Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is It A Sin To Hate These Commercials?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is It A Sin To Hate These Commercials?
    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 3:45pm

I feel bad for these children who must suffer from the pains that are in these commercials, but...do they have to shove these commercials down our throats?
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 6:08pm
MrC? Don't hate.
It isn't you and it isn't Shriners Hospitals.
It's the effect of all the others on top of valid, close-to-home requests such as these where the beneficiaries are the innocent young within our arm's length to assist - where anyone can make a difference with anything.
This gets diluted when others see their causes as worthy of tear-jerking commercials and the broadcast channels take their money with indifference, when in fact, it would seem some sort of review process should be in place for what is reasonable and what isn't, such as the clubbing of baby seals in Canada. 
Those hurt to watch and they take your money...but there really isn't much they can do short of starting a war, where as Shriners makes positive change in many lives and there is a lot anyone can do with however much they can spare.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 6:22pm
Is it a sin to hate Mike Strahan?

Is it a sin that I want to do Marlow Thomas?

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Is it a sin to hate Mike Strahan?

Is it a sin that I want to do Marlow Thomas?

LOL
Given Ms Thomas is 81, I'd say you're a wretched sinner for even thinking about taking advantage of the elderly.
And how does Michael Strahan figure in to this again, Sir?LOLWink
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 8:31pm
Pa,Michael Strahan is a spokesperson for st. Judes.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 8:48pm
And funny shriners was mentioned. This morning beloved and I were fixing coffees when that commercial came on. Beloved wasn't watching and thought the little boy was some old man talking! So I turned my back and sorry to say but he does sound like an elderly man.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

WinkThis I know, Maddy - even the shirt he is wearing should provide a hint...he's one very good gentleman.
I was messing with aka..look up a couple of posts and you might see a more honest thought from me.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 9:20pm

And funny shriners was mentioned. This morning beloved and I were fixing coffees when that commercial came on. Beloved wasn't watching and thought the little boy was some old man talking! So I turned my back and sorry to say but he does sound like an elderly man.

yeah that one threw me as well--the kid thats older now has become a good spokesperson, but the girl with shoulder hand-pretty face and all--made me reach for my wallet becuz NO amt. of money can fix that.

Hate em? A little..but thats not due to subject matter, its due to repetition and really cliched TIMING--not DURING Christmas but right after these ALL show up
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 9:28pm
I think they air all this sh*t for people who want a tax write off. And to make you reach for the bottle more during the festive holidays.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 9:35pm
^^^Confusedyikes.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

^^^Confusedyikes.

LOL that about sums it up, Pa. The

commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 6:14am

WinkThis I know, Maddy - even the shirt he is wearing should provide a hint...he's one very good gentleman.
I was messing with aka..look up a couple of posts and you might see a more honest thought from me.

Uhhhh, you might want to look again. That's NOT a shirt. That is the st jude logo on the screen.
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 6:20am
I simply won't give to any of these so called charities because, one, I hate having my emotions manipulated into giving money. And two, most of these mega "charities" actually give so little to the cause. The ceo's and the higher ups make triple digit salaries, and millions go to making and airing the commercials.

If I give to any charity, it will be a local one where I know they do the most with the money.

And Marlo Thomas? God, I want to smack her smug arrogant face!!!! How many plastic surgeries you think she's had? And botox. At 81, I wonder what she would look like au natural. Probably not all that sexy!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 3:05pm
she has Michael/LaToya/Janet Jackson NOSE--shaved down pretty close to the bone
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 3:13pm
Also FINALLY--maybe some will DARE to air their feelings about this like-minded topic

MS Yule Drool-am i a BAD PERSON?

search it--i am curious as to why zero responses entailed
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by commercialssuck commercialssuck wrote:

Uhhhh, you might want to look again. That's NOT a shirt. That is the st jude logo on the screen.
I stand corrected.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 4:33pm
There are WAY too many of these ads playing on TV!

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 2:23am
Not a sin. But there is an odd sense of sight guilt hating the f out of these commercials, for me at least.

I feel this kid had more energy in the older ads - when he was younger. I think he lost a little pep in his step in these new ads. No pun intended...really, no pun.

(Ok, I'm going to hell for that)

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 2:46pm
wow--funny if REALLY un-PC..i like him better now that hes a Lil Mister--he seems more committed to his cause--still a disturbing commercial YES i am a bad person
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

wow--funny if REALLY un-PC..i like him better now that hes a Lil Mister--he seems more committed to his cause--still a disturbing commercial YES i am a bad person
I noticed his voice is changing.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Clint View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Clint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 11:06pm
Agree with the first part but in al fairness, St. Jude's gets a pretty high score as far as how it spends donations and its transparency.

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=12847
Get off my lawn!
Clint View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 11:07pm
Sorry - that was in reply to tikibagger.
Get off my lawn!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Clint Clint wrote:

Agree with the first part but in al fairness, St. Jude's gets a pretty high score as far as how it spends donations and its transparency.

I agree,Clint. St. Judes is 100 percent on the up and up regarding donations.

You all know this was started by marlos dad, Danny, right? He claimed if he ever made it big in Hollywood he would find a way to give back. Hence. St. Judes. Let's give the man a standing o

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 12:07am

Originally posted by Clint Clint wrote:

I agree,Clint. St. Judes is 100 percent on the up and up regarding donations.

You all know this was started by marlos dad, Danny, right? He claimed if he ever made it big in Hollywood he would find a way to give back. Hence. St. Judes. Let's give the man a standing o
Absolutely!  And Marlo too, for her continuing in her Dad's footsteps and dedication to St. Judes.  Proves "That Girl" was not some fluffy bimbo.  Big smile

God Bless all those babies, little children and the bigger kids.

Definitely a worthy charity to be donating to.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 2:52pm
Only thing with Marlo is that nose job--Danny kept that honker of his full career--and yeah, i know its different for GURLS but her current model is no bueno...at her age no sense in messing with it tho
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic