Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The latest Volvo commercial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The latest Volvo commercial
    Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 2:14pm
This latest entry from Volvo gets on my nerves. I can't find the video, but it features a reverbed voice (John Houseman?). Why the reverb? What is the relevance to the car?
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 2:23pm
Dee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 12:48am
I really hate this commercial because the voice sounds creepy and sort of alien. The message is ok but what does it have to do with selling Volvos?Sort of pretentious, like people who drive Volvos are independent and gutsy and all the rest are just a bunch of sheep!😡Ugh!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 7:09pm
I know many of us have seen Volvos.
Many have known people who have owned Volvos.
Some of us may have owned a Volvo.
Once upon a time some may have accidentally considered getting a Volvo - maybe even renting one.
Does anyone actually know anybody that owns a Volvo?
Is there a Volvo in your neighborhood?
I've seen a street named 'Volvo Parkway' that has a Volvo office building with no Volvos.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 10:19pm
Where are the wedding/ funeral bunch?

I miss them.

My condolences.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

I miss them.

My condolences.
ConfusedMaybe in the waiting room at the Volvo repair shop?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 12:17am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

I miss them.

My condolences.
ConfusedMaybe in the waiting room at the Volvo repair shop?
Or in the breakdown lane waiting for a tow truck. I have a couple friends who owned Volvos but they were preventive maintenance freaks. One of them who owned 3 Volvos and 6 British sports cars taught me how to own 4 British sports cars with no problems. The other used his old 740 (square) Volvo station wagon for his business until he retired 2 years ago. He sold it and someone got a cheap car with no problems. The Buick dealership I worked for in the mid 1970s also sold SAABs and Opels. The Opels were OK but the SAABs were known as S.O.Bs in the service department. The Swedes make excellent aircraft. The SAAB J-35 Draken (dragon) fighter from the 1970s was the only jet capable of accelerating straight up! ( I have since seen F-15s do that which is very impressive). It is no longer in service but still listed as a viable threat. 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic