Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stouffer's Seasoing Wraps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stouffer's Seasoing Wraps
    Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 12:42am

I'm confused every time I see a commercial for this product. Why does this exist at all? How hard is it to season chicken and put a little oil in the pan? We've been doing it for decades. I am really curious to know what kind of people are buying this product and why.
I don't patronize bunny rabbits!
Sponsored Links

Lowellchris View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lowellchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 12:56am
The little girl .? " are you gonna cook with paper ? "
Reminds me of Captain Ron ...
It grinds my gears
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 2:45am
I suppose the draw is that the package includes parchment paper for wrapping a 1-inch thick cut of chicken with the spices already in it.  Confused
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 5:52am
When I saw "seasoned wraps" I figured seasoned tortilla wraps.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 6:01am
Quote I am really curious to know what kind of people are buying this product and why.

Lazy people who would starve if it weren't for the invention of pre-packaged prepared food...
purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 6:05am
Yikes, how damn lazy can people get?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 6:21am
Just another gimmick that will disappear in a few months.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 12:52pm
well i will say for the cooking impaired..the 'wrap' will help seal some CHICKEN JUICE in that thing and infuse with 'flavor' that just slapping in a pan and frying won't do..
YES PEOPLE ARE STOOPID....this is the defining revelation that ad men LUV
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 2:18pm
Or, you could just put a lid on the frying pan.

C'mon, man!
Virginia Dare II View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 2:31pm
The reviews on these things are pretty good.   Some people are "seasonally challenged"  and get scared putting herbs and spices on food before cooking.  Too much...too little.  I guess this product offers some comfort that you won't screw up.    There is one commercial that has a woman bending over her Season Wrapped chicken and she's so close to it her eyebrows are going to burst into flame as she ::::: SNIFFFFFFS ::::: up all that good aroma !   I will say the finished product looks very good.   But anyone who has parchment paper and a spice cabinet is all set.  
" Pickle YOU...Kumquat !!"
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Virginia Dare II Virginia Dare II wrote:

The reviews on these things are pretty good.   Some people are "seasonally challenged"  and get scared putting herbs and spices on food before cooking.  Too much...too little.  I guess this product offers some comfort that you won't screw up.    There is one commercial that has a woman bending over her Season Wrapped chicken and she's so close to it her eyebrows are going to burst into flame as she ::::: SNIFFFFFFS ::::: up all that good aroma !   I will say the finished product looks very good.   But anyone who has parchment paper and a spice cabinet is all set.  

When I'm not sure what I want to do with my chicken breasts, or don't want to think about it,  I just pound them, rub in some Slap Ya Mama seasoning, and saute them (or wrap them in foil and throw em on the grill).  I guess that's just as lazy but at least it's cheaper.  
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 5:50am
Quote chicken breasts, (...) just pound them,

That's the secret to making them tender.  Wink

I just salt them and then drench them in Italian dressing before cooking.  Tastes great...  Big smile
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Quote chicken breasts, (...) just pound them,

That's the secret to making them tender.  Wink

I just salt them and then drench them in Italian dressing before cooking.  Tastes great...  Big smile 

Thumbs Up
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 12:41am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Or, you could just put a lid on the frying pan.

When you cook in a foil or parchment paper "envelope" you really add tremendous moisture and flavor to the protein.   It's also a very clean way to cook.   I take some foil,  add a hunk of salmon,  splash with wine and herbs and sometimes a little butter.  Seal that sucker up real good and bake about 10 minutes n a 400 oven.  Easy peasy !    Big smile
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 1:08am
This is an indication of the fear of cooking with so many people. I don't like to call people lazy because it's an ugly word to put on someone without experience.
So many folks are completely lost in the kitchen, so much that companies like Stouffer's can benefit from that ignorance. Believe me folks, it's not difficult to accomplish when seasoned and wrapping meat. It's also pretty fun to accomplish, as I found out when I taught my daughter how to prepare this meal from scratch.
One man gathers what another man spills
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 1:42am
Seems like putting it in a covered skillet or covered Pyrex baking dish would accomplish pretty much the same thing without wasting all that parchment paper or aluminum foil.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 1:58am
Cooking "en papillote" isn't the same thing as using a skillet with a lid.   You can easily burn or scorch your food on direct heat.   In the foil or parchment there is gentle cooking/steaming/poaching in undiluted juices.    You have to try it to know the subtle differences.  
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 2:45am
Originally posted by Virginia Dare II Virginia Dare II wrote:

Cooking "en papillote" isn't the same thing as using a skillet with a lid.   You can easily burn or scorch your food on direct heat.   In the foil or parchment there is gentle cooking/steaming/poaching in undiluted juices.    You have to try it to know the subtle differences.  

OK, but I was talking about putting the covered skillet in the oven, not cooking it on the stove top.

Guess I should've been more thorough in my comments.

C'mon, man!
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 10:51pm
if i see these discounted. and i WILL..bought!!

but yeah its definitely designed for the clueless
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 4:33pm
QUOTE=Virginia Dare II] Cooking "en papillote"   [/QUOTE]

En papillote...there's a fancy French name for this?  I've been doing it for years and thought it was just the mom's-too-lazy-to-do-any-real-cooking-today thing.  I used to call them treasure packs but "en papillote" sounds legit, not like I'm trying to put a fun spin on an easy meal.  Oh, the respect I could have gotten!

In any case, it's a great way to cook :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic