Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allstate - Mayhem 'What?!'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 12:34am
... What? ... Tongue
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 3:11am
Don't HATE.
This is really a great commercial - why feel so ugly towards it? Does anyone here believe they live in a nice suburban neighborhood where this is just so far from reality that it is ridiculous? Well, it isn't. Maybe many of us have never been close to a stolen car situation (either side of the fence) before? I find it emotionally very realistic, from both perspectives - and 'ugly' hurts, but *I* like to think this is 'funny ugly' and the probability of this very situation exists. Heck, we have camera capabilities on almost anything and Applications on our Personal Devices where we can follow events in real time.
This type of crime is one of the most prevalent around my current location...well, that is, outside of The Estate in the Swamp (and the surrounding neighborhood), where the kind locals take care of each other and where nobody knows anything about 'missing criminals', when asked. 
~~~~~~~~
Mayhem feeds on realistic situations - I always keep that in mind. Humor in the ugly-side of reality. 
As one who has very often driven great distances monthly, for many years...this one really touched 'home'.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic