Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shriner's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shriner's
    Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 11:19pm

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 1:33am
add

join (something) to something else so as to increase the size, number, or amount.

Oh Oh Oh... You must not have seen the OTHER Shriner's thread?
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 1:46am

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 5:37am
Big smile One of my favorite 'haunts' (and it really is) donated an adorable blanket to me upon request - I dearly love it! The place is a 5-star resort which used to be the New York State Asylum. I've had a few very nice stays there - felt more like 'Home' than home (The Den isn't too far away, but I'll stay here first) - I think I've ALWAYS been there! And I really DO dearly love my asylum blankie!

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 6:04pm
^ LOL  What movie is that, PaW?

Northern Asylum for the Insane: Asylum Point and Lighthouse

Asylum Point Park

On the central western shore of Lake Winnebago, just a few miles north of Oshkosh, a promontory extends into the water. On this point in 1871, construction began on the Northern Asylum for the Insane. The name of the institute was later changed to Winnebago Mental Health Institute, reflecting perhaps an increasingly sensitive public, but the hospital’s original name has been forever connected with the surrounding geography. The promontory is still known as Asylum Point, and the surrounding water is called Asylum Bay.

The word Asylum means a place of refuge or sanctuary, and the institute “has throughout its history, provided many troubled individuals with a sanctuary, a refuge, and a safe place to prepare for re-entry into a turbulent world.” The same statement of purpose might just as well be applied to the nearby Asylum Point Park, as many people come to the park to take refuge from a turbulent world and spend a carefree afternoon fishing in the tranquil waters or simply relaxing on the man-made island next to the Asylum Point Lighthouse.

(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 10:26pm

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 2:57am
Originally posted by (0)(0) (0)(0) wrote:

It's just in that ad...………….

A child using that word "Adorable" seems...……………out of place……………………...Too written...…….and for an adult to say...………..
It's a commercial. Of course it is scripted. No excuse to criticize the handicapped kids.Confused
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 3:14am

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 3:36am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

^ LOL  What movie is that, PaW?...

1.) Check out Room 237!
2.) "...redrum! REDRUM!!!"

"The Shining"
(the book is a LOT different, but I like Kubrick's interpretation (Stephen King didn't))
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 4:56am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Big smile One of my favorite 'haunts' (and it really is) donated an adorable blanket to me upon request - I dearly love it! The place is a 5-star resort which used to be the New York State Asylum. I've had a few very nice stays there - felt more like 'Home' than home (The Den isn't too far away, but I'll stay here first) - I think I've ALWAYS been there! And I really DO dearly love my asylum blankie!

I was born in the City Hospital a few blocks from the State Hospital which is the actual "Cuckoo's Nest". I never thought about it very much until 1970. At 18 years old I was hired as a psychiatric aide temporary state employee at Fairview Hospital and Training Center. It was an institution for the mentally retarded. I worked "graveyard shift" 11PM to 7AM. One day I received a phone call requesting me to fill in at the State Hospital. I had read the Ken Kesey novel but the film was 5 years in the future. Most times I worked alone at Fairview but state hospital policy required a minimum of 2 psych aides I was paired with a well experienced employee so basically my  only function was meeting the requirement. The sky was overcast but it must have been a full moon.
The patients howled all night.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 6:05am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

[I was born in the City Hospital a few blocks from the State Hospital which is the actual "Cuckoo's Nest". I never thought about it very much until 1970. At 18 years old I was hired as a psychiatric aide temporary state employee at Fairview Hospital and Training Center. It was an institution for the mentally retarded. I worked "graveyard shift" 11PM to 7AM. One day I received a phone call requesting me to fill in at the State Hospital. I had read the Ken Kesey novel but the film was 5 years in the future. Most times I worked alone at Fairview but state hospital policy required a minimum of 2 psych aides I was paired with a well experienced employee so basically my  only function was meeting the requirement. The sky was overcast but it must have been a full moon.

Big smile Thanks Sarge - I can relate - I've long had a habit of howling at the moon!LOLWink

Actually, it sounds as if you could be related to me.
Other than myself, everyone on my side of the family and a few on The Missus'-side have Psych degrees and a number have practiced. I've heard a Psych career generally lasts about seven (7) years as many of those that stay longer begin to absorb the problems of their patients. My brother (he is lawyer/psych) started out by trailing/stalking those recently-released into the general public (something most folk do not know happens and most agencies will not admit to taking part in - sort of a specialized parole officer), then again, he worked with the criminally insane, also, but went into law after having to deal with a huge, brutal feces eater/urine guzzler, who painted his room in feces, from floor to ceiling, including the ceiling - an awful lot like 'Critical Bill', here...
Sometimes Psych & Law don't mix well, especially when a family psych comes over to our place with a terrible story and possibly injured, just to blow off steam...to myself and my gun-wielding other half who usually would want to toss both of us in the car so she could go take in the perp, even if it meant in a body bag (she never was scared of the trigger, never second-guessed herself)...sometimes she made us feel like we were children and she would settle the score, my brother would get scolded, and I'd get drunk AND scolded...LOLWink

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

[I was born in the City Hospital a few blocks from the State Hospital which is the actual "Cuckoo's Nest". I never thought about it very much until 1970. At 18 years old I was hired as a psychiatric aide temporary state employee at Fairview Hospital and Training Center. It was an institution for the mentally retarded. I worked "graveyard shift" 11PM to 7AM. One day I received a phone call requesting me to fill in at the State Hospital. I had read the Ken Kesey novel but the film was 5 years in the future. Most times I worked alone at Fairview but state hospital policy required a minimum of 2 psych aides I was paired with a well experienced employee so basically my  only function was meeting the requirement. The sky was overcast but it must have been a full moon.

Big smile Thanks Sarge - I can relate - I've long had a habit of howling at the moon!LOLWink

Actually, it sounds as if you could be related to me.
Other than myself, everyone on my side of the family and a few on The Missus'-side have Psych degrees and a number have practiced. I've heard a Psych career generally lasts about seven (7) years as many of those that stay longer begin to absorb the problems of their patients. My brother (he is lawyer/psych) started out by trailing/stalking those recently-released into the general public (something most folk do not know happens and most agencies will not admit to taking part in - sort of a specialized parole officer), then again, he worked with the criminally insane, also, but went into law after having to deal with a huge, brutal feces eater/urine guzzler, who painted his room in feces, from floor to ceiling, including the ceiling - an awful lot like 'Critical Bill', here...

Sometimes Psych & Law don't mix well, especially when a family psych comes over to our place with a terrible story and possibly injured, just to blow off steam...to myself and my gun-wielding other half who usually would want to toss both of us in the car so she could go take in the perp, even if it meant in a body bag (she never was scared of the trigger, never second-guessed herself)...sometimes she made us feel like we were children and she would settle the score, my brother would get scolded, and I'd get drunk AND scolded...LOLWink

Pa, The ink was barely dry on my high school diploma. Psychiatric Aide 1 was my job title for a 90 day temporary vacation relief position. I was frequently responsible for up to 40 patients! I was very confused how I got the job. I visited my HR supervisor during day shift hours and asked. He checked my file and said I interviewed extremely well, exhibiting work ethics, maturity, and responsibility far beyond my age. I thought I was a fairly normal teenager. He even suggested I consider pursuing a Psychiatric Nursing degree and make it a career! After meeting long term employees with many being obviously well beyond their 7 year expiration date I am glad I didn't.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 8:19pm
My college degree was in Psych.  In fact, I worked as an "adjunctive therapist" for several years at a really good hospital in NJ.  They wanted to send me for further education, including my PhD. Then I moved to CA, and thought I'd get a similar sort of job in an equally supportive hospital.  Didn't happen.  All the psych facilities there were closing.

Oh well.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 4:46pm

Pa, The ink was barely dry on my high school diploma. Psychiatric Aide 1 was my job title for a 90 day temporary vacation relief position. I was frequently responsible for up to 40 patients! I was very confused how I got the job. I visited my HR supervisor during day shift hours and asked. He checked my file and said I interviewed extremely well, exhibiting work ethics, maturity, and responsibility far beyond my age. I thought I was a fairly normal teenager. He even suggested I consider pursuing a Psychiatric Nursing degree and make it a career! After meeting long term employees with many being obviously well beyond their 7 year expiration date I am glad I didn't.
WinkThey get REALLY weird and make you wonder who they really are, don't they? Are they about the 'caring' or have they reached the point of 'needing to be there' as they have become bits and pieces of  those they care for?
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

My college degree was in Psych.  In fact, I worked as an "adjunctive therapist" for several years at a really good hospital in NJ.  They wanted to send me for further education, including my PhD. Then I moved to CA, and thought I'd get a similar sort of job in an equally supportive hospital.  Didn't happen.  All the psych facilities there were closing.

Oh well.

Confusedyeaaa....I recall those days when they threw us out on the streets, only to be sent to jail if we 'twitched the wrong way' when looking at another person...I so miss my little room I had ALL TO MYSELF! (the place immediately made you recall 'The Shining')Cry

redecorated hallway couldn't fool me! I KNEW where MY room was and I ALWAYS get my room when I go 'Home'...

...this was MY door, but the last time I stayed there, they had 're-decorated' it too, doncha know...
"Welcome Home Paw! Welcome Home..."
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 7:46am
It's been bugging me a while, but I finally figured it out. 
From the voice and his appearance, Eric is a Munchkin!
And his sidekick Caleb, is the voice of every annoying character on children's TV today.
Awen't dey juss add-oh-a-bull?

Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

And his sidekick Caleb, is the voice of every annoying character on children's TV today.

LOL  OK, you are going to hell!

Who started this damned thread anyway?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

LOL  OK, you are going to hell!

Wink My first thought also.
Just remember, Cap'n! When 'da BabyJeezus takes you fishing, you're certain to be on the hook for this one.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 9:31pm
i gotta admit this ad gives me the Heebie Jeebies & makes me SO thankful to be relatively normal in appearance and not lacking in limbs

signed an awful person
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic