Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Insomnia might've saved my life

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 6:24pm
3 nights of deep sleep and dramatic dreams...

The wife and I are riding motorcycles to Texas.
I have ex's in Texas.

I was in rehab, they took my phone, my truck and my keys.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

If I counted right it's been 2 weeks and 2 days since the operation.  How are you feeling?

Scratch my advice about driving, they are probably concerned about if you get in an accident.

My brother sent me an email.  I'll quote him directly.

I’m going to need another abdominal aortic  bypass. I’m going to put it off for as long as I can stand it. Walking far is a challenge. Not enough blood gets to my legs fast enough so I have to stop walking till cramps go away. So I’ve been trying to gain weight. I lost 35 pounds post surgery the last time. I’m not allowed to eat for almost a week afterwards. I don’t get hungry tho. They will have a tube in the stomach sucking acid out which normally makes me hungry. Nothing but ice chips. Brenda said I can recover at her place. That was so nice of her to offer.

Brenda is his 1st ex-wife.

Do you have good insurance? A procedure like that must cost 6 figures.  Are you going back to Walmart?

Wow  Good luck to your bro.  I'm not having any real problems since surgery.  I feel pretty good, though the breastbone and sutures still hurt a bit.

Just started driving a few days ago.  Took my car in for some maintenance, so I didn't get to drive too much.  Today, though, I used it as normal.  The freedom is nice.

I'm trying not to be looking forward too much to getting back to work.

I haven't been getting too many bills yet.  Maybe $5,000 worth so far.  I think the hospital stay alone was about $150,000.  My insurance will cover most of that and the other bills.  I also had taken out (through work) a separate "Critical Care" policy.  Cost $30/mo.  It's an insurance policy in case a critical illness or surgery happens.  The insurance company tells me that for my particular procedure, it'll be sending me a $20,000 check.  I'll believe it when I see it.  If it happens, it should cover a good portion of my share of costs.

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 10:07pm
I'm happy that you're recovering nicely, and also that this won't leave you in financial dire straits!  I'm sure you'll get that check eventually.  Good idea to have gotten that extra insurance.  Thumbs Up  I hope you'll be able to get restricted physical duties when you go back to Wally World.  Wink  You should take it as easy as you can!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 5:30pm
I've been looking for ways to help me build strength, stamina and overall burn more calories.  It's tough for me because I can only get a few hours of mobility out of my bad hip. Some sort of healing happens when I sleep. I do as much as I can before I sit here at my computer.

Today, I packed a weeks worth of a workout into a few hours. I'll be hurtin for certain.  One day I will get the X-rays or whatever I need- or not.  We sure could use a disability check from my SSI.  From what I've heard, it's really difficult to get approved.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 8:54pm
Confused Hey Thor! I been gone a minute - are you still alive? Have any new heart attacks driving in traffic yet? Wanna cigarette?WinkLOL
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Confused Hey Thor! I been gone a minute - are you still alive? Have any new heart attacks driving in traffic yet? Wanna cigarette?WinkLOL

Good to have you back, too, Pa.  LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I'm happy that you're recovering nicely, and also that this won't leave you in financial dire straits!  I'm sure you'll get that check eventually.  Good idea to have gotten that extra insurance.  Thumbs Up  I hope you'll be able to get restricted physical duties when you go back to Wally World.  Wink  You should take it as easy as you can!

Thanks. DRS!!  And, actually, the check came yesterday.  20 grand!!  Big smile

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Thanks. DRS!!  And, actually, the check came yesterday.  20 grand!!  Big smile

Woo hoo!  Clap  Cool
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Good to have you back, too, Pa.  LOL

WinkGlad to be back...where's your twin?! Has all this medical infirmary, surgery, biology, and healthy habit stuff changed you? I know the bills will - they get all enormous and whatnot just so you will have ANOTHER seizure and come back for another stay without even getting any Marriott Points! It's never-ending now, Buddy! Are you allowed to listen to the Ramones, anymore, or do you need something more like Donnie & Marie, or maybe this (which *I* thought was a 'Lost Dan Hicks Treasure') which comes from another one-good-song album?

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic