Applebees To Go and the kids have gone to bed.
Are you kidding? LOL With all that running around, Sue is bound to be dead tired and will be asleep as soon as her head hits the pillow.  She has lots of activities planned for tomorrow and has her eye on that cute fireman who she gives happy face cookies to.  If a wife won't cook for you in the kitchen, why should she cook for you in the bedroom?  LOL
133 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 6:26am
Originally posted by TV_Casualty TV_Casualty wrote:

I first heard the song from watching this movie when I was younger. Although not sure what it has to do with baseball, either. LOL

Nice!
Brandon

my weight only stirs the ground
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic