Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 Acura RDX "Play She's A Rainbow"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2019 Acura RDX "Play She's A Rainbow"
    Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 6:17am
Are we supposed to believe this little millennial twit even knows who The Stones are, much less the name of one of their older songs???

Unless her parents listened to them, I seriously doubt she'd be listening to anyone who made actual records and never used AutoTUNE.

Just more silly pretentious crap.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 8:22am
I'm familiar with the Stones and I never even heard of this song! Payola radio doesn't even play it!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 8:50am
I had that 45.  I preferred the B side---2,000 Light Years From Home.  Less twee, more psychedelic.

The late 60s was my fave Stones era.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 3:24pm
I found it a somewhat silly, hippy dippy, flower childish ditty. I always thought it was meant to counteract the darkness of "Sympathy for the Devil" on the Stones "Their Satanic Majesties Request" album. 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 5:25pm
I like that old song, any old song that includes a piano.  I suppose that today, they get a piano sound on a synth.

MORE PIANO!!

Even more recent music has some well placed piano riffs.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I found it a somewhat silly, hippy dippy, flower childish ditty. I always thought it was meant to counteract the darkness of "Sympathy for the Devil" on the Stones "Their Satanic Majesties Request" album. 

Weird Stones album.

Another single released from the album was In Another Land.  How many people have ever even heard it?

Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 12:10am
Thanks for the memory's.  Nicky Hopkins on the piano.  Had this on 8 track driving round Chicago with my 67 Pontiac Tempest.  They recorded this with singular right and left speaker sounds as did the Beatles at this time.
There's a sucker born every minute.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Weird Stones album.

Another single released from the album was In Another Land.  How many people have ever even heard it?

Need I, Mrs. Rolling stones, need to answer? Lol. I have the album.

Oh and sympathy for the devil's on beggars banquet.

Why do feel I should be saying "I'll take rolling stones albums for $600, Alex"
The artist formerly known as Madawee

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Weird Stones album.

Need I, Mrs. Rolling stones, need to answer? Lol. I have the album.

Oh and sympathy for the devil's on beggars banquet.

Why do feel I should be saying "I'll take rolling stones albums for $600, Alex"
I'll have to blame old timers disease since I literally wore out my beggars banquet LP.Embarrassed
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic