Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aichent Aliens

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aichent Aliens
    Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 4:27am
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 6:03am
Aichent?

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 6:19am
Actually, you can get in trouble in many states just for digging up anything more than 50 years old.  The laws are on the books, pushed by the archies, who don't want any competition from the lower classes.  And to answer your question;  Yes, if you have a college degree in archeaology, you can "rob ancient graves" in pursuit of knowledge all you want.  Anything recent, might want to call the cops...   Wink
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 7:03am
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 12:07am
Originally posted by (0)(0) (0)(0) wrote:

When do the "scientists" of this show get to "study" human skulls and not be classified as "GRAVE ROBBERS?" If the burial site is 100 years old, is it still a "GRAVE? 200 years? 1,000?

If a farmer in say Kansas is plowing up a new field and he unearths a human from the pioneer days, shouldn't he call a mortician? Or just keep plowing?

Mt T makes a very valid point...and if you wish to see 'stiff penalties for 'disturbing remains', you only need to look to Canada, but it only gets worse there as if you found bones on your own property, you often are held responsible for all costs, which may very well include related archaeological costs and so forth. Saw it happen a few years back in Toronto when a nearby neighbor (at the time) was simply doing yard maintenance and ran into a skeleton, which turned out to be an ancient indigenous resident. That turned out to be a VERY expensive and long-running.  Seems the laws change in every country and one must be VERY careful - especially in places such as the old Soviet Baltic region where a lot of ancient studies are currently in limbo because of those and like-laws. Following these studies and ancient histories have LONG been one of my favorite hobbies...and the more we find, the more fascinating it gets.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 12:16am
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 12:57am

Note to self...………… "DON'T DIG!" (unless you can call it "research")
...and you better have a license certified by local & federal municipalities no matter where you are on this big ol'goofy earth. 
In my books, 'grave robbing' is one of the nastiest of crimes and should be punishable by death on the spot when caught. When done in the name of learning through careful and thoughtful & respectful  archaeological practice, then all is forgiven as it has been done for the betterment of mankind.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 6:15am
A lot of these laws are actually aimed at the metal detecting community.  Yes indeedy, that 1960's pull tab you dug up at the old dog park seriously disturbs the archealogical significance of said park, robbing future generations of important historical artifacts.  (Seriously, that's what they believe/say.)
Tyranny advances by baby steps...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 6:42am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

A lot of these laws are actually aimed at the metal detecting community.  Yes indeedy, that 1960's pull tab you dug up at the old dog park seriously disturbs the archealogical significance of said park, robbing future generations of important historical artifacts.  (Seriously, that's what they believe/say.)
Tyranny advances by baby steps...

Wink Did I mention I was speaking in regard to human remains and also, many of these laws across this big ol'goofy earth have little-to-NOTHING to do with the metal detecting grave-robbing community, but rather social and religious beliefs of the locals, which often allow for assorted subsurface scanning solution - but generally that's it no matter how important the findings. Other places, such as the suspected mountain top resting place of Genghis Khan is TOTALLY off-limits with a Mongolian tribal hit-squad who have a license to kill (and they readily WILL) whomever they do not trust who crosses into the 'off-limits' mountainous region (especially one particular mountain top which clearly has a large, man-made earthen dome on top of it.

“It is a sacred mountain,” acknowledged Dr Sodnom Tsolmon, professor of history at Ulaanbaatar State University with an expertise in 13th-Century Mongolian history. “It doesn’t mean he’s buried there.”

Now that the area is COMPLETELY out of reach, one can only hypothesize just who is really under that mound, but Mongolia seemed to completely lock the doors on this location after Josh Gates went there and probably told a lot more about the location than Mongolia ever wished he would, especially since he couldn't get to the mountain top, he DID get a helicopter and proceeded to to use a LiDAR unit across the suspect location from the helicopter.

Legend has it that Genghis Khan was buried in the Khentii Mountains (Credit: Credit: Peter Langer/Design Pics Inc/Alamy)

(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 5:17pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 5:31pm
Oh, they DO show a TON of respect - I suggest learning more by using this big ol'goofy Internet which should clear the air and help one understand the science of archaeology is a slow, methodical practice. 
How do you think the meaning of some practices have never changed with others have evolved, such as this, which has become a multi-purpose practice (new use: intended for the woman who just won't STFU)
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 6:45am
Uhhh,  Did you mean ANCIENT? I actually googled aichent to see if it was a word and if I was missing something. Confused
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 7:30am
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 4:46pm

Originally posted by commercialssuck commercialssuck wrote:

Uhhh,  Did you mean ANCIENT? I actually googled aichent to see if it was a word and if I was missing something. Confused

It was meant as a (poor) joke...……

At the time my sig line was ………………..

"MAKE NO MISSTAKES" 

No it wasn't. Just admit you're an idiot and be done with it...or CORRECT your silly mistake and admit you're an idiot and be done with it.
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 10:33pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 11:33pm
They are probably at a much better rest in museums or other sanitary scientific settings, and anyway, how much 'rest' does one need? Think of it as 'sleeping in a bed of unused Charmin'.

Are you planning on editing your first post and showing us all how you too can fix the TOPIC TITLE?
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 11:38pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 12:29am
what?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 1:46am

OK.................. I'll try to address this issue so you can understand it.......

It's clear to me and the many people that read the forum. That you and others don't like me........

But saying that resembles standing at the 50 yard line of a full stadium on a sunny Sunday afternoon. Pointing way up into the cheap seats. Picking out a total stranger and saying that they don't like me either.

That is to say "I don't know them. They are total strangers. And I don't care one way or the other what they could possibly think."

So.................... Unless you have something to add to the current subject without trying to just be cutesy and try to impress others here.  Or post some odd picture that somehow relates. I will not waste time addressing your personal attacks on me.

Remember: This forum is "COMMERCIALS I HATE" not "People That Post on CIH that I dislike."

And to the people that look forward to your mindless dribble................. Stand-By............... I'm sure there will be more......
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 5:49am
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 5:51am
^^^It's just more of the same, aka - the intelligence level of some attention-starved posters takes away the enjoyment of even posting here. This place is tanking faster than the Armernia (lives/prospective parents of future CIH members lost estimated between 5,000 and 7,000 (primarily hospital patients in transit)).
HS Armenia.jpg
WinkFor the sake of the thread subject matter, it should be stated that the remains should be very well preserved where they are located (in the Black Sea). 
For today's archaeology 'pop quizz':
1.) WHY are things so well preserved in the Black Sea? (there is a very valid answer)
2.) How ancient were the aliens that caused this incident?
3.) Bonus Points! (response to be in essay format): Should this incident not have occurred, explain the possible impact on the Mueller investigation of Trump
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 3:30pm
Shocked
I...I...I FOUND some Aichent Aliens news!

Researchers finally solve mystery of 'alien' skeleton

The mummified specimen from Atacama region of Chile.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 3:44pm
(0)(0)  has made Marvin very angry, very angry indeed! Angry

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic