Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

One more reason to hate Progressive

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One more reason to hate Progressive
    Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 5:31am
As I mentioned on another thread, I love seeing interracial couples in commercials.  Interracial couples are every bit as normal as couples of the same race and should be portrayed a such.  This one grates on me though.  Just once I'd like to see the white guy get to be the smart smug one, insulting the black woman while she just sits there acting dopey.  Just once.  Because in real life smart white men and dopey black women also exist.

Sponsored Links

purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 5:32am
Not sure why my video didn't show up.  Somebody please help!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 5:54am
Originally posted by purple rose purple rose wrote:

You had some extra stuff in there.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 5:54am
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 9:49am

As I mentioned on another thread, I love seeing interracial couples in commercials.  Interracial couples are every bit as normal as couples of the same race and should be portrayed a such.  This one grates on me though.  Just once I'd like to see the white guy get to be the smart smug one, insulting the black woman while she just sits there acting dopey.  Just once.  Because in real life smart white men and dopey black women also exist.

In commercial-land, the black woman is at the top of the food chain, eating everyone including the black male.  To expect a white male (who exists at the bottom of the food chain, even beneath the family dog) to outsmug a black female is just---well, preposterous.  LOL

!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 6:39pm
I love this whole racism thing and how so many "claim" to be against it, but this is reverse racism if you ask me. If it was an isolated incident, you'd think nothing of it. But that it exists in other commercials and others have noticed it, including myself. I hate smug to begin with but this is just sickening that in order to make the black race feel superior, they need to be so smart and the white person has to be as dumb as a box of rocks, it's still just as wrong as if the roles were reversed.

What's even scarier is if you look at the thumbnail...she almost looks more like a guy than a woman. Shocked
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 6:58pm
Tide, pisses me off so much! I have nothing against mixed couples.  But, they really do seem to want to shove it into our face.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 8:19pm
There was a Cheerios commercial that featured an adorable mixed little girl with her White Mom and Black Dad. On YouTube, people came across as so racist talking crap about this commercial. The really sad part was, this commercial aired like in 2012. There was also people claiming they were sad when Rue died in Hunger Games books when they thought she was White. When they saw a Black Actress playing Rue,they said stuff like,"I was extremely sad when i thought Rue was White. Now that I know Rue is Black(Suzanne Collins the Author even implied Rue was Black in the books saying Rue's skin was Brown), I'm not really all that sad anymore." A nasty commenter even said something like,"Katniss should have killed that little N.... Rue herself!" You'd think in 2012 people would be much more racially tolerant, but no.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 8:47pm

I was very fortunate to be raised by parents who taught me "people are people" regardless of gender, race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation and are evaluated as individuals because there are good and bad people of all those. I could write a book of all the friends I have had and others rejected. I of course also hate the dumb daddy/smart mommy commercials.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 8:56pm

Sorry. No help here. Yesterday I wanted to send my oldest Granddaughter a happy birthday text on my "smarter than me" phone. I had to access the manual on my PC and still required 3 attempts. 
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 12:31am
The inane Communist-inspired twerp????.ConfusedConfusedConfused
purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Sorry. No help here. Yesterday I wanted to send my oldest Granddaughter a happy birthday text on my "smarter than me" phone. I had to access the manual on my PC and still required 3 attempts. 

Ha!  Ask her to teach you Smile
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 3:27pm

Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Ha!  Ask her to teach you Smile
She was able to quickly set up voice mail on my old phone when she was 7 years old. This was her 18th birthday! I'll get her 9 year old boy cousin to help me.Embarrassed
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by !Tommy !Tommy wrote:

I love this whole racism thing and how so many "claim" to be against it, but this is reverse racism if you ask me. If it was an isolated incident, you'd think nothing of it. But that it exists in other commercials and others have noticed it, including myself. I hate smug to begin with but this is just sickening that in order to make the black race feel superior, they need to be so smart and the white person has to be as dumb as a box of rocks, it's still just as wrong as if the roles were reversed.

What's even scarier is if you look at the thumbnail...she almost looks more like a guy than a woman. Shocked

Wow! I hope you don't talk that was when black people are around! Don't base people on their skin color. Tolerance people tolerance!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic