Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hormel Chili (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hormel Chili (video)
    Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 6:44pm
I don't eat hot dogs, I love chili!  I try to limit my consumption of canned foods.

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 6:48pm
Hot dogs with chili and yellow mustard....
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 8:26pm
Yellow mustard on the bun, chili topped with shredded Cheddar cheese and diced onions.  Tongue  Tongue  Tongue
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 9:46pm
I like to run a "bead" of mustard down one side of the Frank where it contacts the bun then top it off with chili. No onions for me, though. A bit too spicy for my stomach.

And gotta have tater tots or fries on the side.

No chips!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 1:45am
Onions not mandatory, but mustard whether on the bread, hot dog and/or bun is.  Thumbs Up
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 2:40am
A hot dog without mustard is like spaghetti without garlic bread.

French fries without ketchup.

Apple pie without vanilla ice cream.

Mustard is mandatory on hot dogs.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 10:51pm
My Aunt Jenny made the best "no-bean" hot dog chili.  Hormel's is OK but can't compare to hers. 

She's my only remaining aunt.  In her 90s now.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 12:04am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

My Aunt Jenny made the best "no-bean" hot dog chili.  Hormel's is OK but can't compare to hers. 

She's my only remaining aunt.  In her 90s now.

You should get her recipe!  Thumbs Up
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 2:06am
AND QUICK!!!!!

C'mon, man!
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Mustard is f**king repugnant. If I'm gonna eat a plain hot dog(normally it's chili and cheese) it's ketchup all the way, not some nasty, meal ruining mustard.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 5:08pm
Hormel seems to have hit bottom quality wise. I have not cared much for the chili with an I flavor since I discovered actual chile with an E.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

Mustard is f**king repugnant. If I'm gonna eat a plain hot dog(normally it's chili and cheese) it's ketchup all the way, not some nasty, meal ruining mustard.
LOL

I'm not a big fan of mustard, ketchup and onion for me too!  Well, maybe honey mustard with chicken strips.  And "But of course, Grey Poupon" Tongue

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

I've always been under the impression that most people grow out of the impulse to put ketchup on everything around the time they reach adulthood.

With regards to hotdogs, mustard as a condiment tends to appeal to those with more highly developed, adult tastes, whereas ketchup tends to appeal more to kids and those with less developed, less mature tastes.

I think that, hamburgers and french fries notwithstanding, putting ketchup on most food is considered by many people to convey a lack of sophistication.

But hey, to each his own.

C'mon, man!
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 6:15pm
I prefer ketchup on a hotdog myself. But I recently learned that in Chicago they will rip you a new one for choosing ketchup on your hotdog. In Chicago, ketchup is for fries and mustard and a tomato goes on your hotdog.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 6:30pm
OK!  This is where I stand! Who has a big tomato plant growing out of the picnic table?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 8:05pm
Ketchup certainly has it's place.

Burgers and fries, mainly. Or meatloaf.

Personally, I can't think of anything else it really goes well with.

But as for brands, Heinz is my favorite. Hunt's tastes like it's loaded with sugar while Heinz has a tart, vinegary taste.

C'mon, man!
Virginia Dare II View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 9:42pm
If one can fall in love with a ketchup then I'll be announcing my betrothal very shortly.   Man...this is such a great one.  Not all loaded up with cloves which I hate.   Fresh tasting...less salt and sugar !   ClapClapClaphttp://www.sirkensingtons.com/products#ketchup-anchor
" Pickle YOU...Kumquat !!"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Virginia Dare II Virginia Dare II wrote:

If one can fall in love with a ketchup then I'll be announcing my betrothal very shortly.   Man...this is such a great one.  Not all loaded up with cloves which I hate.   Fresh tasting...less salt and sugar !   ClapClapClaphttp://www.sirkensingtons.com/products#ketchup-anchor

Never heard of it before but I will definitely give it a try!!!

According to the product finder on their website, it's widely available around here close to me.

Thanks for the info!!!

C'mon, man!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 11:28pm

Ketchup certainly has it's place.

Burgers and fries, mainly. Or meatloaf.

Personally, I can't think of anything else it really goes well with.

But as for brands, Heinz is my favorite. Hunt's tastes like it's loaded with sugar while Heinz has a tart, vinegary taste.
You took the words right out of my fingertips. Ketchup and mustard have their place. I like ketchup on fries and tots (especially with tartar sauce) and is essential for a meatloaf sandwich. My favorite breakfast sandwich is French bread, mayo, bacon, and a scrambled egg with ketchup. Hotdogs? If beef dogs yellow mustard, diced onions and a squiggle of horseradish cream. If COSTCO dogs mustard, diced onions, and sauerkraut. I prefer burgers with mayo, lettuce, and tomato, but ketchup will do. I am actually not very picky and will eat or at least try most anything with the exception of organs and entrails. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 11:32pm
Big smileHormel HOT Chili is like greased lightening when I'm constipated - I will haul tail to Fambly Dolla, grab a can and eat it straight-up without heating. Give it 30 minutes and BINGO! We're droppin' & sloppin' and it looks the same coming out as it went in! Amazing stuff, I tell ya and leaves quite the job for 'Mr. Clean' and 'Mama Clorox'.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I am actually not very picky and will eat or at least try most anything with the exception of organs and entrails. 

Amen to that, my bruthuh!!!

No liver either!!!

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Big smileHormel HOT Chili is like greased lightening when I'm constipated - I will haul tail to Fambly Dolla, grab a can and eat it straight-up without heating. Give it 30 minutes and BINGO! We're droppin' & sloppin' and it looks the same coming out as it went in! Amazing stuff, I tell ya and leaves quite the job for 'Mr. Clean'.

To paraphrase Steve Martin from a recent co-guest appearance he did with Martin Short on Jimmy Kimmel Live, while describing an annual "colonoscopy party" they, along with Tom Hanks and a couple of other over 50 Hollywood bigwigs throw each year, he described his bathroom after the five of them consumed the laxative prep drink, as looking like a Jackson Pollock painting.

C'mon, man!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 12:32am

I am actually not very picky and will eat or at least try most anything with the exception of organs and entrails. 

No liver either!!!
Liver is my worst of organs. My parents loved liver and onions. Except for the nauseating smell I looked forward to their L&O dinners as I got a hamburger.Big smile  
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 12:36am

No liver either!!!

Liver is my worst of organs. My parents loved liver and onions. Except for the nauseating smell I looked forward to their L&O dinners as I got a hamburger.Big smile  

I doubt there's enough ketchup, mustard (yellow or brown), barbeque sauce, hot sauce or horse radish in the world to cover up the oddly nasty taste of liver.

I know the onions sure as hell don't do it.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 12:56am

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Big smileHormel HOT Chili is like greased lightening when I'm constipated - I will haul tail to Fambly Dolla, grab a can and eat it straight-up without heating. Give it 30 minutes and BINGO! We're droppin' & sloppin' and it looks the same coming out as it went in! Amazing stuff, I tell ya and leaves quite the job for 'Mr. Clean'.

To paraphrase Steve Martin from a recent co-guest appearance he did with Martin Short on Jimmy Kimmel Live, while describing an annual "colonoscopy party" they, along with Tom Hanks and a couple of other over 50 Hollywood bigwigs throw each year, he described his bathroom after the five of them consumed the laxative prep drink, as looking like a Jackson Pollock painting.

LOLI saw the same show and was deeply insulted as *I* have always believed "colonoscopy party" was MY invention and I got no credit from Steve Martin (then again, as much as he may want to, I don't think he knows me). It actually started out as a 'Valentine's Day Morning Date' when I took the Missus out one fine sunny Valentine's Day with her eyes wrapped up so she couldn't see where we were going until we got there and we had his-and-hers colonoscopies. Now I should mention while I was just in stitches and barely able to contain myself when I saw her reaction, the whole thing sort of backfired on me when we were each on a gurney, side-by-side, and a clearly very gay doctor came up to me and showed me what looked like the entire arm for a wooden armchair wrapped in black, shiny rubber, and said with a very heavy, drooling lisp:
Dead"...and PaW? We gave you a sedative that will have you in a twilight state of consciousness - you will know everything that's happening and may feel some of it - and THIS is our 'camera' we will be inserting in you and possibly probing problematic points" 
I recall the Missus totally in tears and laughing her ass off, but I immediately panicked and passed out, only to wake up momentarily and asking if we could it all over with (it was already over). To this day I have always believed she pranked my prank.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic