Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Signs of Site Death/Alzhemier's/'Dumbing-Down'?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Signs of Site Death/Alzhemier's/'Dumbing-Down'?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 5:38pm
Hey Paw, you are so disappointed with the site and the people who live here.  How about a tragic/feel good story?

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 12:26am
My God, what kind of sick-ass subhuman garbage would do something like that to a helpless animal???

I hope whoever did that ends up having the same thing done to them.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 2:41pm
 Yeaaaa.....not a pretty sight and not one I like looking at, but sometimes history inspires mentally-imbalanced idiots and many know of this 'Dinner with the Enemy' incident which really happened and was a strong part of the influence for 'Dracula'.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

My God, what kind of sick-ass subhuman garbage would do something like that to a helpless animal???

I hope whoever did that ends up having the same thing done to them.
I don't know for sure, the dog may have jumped into that area not knowing how dangerous it was. Even the Vets. were working outside, might be a third world country where there are many hazards for both the humans and the animals.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 4:09pm
Just glad the pup is happy and well now.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 9:08am
There was a story here a few months back about a pit bull that was left in a cage on the banks of a river to drown when the tide came in.  Luckily, some jogger spotted the dog and rescued him.

Sick, heartless f*ck.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 6:14pm
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 2:35am
Speaking of my Mum, I went over to get her and bring her to the U.S. near where I live. She's happy about it, although she thinks she's on the isle of Jersey. She also thinks that all of the people she meets are Yanks on holiday. She's in an assited living center, it's rather expensive, but she's worth the expense.
That's pretty much where I've been spending my time recently.
I've also been spending time with my lovely Granddaughter!
I love the ladies in my life, young and old!
One man gathers what another man spills
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 5:04pm
^ Sounds like you are doing well, Jimmy. Thumbs Up
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 3:57am
I am also living with early stage dementia myself (too many head injuries in my lifetime brought this on). The thing I use is a medication (nortriptyline) from my neurologist, and it helps.
I've also found that staying physically and mentally active are also a great help, I have no plans to retire from work.
Getting enough sleep is also a big help.
People have no idea what I go through with this condition. At work my co-workers are confused by my shifting moods, and I don't know the mood shifts occur until they're brought to my attention. Many seem to think that I am bipolar, but it is not the case. The mood shifts are tied in to my PTSD.
The early stage dementia is tied in to my recurring confusion and anxiety attacks.
It isn't very pleasant, but I'm still here, and I can still cook!
One man gathers what another man spills
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 3:16am
Cry Nobody wants to play with me, anymore...

Latest Forum Posts 
TopicsLast PostForum
Idle Time Internet Activities (videos)11 minutes ago at 9:53pm By PaWolf View PostSuggestions
DQ Chicken & Waffles (video)1 hour 3 minutes ago at 9:01pm By PaWolf View PostCommercials You Hate !!!!!
Anything funny.2 hours 37 minutes ago at 7:27pm By PaWolf View PostOff-Topic
O!M!G!- Kathie Lee Trying to be "hip"2 hours 54 minutes ago at 7:10pm By PaWolf View PostCommercials You Hate !!!!!
LifeLock & Norton with Angie! (video)4 hours 1 minutes ago at 6:03pm By PaWolf View PostCommercials You Hate !!!!!
New music that is worth a listen!4 hours 22 minutes ago at 5:42pm By PaWolf View PostOff-Topic
but wait! There are even MORE (very stupid people)4 hours 34 minutes ago at 5:30pm By PaWolf View PostOff-Topic
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 9:06pm
Cry

Poor ol'quiet CIH..."...go to the light, Carol Anne..."

WinkWhen my time comes, think I'd like 'Bend Down The Branches' played, too...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 2:02am
ConfusedEverything has appeared to have quieted down...our board is comatose. What is this? 
DARK FATHER View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 4:12am
This place has become so boring I'm beginning to wonder if I didn't make a mistake coming back here!
Back from the dead...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 4:31am
Originally posted by DARK FATHER DARK FATHER wrote:

This place has become so boring I'm beginning to wonder if I didn't make a mistake coming back here!
WinkWe all may come back to life with the likes of you coming back, DF - stay...stay...stay...
DARK FATHER View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 5:02am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

WinkWe all may come back to life with the likes of you coming back, DF - stay...stay...stay...

I recently sent Dark Realm Star a PM (and got a reply), and I hope she comes back.  I also sent Hootman a PM, but never heard back from him.  Who knows?
Back from the dead...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 6:05pm

I recently sent Dark Realm Star a PM (and got a reply), and I hope she comes back.  I also sent Hootman a PM, but never heard back from him.  Who knows?
I'm glad she got back to you.  I've been posting birthday threads for Hootman since he left.

I guess he don't love us anymore. Wink
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I'm glad she got back to you.  I've been posting birthday threads for Hootman since he left.

I guess he don't love us anymore. Wink
Wink A number of folks tap in now and then but have backed away because of the tone of the board over the last few years - they've become disinterested. I fully understand and it has been painful to see some go, others - not so much so. I've heard from some...but truthfully? I'd be happy to see Donathan (as Donathan), again. 'Social Climbing Members'? not so much.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 6:40pm

others - not so much so.

Aww, c'mon PaW, ya know ya miss me. Wink
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

others - not so much so.

Aww, c'mon PaW, ya know ya miss me. Wink

Cry *I* DO - *WE* all do miss you dearly, Darthy!!!

Come back to us, Darthy Lewis!!!Big smileWink
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 1:35am
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 3:23pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 3:28pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic