Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liberty Mutual

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushofpike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liberty Mutual
    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 4:00am
This commercial by The Statute of Liberty at NYC w Phoeby Buckley charcter makes me want to absolutely PUKE.   
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 6:37pm
I hate Liberty Mutual so much...  This guys voice!  The whole commercial! 

Could there be a bigger bunch of assholes making commercials out there today?

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 7:36pm
Liberty Liberty Liberty my a$$. Over and over I've seen them. Phoebe the news anchor. The man on the bike. The guy in the witness protection program who ends up running into the green screen set known as the 'New York harbor.' I hate 'em all and the jingle makes it even worse. If only there was a massive boycott of their services.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
ThisIsaUsername View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThisIsaUsername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 2:51am
WOULD YOU, WOULD YOU SHUUUUT UUUUP, SHUUUUT UUUUP?!
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 4:58pm
Does that location even exist? I know Liberty State Park (NJ) is about that close, but the statue faces away from there toward the harbor. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 5:32pm
^ Others have asked that question.  There IS NO view of the harbor like they show.  It's a green screen.

Hopefully, Jimbo can show you the screenshot so I don't have to waste a lot of time finding it.
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

^ Others have asked that question.  There IS NO view of the harbor like they show.  It's a green screen.

Hopefully, Jimbo can show you the screenshot so I don't have to waste a lot of time finding it.

Found the discussion here:

http://www.commercialsihate.com/liberty-mutual-quick-and-easy-video_topic24111.html
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 5:47pm
Hah! Me too!  I'm an old idiot but I like to learn new things with this internet thingy.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 10:39pm

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

About Liberty Mutual Accident Forgiveness TV Commercial, 'Grudges'

While standing in front of the Statue of Liberty with his wife, a man describes a situation you might find yourself in. Imagine you're headed down a highway when the guy in front of you slams on his breaks and you can't stop in time. The man says, "No big deal," because you have Liberty Insurance Accident Forgiveness. If you have a good record, he guarantees the insurance company won't hold a grudge over one mistake. He just wishes his wife Karen wouldn't either.

The lying starts at the very first sentence.

They aren't anywhere near the Statue of Liberty.

They are in a film production studio standing on a set made to look like a walkway along the waterfront somewhere in NYC, with the statue behind them.

But really it is a neutral green screen upon which a video image of the statue will be added on to.

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 6:41pm
How many times did I have to mute the anonymous man and the guy on the bike yesterday. MY GOD...just stop it! The more these horrible ads keep airing, the more skeptical people will be that you'll save them $$$ on car insurance. AngryAngryAngryAngry
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 8:12am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

How many times did I have to mute the anonymous man and the guy on the bike yesterday. MY GOD...just stop it! The more these horrible ads keep airing, the more skeptical people will be that you'll save them $$$ on car insurance. AngryAngryAngryAngry

Give me Liberty Liberty Liberty any day over Gay raddy rap sh*t, The yo yo yo commercial is on twice each commercial break. Yep, the Liberty adds suck but, nothing near Go Daddy's atest hoodlum mush mush rap crap!.

I approve this message.
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

If you mean the guy that says he customizes everything "like his bike and his calves" I share your anger. It's such a lame visual joke the person that came up with it should be tarred and feathered. I'm not even joking about it. I mean they should really be tarred and feathered, publicly. 

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 2:17pm
Add me to the list of haters! "Back to you logo"
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

Add me to the list of haters! "Back to you logo"
That line makes me cringe...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 2:40pm
Funny thing - I'd "seen" the ad with the bike guy maybe 20 times, usually without watching, and had never looked down at his legs. The ad didn't make much sense. Even in this thread, I hadn't noticed in the thumbnail.   
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 3:45pm
His shins look as if each has a butt.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 3:42am
LM discovered 'HUMOR'.... OH NO
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 3:54am
Does ANYBODY like this Liberty Liberty Liberty my a$$ nonsense? Anybody? Even puberty-filled 6th graders?
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 7:43pm
"Witness", dude on a bike, Phoebe the stupid news anchor, I still hate 'em all! Angry
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 8:02pm
I just saw the one last night where the unidentified customer gets ID'ed and jumps into the Hudson.  It actually makes no sense.  How would anyone know what policy or coverage he has just by saying he has Liberty Mutual insurance?  Why does it have to be a big secret?
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Pushofpike Pushofpike wrote:

This commercial by The Statute of Liberty at NYC w Phoeby Buckley charcter makes me want to absolutely PUKE.   
Phoebe drops her shoulder bag then walks off and leaves it! Why doesn't she toss it in the water with the other idiot's wallet? 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by Pushofpike Pushofpike wrote:

Phoebe drops her shoulder bag then walks off and leaves it! Why doesn't she toss it in the water with the other idiot's wallet? 
LOL

Phoebe looks like a classic case for Law & Order SBU.

If you have Liberty Mutual... It

Sucks to
Be
You

44nDYst5Jh5MFX4DUyD2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 44nDYst5Jh5MFX4DUyD2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 6:46pm
Not sure what LM is going for here. Clearly the cheapest commercials to produce. Looks like the entire things are done by not so talented high school students.

Wonder how much they waste paying to have these play perpetually? Stop this nonsense and lower the premiums guys.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 10:07pm
They need to simply go away.

I started seeing a NEW LM ad last night, then another new one today has been airing multiple times.
Some 70's themed ad, goofball with his partner....an emu.
Umm...ok. 😐

*And no they didn't change the lamea** jingle.

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 8:58pm
My hate for Liberty Mutual is continuing to boil! Last night they were a 'sponsor' of Animal Planet programs. 'This program is brought to you by Liberty Mutual insurance...blah blah blah' and then BEFORE the Liberty Mutual commercial, what did I hear? Oh yeah, that fking Liberty x4 jingle! My a$$! 

Of course, then I saw a Liberty Mutual commercial after the 'sponsored by' bumper, and I had it muted every time. All three commercials - the witness, bike guy, and Phoebe. Sometimes even Limu Emu showed up. These people are the worst and I'd love to see a major boycott of their company.

LIBERTY LIBERTY LIBERTY MY A$$. AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
msubulldog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msubulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 9:36pm
And who wears yellow dress shirts nowadays?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic