Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mazda

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mazda
    Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 5:17pm
What do a whale and a sensitive beardo have to do with Mazda cars?
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Banderboy Banderboy wrote:

What do a whale and a sensitive beardo have to do with Mazda cars?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 5:35pm
My opinion? Mazda has very quietly become one of the finest autos available. My rental friends hooked me up with a Mazda 6 for one of my more recent trips up north and I fell in looooooeeeerve with that car! The very best handling, the finest ride, and POWER?!!! Yikes!

Yea, whales, beardos, and Mazda.
A day in a Mazda can turn that whale of a redneck bearded biker into a timid, blabbering, dancing & prancing homo, Didn't happen to me because I knew what to expect and I was able to protect my manhood by occasionally getting out and stepping away from that beauty.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 4:47pm
I will also agree Mazda handles very well, my brother has had one for a few years and it's just nice.

BUT...these ads make me mental.
It's just so damn over the top, way over dramatic pile of junk.

I guess on the bright side, they got rid of Aaron Paul narrating the old Mazda ads.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 5:34pm
My dad was a car guy, probably why I ended up that way too.

He had an RX-7, pretty cool car for the time. The rotary engine had an impressive power band.

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 8:38pm
Yo, Bitch!

Gotta Have My Pops!

Bird-Dog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird-Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 6:20pm
I don't get it either.  Mazda's traditional image is being fun to drive.  I had a couple of MX-5's (Miatas) that definitely lived up to that.

Now they're also taking steps to catapult the brand into being viewed as a premium brand at mainstream pricing.  And they're doing a good job of it.  We just bought my wife a new CX-5 that's terrific. We traded her BMW X5 for it and she likes the Mazda better!

So why not center their advertising around these two concepts, sporty driving dynamics and premium appointments?  Mazda needs to focus on conveying that, not meaningless schmaltz.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Yo, Bitch!

LOLLOLLOLLOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Bird-Dog Bird-Dog wrote:

I don't get it either.  Mazda's traditional image is being fun to drive.  I had a couple of MX-5's (Miatas) that definitely lived up to that.

Now they're also taking steps to catapult the brand into being viewed as a premium brand at mainstream pricing.  And they're doing a good job of it.  We just bought my wife a new CX-5 that's terrific. We traded her BMW X5 for it and she likes the Mazda better!

So why not center their advertising around these two concepts, sporty driving dynamics and premium appointments? Mazda needs to focus on conveying that, not meaningless schmaltz.

I haven't had a good schmaltz in ages.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 1:27am

So why not center their advertising around these two concepts, sporty driving dynamics and premium appointments?  Mazda needs to focus on conveying that, not meaningless schmaltz.
Mazda Every car company needs to focus on conveying that, not meaningless schmaltz.
It's all BS advertising nowadays.  Stupid spokesholes (Jan, Potsch, etc.) and feel good crap that doesn't show you anything about the vehicle itself.  Stupid customers oohing and aahing about a cup holder or the stereo system.  Built-in computers and such.  What about the handling, torque, miles per hour zero to whatever, gas mileage, engine size, you know, actual CAR features?
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 10:30pm

I have owned 4 Mazdas. 1972 RX2 coupe, performance: excellent, reliability: excellent. 1981 RX7, performance: excellent, reliability: beyond excellent. (I replaced a side marker light bulb). 1990 RX7 GTUs, performance beyond excellent, reliability: excellent. (I replaced a $50 Mass Airflow Sensor) New 1996 Miata, performance beyond excellent, reliability far beyond excellent. Quite possibly the perfect 2 seat automobile. 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Mazda Every car company needs to focus on conveying that, not meaningless schmaltz.
It's all BS advertising nowadays.  Stupid spokesholes (Jan, Potsch, etc.) and feel good crap that doesn't show you anything about the vehicle itself.  Stupid customers oohing and aahing about a cup holder or the stereo system.  Built-in computers and such.  What about the handling, torque, miles per hour zero to whatever, gas mileage, engine size, you know, actual CAR features?
I Love You! A female who actually knows what matters concerning motor vehicles. Please join CarTalk Community Forum. We need you and more like you.Clap
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic