Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peloton- On to the Next (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peloton- On to the Next (video)
    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 8:44am
I think I get what Peloton is trying to do here...

You find yourself riding your bike in a not-so-nice part of town, then you hear this rap crap from Jay Z.

It motivates you to ride harder and faster than you ever have before!

Sponsored Links

!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 3:01am
This is actually a real song??? Oh my God it's about the most irritating thing I've ever heard, at least compared to the Meijer meat song from 3 years ago. Why do they insist everything has to be so loud and obnoxious to sell anything? And none of these morons need to lose weight. This bike is marketed to lame brains with self image problems who have more money than brain cells.
MontanaTrav View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 6:50am
Oh my god this commercial is literally on EVERY commercial break... usually directly before or directly after the f**king twerking blue Volkswagon that is also on literally every commercial break.  

I thought the Peloton commercial's previous incarnation was bad enough.  I had to stifle my vomit every time I saw the little kid on her tricycle mimicking Mommy and Mommy getting SUCH a kick out of it.  
renatae View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renatae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 5:30pm
Egregious noise choice here. Can't call this obnoxious stuff a song.

Those machines are massive! Our oldest son had one, and when they were moving, my strong 6'4" husband couldn't even budge it even a smidge. It was smaller than these monstrosities.

I also want to know why all the broadcasters are ignoring the rule that states commercials are not to be louder than the programs. Unconcerned boors at the helm.
Stop the Insanity!
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 7:06pm

The Peloton seems like an overpriced exercise bike for white people or hipsters with too much extra time and money on their hands 
Those ads are the worst. "I'm so bored in my 4 million dollar house. Time to get sweaty madly pumping on this stationary $2000 bike while watching a video of other people doing the same! My sugar daddy said he would kick me out of the house if I gained another ounce!"LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 3:02am
WinkTake it from a real, hardcore (ex)cyclist - 'Peleton People' are 'wannabees', nothing more...they wish they had real bicycles. They remind me of people like THIS:

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 7:10am
I am feeling a little bit of pleasure knowing, or at least hoping, that freaking Jay Z song has been kicked to the curb.  Now?  Let's just molest this classic old song instead.  And, what kind of a gift is an exercise bike?

I love you honey, but...Those thighs are getting kinda chunky.

jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 3:54pm
"To Jill"

They really went out of their way to come up with a female name, didn't they? And the husband is "Jack" I presume?LOL
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by jnoble jnoble wrote:

The Peloton seems like an overpriced exercise bike for white people or hipsters with too much extra time and money on their handsĀ 
Those ads are the worst. "I'm so bored in my 4 million dollar house. Time to get sweaty madly pumping on this stationary $2000 bike while watching a video of other people doing the same! My sugar daddy said he would kick me out of the house if I gained another ounce!"LOL

OMG, you all had me laughing so hard, I almost drained the lizard in my work clothse! All of you are spot on. After their sweaty Pelaton dicky ride, the clutch their IPhones, hop in the Land/Range Rover to Starbucks to discuss with their similar snotty friends creating a chapter of Antifa un their own localized hipster hood. And that rap crap music. Barf out, gag me with a spoon I'm about to hurl. Imagine if some Ruskies or Nigerian hackers hacked into their Pelaton screens and broadcast sex orgies with alpaccas and goats! Goat Lives Matter!
I approve this message.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 8:02pm
https://ballmemes.com/i/real-housewives-of-isis-premieres-mondavion-funny-10098797

Funny, Isis, and Isi: REAL HOUSEWIVES   OF ISIS   PREMIERES MONDAVION   funny
I approve this message.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 1:30am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I am feeling a little bit of pleasure knowing, or at least hoping, that freaking Jay Z song has been kicked to the curb.  Now?  Let's just molest this classic old song instead.  And, what kind of a gift is an exercise bike?

I love you honey, but...Those thighs are getting kinda chunky.

No doubt they're on the "Bohemian Rhapsody" movie bandwagon. Ermm

This is even worse... There's a "Hers" version of the song, by... Meghan Trainor! ConfusedDead

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 7:00pm
Good Lord, I just now noticed the male/female vocal versions of this commercial.  GMAFB! Please!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 11:19pm
If Pelotan were smart they'd have ghetto hood high crime scenes from my town. Murdermore. We are becoming a sh*t hole very quick with our leadership from hell (City Council).
I approve this message.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 12:46am
More hip-hop sh*te that is being forced down our throats. Why the youth enjoys that garbage is a mystery to me.
One man gathers what another man spills
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 3:47am
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

More hip-hop sh*te that is being forced down our throats. Why the youth enjoys that garbage is a mystery to me.
Our parents did not understand our music. I guess we do not have to understand the current crappy music or like it. On the other hand I liked some of my parents music and still do.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
sunbreak777 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunbreak777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 6:42pm
OMG That is the most horrible commercial that's still on right now in my area. I hate it so much and it's so grating on the ears I want to throw a brick at the tv when it plays.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by sunbreak777 sunbreak777 wrote:

OMG That is the most horrible commercial that's still on right now in my area. I hate it so much and it's so grating on the ears I want to throw a brick at the tv when it plays.

Its in the running but by far the worst so far this year are the 2 abortions that are Go Daddy or, should call them Blow Daddie ause both commercials fellate.(suck) Especially the longer one where they show the bottoms of somegirls smelly tennis shoes!
I approve this message.
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 5:11pm
I concur with the people above who say that this commercial is too freaking loud!  I'm just minding my business when suddenly my house's foundation shakes and the heavy breathing "HUHHHHHHHHHH...HUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...HUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....HUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" takes over the entire place.

Not like I would ever buy something like this, but a commercial like this makes me want to boycott the product!  I'd say we all should boycott!!!  Wink
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 5:28pm
I can't find the commercial with the heavy breathing.  All of these adholes who feel the need to use all of these (popular?) c-rap songs leave a really bad taste in my mouth. I don't like it when this toasted lack of talent spills into my living room!  Screw you, Peloton! Angry  Same bull c-rap song, different dialog.

raceron1120 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raceron1120 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 1:11pm
Definitely one of the worst, most annoying, aggravating and "I'll never by one of these" ads ever. Only one I can think of that is worse is that horrible narwhal ad from Sprint a few years ago.times
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 6:09pm
(DisapproveI don't do well calling myself an ex-cyclist, but it isn't safe to ride around here and I'm now a few years removed from my hardcore days)

Forget Peloton! Be a Cyclist.

The commercial is too loud and the people are all 'wannabees' - I couldn't give a darn what the weather is like! Up in the GreatWhiteNorth (especially the great state of New York, which borders WolfyWorld and Kanada), EVERY DAY is 'outdoor cycling day', no matter the weather without exception...

Here's a nice viewing of NYS Bicycle Maps...and wow! You should see Toronto! Or even WolfyWorld (which requires a fare and is basically gated...but we like it like that).
https://www.dot.ny.gov/bicycle/maps

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 6:39pm
This is the email address to their commercial sales dept.

commercialsales@onepeloton.com

They don't really have an email address to any dept relevant to opinions about their ads. No general sales, or public relations, etc.

Just support, NYC studios, press inquiries, partnership inquiries and commercial sales, so I figure that's pretty close.

Anyway, if you're of a mind to, paste that email address into a your mail server, or use a "throw away" account (like mail.com) if you don't want your primary account associated with what you have to say to them, and let them know what you think of their crappy ads.

Especially that obnoxious Jay Z rap crap. Using a side account, you can feel free to abandon the PC pretext and not be afraid to say (within reason of course) whatever you want.

And don't pull any punches.

Here's the URL for the contact us page with all the other email addresses...

https://www.onepeloton.com/company/contact

Let em have it, CIHers!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 9:43pm
Actually, "commercial sales" refers to their selling these monsters to "gyms" and work out facilities. It does NOT mean their advertising commercials.

Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 9:54pm
Yea...just leads to more questions, such as...if you ride your bike to the gym, why would you ride one of their stationary bikes?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

Actually, "commercial sales" refers to their selling these monsters to "gyms" and work out facilities. It does NOT mean their advertising commercials.

Yeah, I know that.

That's why I said: "They don't really have an email address to any dept relevant to opinions about their ads. No general sales, or public relations, etc."

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic