Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Goal for 2019:Buffoon Elimination

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Goal for 2019:Buffoon Elimination
    Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 2:00am
Heard randomly after the State Farm Aaron Rodger/Agent Buffoon ad from my son:
'Why does all advertising center around obnoxious idiots?'
Beggaring the question-WHO decided in Adtardville that Pungent Near Retard idiots and overmade up A-wipes should be the ANSWER to all creative solutions?
 As a people I say RISE UP against tHe PATS, MUDDLE DUCKS. PAULS+ROBOTS+SPRINTERNs=
Shake off your SHACKLES< VIEWERS!!
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 2:03am
We'd have to start by removing Trump as 'King of Clowns'.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 2:18am
Your son is very smart, tiki. He'll be wearing out the mute button soon!
I'd love for 2019 to be the year we get rid of Flo, Jamie and the Box, the Liberty Mutual goons, Potsch Boyd, everything Geico-related except the Gecko, and that Pull-Ups rap that still airs here and there. Unfortunately that's what the audience likes - and I mean millennials and 8th graders. Puberty-filled middle schoolers will laugh at anything -- including those hyper-fast massaging chairs that Geico is advertising now.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 3:12am
I sure would be glad if the Adclams would review our 'Inspiring' commercials that we actually loved and worked for their sponsors.
Here's one example for 'Canal TV' in France:
or for incredible DirecTV ads:
Not to garbage up this thread, so a lot more of the same are here: http://www.commercialsihate.com/commercials-that-stand-alone-inspiring-video_topic3378_page1.html

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DesertX View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DesertX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 3:56am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

I'd love for 2019 to be the year we get rid of Flo, Jamie and the Box, the Liberty Mutual goons, Potsch Boyd, everything Geico-related except the Gecko, and that Pull-Ups rap that still airs here and there. Unfortunately that's what the audience likes - and I mean millennials and 8th graders. Puberty-filled middle schoolers will laugh at anything -- including those hyper-fast massaging chairs that Geico is advertising now.

I know I'm in the minority, but let's get rid of "Mayhem" and all the Geico-bashing Allstate/Esurance commercials. Sure you're not a so-called "cut-rate insurance" company, but you guys still have a bad reputation in the industry. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 4:41am
...or at least make the jokes make an important point...
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 5:42am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

That was uncalled for. Keep such comments in the political forum.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 6:21am
Originally posted by commercialssuck commercialssuck wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

That was uncalled for. Keep such comments in the political forum.
No it wasn't. If things need to change, you start with lower life forms and the ignorant - just as he did to get into office, which is also the way consumers get sold. If you don't like what I have to say and your feelings are hurt and believe I have violated a policy, use the 'Report Post' button and let FA address your concerns, or start a fight in the FLAME ROOM, or turn the other cheek...other than that? You certainly don't need to lecture me - you won't get anywhere. Again, check the title of the thread you are in and ask yourself a question or two - and be honest with yourself.

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 2:57pm
well it DOES kind of leak into real life buffoons and the need for removal
or at least a lower profile

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Not bad. But, I could tolerate some more Flo if, she'd show off what God gave her. A former model and comic I bet she has nice legs and cleavage. They might as well sex her up since I believe she is embraced by many in the Lesbian community. Not, that there's anything wrong with that. Toyota Jan is vapid but, I dig those long legs when she wears a mini. Either Flo or Toyota Jan would be good in an episode of Criminal Minds or one of the other CBS procedurals. Maybe even on Bull. Flo on trial for turning tricks then offing her Johns. Toyota Jan as a leggy psycho road rage driver that decapitates bad drivers. I like Mayhem the dude is cool and has this role nailed down and that 50's Noir music is one of the few musical numbers I actually like on commercials.

What needs to go this year? Geico Add with snoring codger, all rap crap especially "Yo (Go Daddy), Kids acting obnoxious, hipster centric adds featuring breathy vocal fry croaker singers, Broadway Show Tunes, the guy as a retard boob, sorry to be anti PC but plumpers dancing. I know most of us are bordering hippo status but, TV is an escape mechanism, bring on the skinny and buff hotties. Also though I'd do her, Kelly Ripa with that Rootie Bertutti Paramecium, abondanza Ancester.com commercials, Rotten to the core Apple Adds that feature rancid music. IMHO.
I approve this message.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 2:34pm
TV is an escape mechanism,EXACTLY
as is most entertainment vehicles--please leave Krissy Metz at the all u can eat buffet where she can act mediocrely there
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 3:43pm
I have yet to find it online but....I am now convinced that, due to the new Camry ad,
Toyota Pat would actually have SEX with a car.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 10:19pm
There are 3 constants in this world: death, taxes, and buffoonery in commercials. Ouch
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 2:59pm
Apparently Toyota Pat is so inept he has lost his NON-PAYING intern job at the lot and is back to being an annoying obsessive miscreant
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:08am
literally EVERY commercial features an odious buffoon now--or its ARTSY which generally equals pointless
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 5:21pm
If I never see this douchebag Thomas Middledick again, it will be too soon!  Angry

Verizon TV Spot, Want Featuring Thomas Middleditch - Screenshot 5

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 5:20am
It seems that Teabag Muddleween has been reupped contractually as his rodentian charisma certainly FLOWs thru those heavily buffoon laden ads..just as Pat, Jan and a strangely ascendant JAMIE also can pay the rent another year...to which i say FOOEY
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic