Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GMC - Xmas (One for You, One for Me)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GMC - Xmas (One for You, One for Me)
    Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 3:24pm
Such a played out trend in car ads during the Holidays.  Wife gets a him and her..FitBit watch thing I assume.

Husband comes back with a him and her GMC truck in the driveway

Wife demands the black truck. You spoiled little twit!
The husband just sucks it up, he has no b*alls. Confused

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 6:31pm
Yeah!  I wish I could afford a new truck!  My old 07 Silverado looks better than these new trucks.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 6:47pm
I saw this commercial for the first time this morning and it immediately put me in a bad mood. First, because the wife just annoyed me. Second - if my husband bought me a car without my knowledge or input, that would also annoy me.

The artist formerly known as Madawee

jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 7:30pm
Yep. Its time for those enraging ads with smug model attractive people and their perfect kids in what appears to be 5 million dollar homes buying each other expensive cars or trucks for Christmas and getting them in the driveway compete with the giant novelty bow somehow without the other noticing 

Thumbs Down

Meanwhile all the people struggling to pay the monthly bills in their one bedroom apartments want to smash their TV screens 
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

I saw this commercial for the first time this morning and it immediately put me in a bad mood. First, because the wife just annoyed me. Second - if my husband bought me a car without my knowledge or input, that would also annoy me.

Me too. I wish that truck would slip into neutral and she rolls out of the driveway across the street into a drainage ditch
LOL
pfmiller View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pfmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 1:26am

When you live in a ridiculously palatial home like the one in the ad, a surprise $12,000+ truck is no big deal. If she doesn't like it she'll just regift it to the pool boy.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 3:36pm
The $12,000+ is the total discount. Nowhere near the purchase price.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 12:03am
Originally posted by jnoble jnoble wrote:

Yep. Its time for those enraging ads with smug model attractive people and their perfect kids in what appears to be 5 million dollar homes buying each other expensive cars or trucks for Christmas and getting them in the driveway compete with the giant novelty bow somehow without the other noticing 

Thumbs Down

Meanwhile all the people struggling to pay the monthly bills in their one bedroom apartments want to smash their TV screens 

^ This. So much. THIS!

I'm one of those struggling people. I was forced to buy a 4x4 after the last winter destroyed my car, and will be making payments well into my 50's. Thank you, climate change. Angry
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 12:08am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I think my old 87 Chevy Silverado cost around $12.000 off the showroom floor.
There's a sucker born every minute.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Dejoh Dejoh wrote:

I bought my 07 new in September of 06, it was $32,000.

Look at the small print!  $57,710  You can buy a decent house and property for that much money.  CRAZY!

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Originally posted by Dejoh Dejoh wrote:

I bought my 07 new in September of 06, it was $32,000.

Look at the small print!  $57,710  You can buy a decent house and property for that much money.  CRAZY!

In New York, you would need that $57,000 as a down payment on a house. ANd not a McMansion, either, I'm afraid. I can't wait to permanetly move out of this leech state.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 2:01am
I hate GMC's taglines, "______ Like a Pro," because every one I've seen has a noun or adjective used as a verb. Combine this schtick with holiday-season schtick, and... aaargh!
LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Dr. Dan Dr. Dan wrote:

I hate GMC's taglines, "______ Like a Pro," because every one I've seen has a noun or adjective used as a verb. Combine this schtick with holiday-season schtick, and... aaargh!

It could be worse.  They could be saying "_______ Like a Boss".  I hated that phrase.  I'm glad that I don't hear it much anymore.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 3:54am
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

Originally posted by Dr. Dan Dr. Dan wrote:

It could be worse.  They could be saying "_______ Like a Boss".  I hated that phrase.  I'm glad that I don't hear it much anymore.

They did use the term "Like a boss, like a pro" in this GMC ad back in the Spring, Summer. I sadly remember this because I HATE that term also. I would always mumble at the TV "oh shut up!" Dead

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 2:38am

As usual we agree. The witch with a "B" is letting hubby know she is in charge. She bought them some unknown trinkets for Christmas. He bought her a $50,000+ SUV. Of course she knows the Pickup is for him and lets him know she loves it and it is Her's even though she may prefer the SUV. This POS Christmas commercial is still playing every commercial break on multiple channels January 1st 2019!Angry    
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 4:12pm
They were airing this for 2 freggin months, Black Friday, then just changed it to Christmas, end of year sale. Some ads were shorter, but they managed to squeak in the longer ones. It aired THIS morning and I mumbled "f- you! the Holidays are over!!"

Well, this silly Holiday Sales Event junk ends today - Jan. 2...so just one more day of this horrific ad. 

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 6:03pm
I really hate that commercial too. The man doesn't even get a vote in the 'I Love It' referendum? That's a $50K+ truck!
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 9:59pm
Hubby should have bought just one and showed it to his wife, telling her if she's good she can drive it too.  LOL
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 5:44am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Hubby should have bought just one and showed it to his wife, telling her if she's good she can drive it too.  LOL

My friends, the guy is so pussy whippednit ain't even funny. He thanks God every day he bagged this little minx hottie. He knows if he pisses off hottie wifey the only way he(d cum qould be with his fists of fury whipping his own skippy. Mewnwhile she probably does reverse cowgirl with the poolboy and gets those special rubdowns from her hottie spin class teacher, peraonal buff girl trainer. She can love her carpet (hottie fitness babe) Of hourse hottie buff trainer works out snippy wifey's tight puss. Yuppy hubby sold his soul but gets to eat at the Y on a regular basis.
I approve this message.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 9:15pm
LOL

How many people can afford to buy two new cars or SUVs at the same time?  Another push from the adtards to get your spouse a new car for Christmas, then get one for you as well!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 1:45am

LOL

How many people can afford to buy two new cars or SUVs at the same time?  Another push from the adtards to get your spouse a new car for Christmas, then get one for you as well!
He didn't get his.Wink
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 1:54am

LOL

The use of the word 'NO' was always very carefully controlled as we raised our kids and excelled within our professions, thus they have, also - so I know any of my kids could do it. I just hope they do not put '2+2' together as quickly as I can (thanks to our professions) and see all one has to do is own a car lot and become a drug kingpin. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 12:47am
I'd have been happier with the two fitness watches that she gives him.  The payments would be a lot more manageable.

Notice that the watches are the same color as the trucks?
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 4:23am

I'd have been happier with the two fitness watches that she gives him.  The payments would be a lot more manageable.

Thank you I could never figure out what she was giving him. I find myself wondering how much he paid for her pointy little nose?
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 5:13am

Thank you I could never figure out what she was giving him. I find myself wondering how much he paid for her pointy little nose?
I got watches like those for me and my wife last Christmas.  She wanted a couple of trucks instead but settled for the watches because her only choices were the watches or nothing at all. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic