Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Progressive insurance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lowellchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Progressive insurance
    Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 3:58am
The chubby white guy and the happy young black wife . when they first got married ? He was excited about trying new things , like getting a new snowboard ???? This guy ? On a snowboard , ever ? I don't think so . And his wife is kind of a cutie , how did she end up with this idiot ? Trying to unwrap a Damn butterscotch candy ??
No way this relationship started , progressed and ended with this mixed marriage ? Which seems to be the new concept , let's show commercials with only mixed marriages and have the guy be an idiot .Every ad has the dopey inept man .
It grinds my gears
Sponsored Links

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Lowellchris Lowellchris wrote:

The chubby white guy and the happy young black wife . when they first got married ? He was excited ..
No way this relationship started , progressed and ended with this mixed marriage ? Which seems to be the new concept , let's show commercials with only mixed marriages and have the guy be an idiot .Every ad has the dopey inept man .

Clap
they DO share a certain nerdiness that , in REALITY, could potentially end in a one-off--but MAWWIAGE?
i agree its pretty unlikely--maybe his dad 'behavior' comes from an aneurysm
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 12:11am
Progressive has hundreds of commercials.  Could you please post the video you're describing?  Is it somewhere else on CIH?  Thanks.  Smile
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 5:42pm
The adholes do seem to stress the prevalence of mixed couples in our society.  I don't really understand why they do that.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

The adholes do seem to stress the prevalence of mixed couples in our society.  I don't really understand why they do that.

They have identified that scenario as the best warm & fuzzy, feel-good, flavor-of-the-day way to make people think they care.

SSDD.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 10:06pm
Thanks aka for posting.  I have seen this before, on CIH I think, and probably even commented on it.  I guess my memory for this stuff is fading.  Embarrassed

Yes, it's the fad that keeps on giving.  I want to see some progression here, folks!  How about interracial gay and lesbian couples?  Not Lesbos in Las Vegas who Look Like Sisters.  Not Paul from Verizon/Sprint and his handsome white husband in the background.

We have interracial couples and families galore.

We need more family integration.  How about incestuous interracial families?  Father-daughter, mother-son, bro and sis, bro and bro, sis and sis, and then we can progress to...

Farm animals?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 11:54pm

CryBecause we ran out of white women and they say that's all they can do and it's my fault!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 1:22am
i have observed this and been intimated as 'racist' on a different post

common ground anyone?
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:58pm

It doesn't bug me, but they seem to be shoved down our throats in a lot of recent ads (can't help not to notice) This ad. I now see a car commercial. a white guy, black girlfriend trying to get out of the city yapping about what they will do on their vacation. They almost slam into a big RV until the anti braking system kicks in. Guy briefly shocked...then continues to ramble on with their vacation plans. (stupid!) 

That just brings up another personal beef with ALL these ads highlighting the auto braking collision system  - seems to show how reckless the drivers are..speeding through congesting city streets like it's a race.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic