Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IHOP burgers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweaterRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IHOP burgers
    Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 6:50am
Anyone of y'all actually get around to trying the new ones?  I still need to.  They better be good, what with all the promotion around them.  The place even "changed" (I'm not sure to what extent) their name to International House of Burgers, because they swear by this menu item.
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 9:13am
It's just a marketing gimmick, just like Pasta Hut it'll go away in a couple of months.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by SweaterRock SweaterRock wrote:

Anyone of y'all actually get around to trying the new ones?  I still need to.  They better be good, what with all the promotion around them.  The place even "changed" (I'm not sure to what extent) their name to International House of Burgers, because they swear by this menu item.

The best I've heard about them is that "it's an OK burger, not bad, not better than any dedicated burger place or for that matter, any of the better fast food burger places".
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

Originally posted by SweaterRock SweaterRock wrote:

The best I've heard about them is that "it's an OK burger, not bad, not better than any dedicated burger place or for that matter, any of the better fast food burger places".

Whoever you heard that from probably didn't put mustard on it.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 8:40pm
What are the "better fast food burger places"?  Are you talking about McD's, Jack in the Crack Box, Burger King, Wendy's or some other burger places that don't have drive-thru's, like Smashburger and Five Guys?  YMMV depending on where you live.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

What are the "better fast food burger places"?  Are you talking about McD's, Jack in the Crack Box, Burger King, Wendy's or some other burger places that don't have drive-thru's, like Smashburger and Five Guys?  YMMV depending on where you live.

I always considered Carl's Jr. (aka Hardee's) to be a step up from McDonalds, Burger King and Jack-in-the-Box.  I'm not sure what's next down the totem pole.  7-11 burgers, maybe?  Dairy Queen burgers?

SweaterRock View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweaterRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 3:22am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

It's just a marketing gimmick, just like Pasta Hut it'll go away in a couple of months.

Oh, I know it's a marketing gimmick. But for putting all these eggs in the burger basket, they better be better than a lot of the places you can get a burger.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 4:47am

Whataburger, In and Out, based on what I've heard Carl's Jr/Hardees probably qualify though I've never had them personally cause we don't have them local.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 5:30am
Quote The place even "changed" (I'm not sure to what extent) their name to International House of Burgers, because they swear by this menu item.

They had to drop India out of the "International" because of that... 
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 2:37am
IHOB flips back to IHOP

The publicity stunt is over.  Cheers to those who called this marketing gimmick for what it was.  I really thought they were officially changing their name and was wondering when the new burgers menu was coming out.

Business Insider published this article online which I c&p'd:

IHOP has officially changed its name back from IHOb and is slashing the price of pancakes
Kate Taylor 2h
 IHOP All You Can Eat Pancakes 17
IHOP is officially back to its original identity as the International House of Pancakes. Hollis Johnson
IHOP announced on Monday that it had officially changed its name back to the International House of Pancakes after a brief stint as IHOb, the International House of Burgers.
The chain changed its name to IHOb in June to promote its new line of burgers.
To celebrate the return of IHOP and the chain's 60th birthday, IHOP is selling short stacks of pancakes for $0.60 cents on July 17.
IHOP is officially back to its original identity as the International House of Pancakes.

On Monday, the chain announced on social media that its time as IHOb, the International House of Burgers, had come to an end.

"We're giving away 60¢ short stacks on July 17 from 7a-7p for IHOP's 60th birthday. That's right, IHOP! We'd never turn our back on pancakes (except for that time we faked it to promote our new burgers)," the chain posted on Facebook.

In June, IHOP changed its name to IHOb to promote its new line of burgers. The pancake chain began revamping its burgers more than a year ago, IHOP President Darren Rebelez told Business Insider, as it has tried to boost sales outside breakfast.

IHOP will continue to sell both pancakes and burgers. Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
"We had to make a bold move to get people to be willing to talk about us for something other than breakfast food," Rebelez said in early June.

The name change lit up social media. IHOP's "word of mouth" score skyrocketed following the name change, according to YouGov BrandIndex data. Before the IHOb campaign, 19% of US adults said they had talked about the chain in the past two weeks. Afterward, that figure increased to 30%, the highest score since late 2012.

The IHOb name change was never meant to be permanent. And IHOP never took pancakes off the menu.

"The pancakes haven't gone anywhere ... They're still there. They're on the cover of the menu," Rebelez said.

"Just because we have pancakes doesn't mean we can't do anything but pancakes. That's what we're after: giving more people more reasons to come to IHOP more often."

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 3:39pm

IHOB flips back to IHOP

The publicity stunt is over.  Cheers to those who called this marketing gimmick for what it was.  I really thought they were officially changing their name

Calling it didn't take much skill, IHOP themselves announced it was only temporary to promote their burgers the day after they first announced that the change stood for "burgers".
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

IHOB flips back to IHOP

The publicity stunt is over.  Cheers to those who called this marketing gimmick for what it was.  I really thought they were officially changing their name

Calling it didn't take much skill, IHOP themselves announced it was only temporary to promote their burgers the day after they first announced that the change stood for "burgers".
Sorry I missed the part where they announced it was a temporary name change.  What a stupid idea anyway.  I do remember other restaurants, such as Waffle House and House of Pancakes (?) and the like announcing that they weren't going to change their names to show how silly the whole thing was.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 1:48am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I always considered Carl's Jr. (aka Hardee's) to be a step up from McDonalds, Burger King and Jack-in-the-Box.  I'm not sure what's next down the totem pole.  7-11 burgers, maybe?  Dairy Queen burgers?

I just have to believe that I can't be the first to say I think IHOP has made a seriously critical mistake in their reinventing themselves.

ApproveTake it from the 'Upscale, elite, better-than-thou Pa Wolf'(DeadWink)
1.) Carl's Jr./Hardees has been rated the MOST UNHEALTHY place to eat year after year. I have biscuits and sawmill gravy there every few mornings, with coffee.
2.) Five Guys get rave reviews everywhere, but I think their food has been manhandled by five guys before being sold to you as lunch or dinner.
3.) A VERY GOOD upscale burger place *I* like, so I insist you must love it, would be Red Robin. You're going to pay and pay.
4.) Our CaliKiddies should have mentioned FATBURGER. On an LA trip one time I grabbed one and couldn't make it to the car before digging into a monster that had chili, sunny-side up runny egg, all kinds of fresh veggies, and was about the size of my face. I sat at a bus stop across the street from my car and ate until I couldn't and there was still 1/2 burger...that was probably 30 years ago and I still dream of having another one. 
5.) DKS very justifiably mentions WHATABURGER. Every drunk's dream of the perfect dinner - jalapeno cheeseburger (was mine for a number of years).Wink Let me take the 'drunkard's dream' away from this and simply point out just about everything at WHATABURGER is great and high-quality.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

5.) DKS very justifiably mentions WHATABURGER. Every drunk's dream of the perfect dinner - jalapeno cheeseburger (was mine for a number of years).Wink Let me take the 'drunkard's dream' away from this and simply point out just about everything at WHATABURGER is great and high-quality.

They are the only fast food burder I ever get anymore. I get their breakfast a lot too(I work overnights, so I tend to stop for food on my way home in the morning, couple breakfast on a buns and an order of hashbrowns does me fine)
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 10:55am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ApproveTake it from the 'Upscale, elite, better-than-thou Pa Wolf'(DeadWink)
1.) Carl's Jr./Hardees has been rated the MOST UNHEALTHY place to eat year after year. I have biscuits and sawmill gravy there every few mornings, with coffee.

"Most unhealthy" doesn't necessarily mean "not a good burger".  "Delicious" and "healthy" don't necessarily go together.

I used to get their Low-carb Burger (back when carbs were synonymous with the devil).  It was all the burger/ingredients without the bread.  They just wrapped it up in paper.  It was pretty good (except for the paper LOLWink).

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 4:07pm

"Most unhealthy" doesn't necessarily mean "not a good burger".  "Delicious" and "healthy" don't necessarily go together.

I used to get their Low-carb Burger (back when carbs were synonymous with the devil).  It was all the burger/ingredients without the bread.  They just wrapped it up in paper.  It was pretty good (except for the paper LOLWink).

When did carbs stop being that? Afaik, they still are.

Food that contains simple, non-complex carbs and sugar, are the worst foods you can eat, especially for people over 50.

I've been on an Adkins type, no sugar, low carb/high protein/fat diet for about three weeks now. Seems to be starting to pay off a bit.

One good thing about it is that I'm not hungry all the time.

Carbohydrates and sugar are the tools of SATAN!!!!!

God, I wish I could eat them again....   
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 4:49pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

When did carbs stop being that? Afaik, they still are.

Food that contains simple, non-complex carbs and sugar, are the worst foods you can eat, especially for people over 50.

I've been on an Adkins type, no sugar, low carb/high protein/fat diet for about three weeks now. Seems to be starting to pay off a bit.

One good thing about it is that I'm not hungry all the time.

Carbohydrates and sugar are the tools of SATAN!!!!!

God, I wish I could eat them again....   
I avoid sugars at all cost, except to say I substitute with honey. Honey everywhere, on everything. HoneyHoneyHoneyHoneyHoney....
Somehow or another I think someone is about to tell me I'm fibbing to myself and going broke at the same time - the cost is right up there with cigarettes, I suspect...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

More flat, bad singing in a commercial.  This trend has to end!  Angry  Why do they keep doing it?  Are the adholes afraid to hire real talent?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 10:09pm
I'll never give up my spaghetti.  Luckily, I don't have any real weight problem, and my bro checked my blood sugar level the other day an hour or two after I had pasta and cake (it was 122, which my bro said is pretty good).  So, I'm lucky there.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 11:05pm

I'll never give up my spaghetti.  Luckily, I don't have any real weight problem, and my bro checked my blood sugar level the other day an hour or two after I had pasta and cake (it was 122, which my bro said is pretty good).  So, I'm lucky there.

I heart my spaghetti!  I've been reading that pasta in and of itself is not bad carbo for you; it's the other stuff you may or may not put on it.  Marinara sauce is healthy and my favorite is meat sauce.

Have you tried the whole wheat pasta?  I got some organic whole wheat spaghetti on sale and while it's OK, I prefer the original.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 1:04am

I heart my spaghetti!  I've been reading that pasta in and of itself is not bad carbo for you; it's the other stuff you may or may not put on it.  Marinara sauce is healthy and my favorite is meat sauce.

Have you tried the whole wheat pasta?  I got some organic whole wheat spaghetti on sale and while it's OK, I prefer the original.

When I eat spaghetti, which I rarely do anymore, it's always whole wheat. Same with elbow macaroni. I can't tell the difference.

Still high in carbs, though.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic