Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Burt Reynolds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIP Burt Reynolds
    Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 8:08pm
Another legend goes up to the heavens. Burt died of a heart attack today in Florida at the age of 82. May Smokey and the Bandit forever RIP. Damn. CryCryCryCry

http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/06/burt-reynolds-dead-at-82-heart-attack/
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 8:48pm
Just read that.

I had been wondering how much longer he had.

So sad.

RIP Burt.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 1:12am
Somewhere in the distance I can gently hear dueling banjos.

RIP, Mr. Reynolds
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 1:15am
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

Somewhere in the distance I can gently hear dueling banjos.

RIP, Mr. Reynolds

He's East Bound and Down.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 2:15am
I'm watching Smokey and the Bandit - my latest "Tribute to a Fallen Star", Burt Reynolds. RIP Unhappy
Poiuyt Power!!!
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 4:31am
So sad......Burt Reynolds was a true legend of comedy movies! 
R.I.P. Burt Reynolds!
One man gathers what another man spills
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 8:39am
Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

I'm watching Smokey and the Bandit - my latest "Tribute to a Fallen Star", Burt Reynolds. RIP Unhappy

For a long time, that seemed to be a staple of Saturday afternoon TV.  Always seemed to ne on on one channel or another.

RIP, Burt.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 2:16pm
RIP & Thanks. If it were not for Burt Reynolds big commercial, I would have bad breath.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 4:25pm
I was looking on YouTube for a particular exchange between him and Carson on the tonight show, but instead found this very interesting and revealing clip from a somewhat more recent Conan O'Brien, in which they're talking about the rape scene in Deliverance.

Watch and listen all the way to the very end.

Pretty good.

In this clip from the same show, they're talking about Burt's unique relationship with Carson.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 5:20pm
RIP Burt!
 Carson comes on here at 3:00am on METV, I think.  I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, BR was on the show this morning.  They did a...'This is your Life' skit. Not their best work but they are always funny together.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

RIP Burt!

Carson comes on here at 3:00am on METV, I think.  I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, BR was on the show this morning.  They did a...'This is your Life' skit. Not their best work but they are always funny together.

I think it's Antenna TV that carries Carson reruns.

Does here, so it must there, too.

Probably no coincidence that they showed a Burt episode.

Everytime a celebrity actor dies, the retro channels all do retrospectives of their shows.

I expect MeTV to start showing the Burt Reynolds Gunsmoke episodes soon in the 1:00 to 2:00 pm time slot where they currently show Gunsmoke in anyway.

C'mon, man!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 7:22pm
Yes, Antenna TV shows old Tonight Show's. And it's a SHAME that no one in Yakima carries it on a subchannel. We get MeTV but not Antenna, H&I, ThisTV, you name it. Yet there's 10 religious and Spanish channels OTA. I will be pulling out the Smokey & The Bandit DVD this weekend and watching it. Maybe I'll pull out my old VHS tapes of the original 'Longest Yard' and 'Paternity', the latter tape has been out of print since the mid 1980s, and has sadly never been released on DVD.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 9:28pm
If anyone wants to see a pretty cool Burt movie, check out Sharkey's Machine.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 12:48am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

If anyone wants to see a pretty cool Burt movie, check out Sharkey's Machine.

Big smileBig smileBig smile
EXCELLENT movie with possibly one of the classiest and timely soundtracks to come out.

The drug-addled bad guy in that movie always gives me the shudders as the Missus dealt with a few just like him right around those times... 

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 1:56am
I remember seeing a short film segment about the filming of that scene in the above YouTube clip, where Sharkey blows that guy out of the plate glass window half way up the 70 story Peachtree Plaza Hotel.

That was a real human stunt man whose body you see falling through the air.

They had a giant air bag on the ground underneath him.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 9:37am
This scene was on this morning.  LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:53pm
I wonder what Burt thought of this...

The second one was the funnier of the two, I thought.

Just saying "Turd Ferguson" always makes me laugh.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I wonder what Burt thought of this...

The second one was the funnier of the two, I thought.

Just saying "Turd Ferguson" always makes me laugh.

LOLLOL

That voice?  It has to be Norm McDonald!  I'll bet Burt was laughing his ass off.

LOLLOLLOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 10:39pm
I read an excerpt from an interview McDonald did on Howard Stern. Apparently, at some point after those skits had aired, he met Burt and they became friendly.

The entire reason MacDonald created and wrote those skits was because he wanted an excuse to imitate Burt Reynolds who was a hero of his.

He also made note of the fact that the version of Burt he was portraying was the 1970's Burt, while all the other characters were the 90's versions of the celebs being portrayed.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic