Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amazon Tear jerker Overkill

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amazon Tear jerker Overkill
    Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 3:05pm
I wish..that..This ad would ..STOP PLAYING
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/dvFj/amazon-echo-favorite-song-holiday-price-song-by-the-faces

I actually liked this song..but the repeating of this vague tissue soaker ( is the dad dead? Is she just pining for paternal tunes at college? is todays music just too crappy to use in these ads?wtf?) is killing it for me HEY use Stay With ME with some good ol' misanthropic rock star SEX instead, Amazon!!

[btw did not find this anywhere but Amazons home page so there ya go]
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 5:27pm
I was just talking about this 'Alexa' crap!  I saw this the other day and asked the wife who this was, Rod Stewart?

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/dvFj/amazon-echo-favorite-song-holiday-price-song-by-the-faces

Tiki, just remove the title text, replace 'ad' with 'share', add the tube tags.  Quote my post if you want to see how and what I did.

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 11:43pm
Hot leggy millennial daughter misses those nightly bedwarming fingerpopping time from daddy. But once she gets to college she will sweat and play soccer, be a swimmer, or runner and take a new boyfriend. A smelly hipster with pre-ejaculation, an MS 13 er who will
make her forget Daddy's ham hands. If hottie skinny college girl needs daddy bumped off then MS 13 will stuff him in a low rider and let it roll down the hill. Or she make take up with a blonde Amazon fashion model with high arched cheesey feet. "Alexa bring me and Linstrum a new Subaru or Prius and Melissa Etheridge tickets!" And Alexa while you are at it, you can terminate my ex MS 13 boyfriend Placento and my prior boyfriend Tanner the hipster who doesn't bathe.
I approve this message.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 12:17am
Ohh-La-La was a song by the band Faces, and it was written and the lead singing on the song was by Ronnie Lane.....Rod Stewart was singing back up. 
Anyone who has a daughter off at school can relate to this. My daughter told me it was similar to when she went off to school and she listened to some of the music she took that reminded her of home.
Good ad for this time of year.
One man gathers what another man spills
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 3:54am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

I actually liked this song..but the repeating of this vague tissue soaker ( is the dad dead? Is she just pining for paternal tunes at college? is todays music just too crappy to use in these ads?wtf?) is killing it for me HEY use Stay With ME with some good ol' misanthropic rock star SEX instead, Amazon!!

Stay With Me is a favorite Faces song with Rod Stewart vocals.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 5:04am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Back in the day, when Roddy was still with Faces, he was a damn good rock singer. Even on a good portion of his solo career he was a good rocker. When he turned into a pop/disco singer his career went downhill in my opinion.
Stay With Me was a damn good song! When it comes to cool songs by The Faces, my favourites are You're So Rude, and Cindy Incidentally! Bloody good songs! Ronnie Wood laid down some great guitar licks on those songs!
One man gathers what another man spills
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Back in the day, when Roddy was still with Faces, he was a damn good rock singer. Even on a good portion of his solo career he was a good rocker. When he turned into a pop/disco singer his career went downhill in my opinion.
Stay With Me was a damn good song! When it comes to cool songs by The Faces, my favourites are You're So Rude, and Cindy Incidentally! Bloody good songs! Ronnie Wood laid down some great guitar licks on those songs!

I love the Faces but Rods new one--ugh. Treacly and overproduced, he has tried after those 'songbook' classic fogey releases to attempt to reconnect with his old barn storming rocker self, but his song compass and abilities took a devious turn. At least he still sounds kinda good, unlike Elton and Paul McCartney, who tend to hit some pretty duff notes
On a similar note--STONES TOUR!
On a differing note, ...comments about..the ad? I think its too weepy and i defy most kids to like their parents tunes that much
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 6:13pm
How many of us have said this?  If I knew what I know now when I was 20 years old?

There would be many young women having orgasms!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 10:36pm
Before he was famous, Rod Stewart sang a song for some band called Python Lee Jackson.  He was paid in new car seats (or something like that).  I might've even heard that bit of trivia here.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Gasoline Alley, Every Picture and Cindy Incidentally are my faves. 

Stewart has said that his biggest hit---Do Ya Think I'm Sexy---was also his biggest mistake.  He kinda lost rock credibility with that one.

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:11pm
Perhaps the song choice was better than this first head scratching version. 🤔

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 5:36pm
^LOLLOL

I hope she has some coffee!  I think big brother is stopping by later...Tongue

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 1:08am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

^LOLLOL

I hope she has some coffee!  I think big brother is stopping by later...Tongue

LOL, that is hysterical! 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic