Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Progressive - Game Show Gary

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Progressive - Game Show Gary
    Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 4:20am
And you see why I mute these awful insurance ads?! AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 8:27am
Again, besides the two ninkumpoops in the audience WTF does this have to do with insurance?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 5:45pm
Smart Off? More like 'Jerk Off'!

Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 5:58pm
Oh, no, no, no!!!! Not the game-show cliche AGAIN! F~%K

I swear that: 1) ad writers get fired for shunning fads and stupidity, and 2) all advertising agencies have Wheel of Fortune-style wheels with all the formulae on them, and spin it to pick the cliche(s) to put in the ad. Original thinking be damned!

It only needs to have a little kid as a contestant (winning of course) along with some dancing, off-key singing, and... you get the idea.

Ooh, I forgot: Start it with ye olde reliable mock news broadcast that cuts over to the game show.
LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 9:35pm
Talking about game shows, I'm pissed! Yesterday I was watching Jeopardy! It was at the end of the show where they revealed the final clue and instead of going to the Think Music. It cuts to commercials! Then after that, it went to the beginning of Wheel Of Fortune! WTF WTNH? What gives? I never got the final answer! Bastards! Somebody f**ked up! Big-time!

BTW I'm noticing a pattern here. First award shows, now game shows, what's next, cop dramas?
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 1:26am
I hate this one too but of course what makes it the worst is that stupid buzzer that he's constantly pressing. Even if I'm not in the room, I can hear it and it's an instant annoyance.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 4:25am
I knew they would spoof a game show - another 'daytime' program. Last year it was 'Look! Famous People' and a while back it was Maury. What's next - Flo vs. Jamie on Judge Judy? AngryAngry
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by !Tommy !Tommy wrote:

I hate this one too but of course what makes it the worst is that stupid buzzer that he's constantly pressing. Even if I'm not in the room, I can hear it and it's an instant annoyance.
Every time I think insurance commercials cannot be anymore stupid and annoying they raise the bar!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by !Tommy !Tommy wrote:

I know it makes me yearn for the sounds of Family Feud from the 70s.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 8:26pm
I've seen this at least three times this week alone and I'm definitely sick of it! I change the channel when  the bimbo game show host appears on my TV. Angry
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 7:03am
I saw game show Gary on again. Who honestly greed lighted this nonsense? Commercials have to rely on annoying sounds and people to get their point across...wait...what IS the point of this commercial? =\
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 11:49pm
Saw it twice yesterday...exactly why is this nonsense still on the air?! It has nothing to do with car insurance and has no point. Just another thing to make me change channels. Fk you Progressive!! AngryAngry
BTW I still can't believe that's Mark DeCarlo hosting this 'commercial' - he sure has fallen since the early '90s 'Studs' days...
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 4:44am
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! WHY?! It's back. Progressive brought this piece of horrible s--t back with a guy who's been a nobody since about 1992, Mark DeCarlo. 
WHY?! On what level does this have anything to do with car insurance? Can anyone at Progressive tell me why they chose to bring this one back? DeadAngryAngryAngryDead
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 6:28pm
Still on the air?! I can't even. What does this atrocity have to do with car insurance? Anything? Anything? LISTEN TO ME PROGRESSIVE! Anything?! Go fk off, Mark DeCarlo, Flo and Jamie! Will never use this asinine company as long as I live. Yes, I'm also talking to you, Geico and Liberty-Liberty-Liberty-my-a$$-Mutual! AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDead
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 8:58am
Sort of a ripoff of the late Dennis James....
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 7:04am
Last night it came on. I have never hated the trio of idiotic car insurance companies as much as I have lately (Geico, Progressive and Liberty my a$$ Mutual). 
Why was this greenlighted? What were they thinking!!? 10/10 on the stupidity meter.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 8:51pm
Still beating that dead horse, aren't ya Progressive? This commercial continues to be an instamute because of the stupid 'game show' plot, the fact it has nothing to do with car insurance, the contestant with 'millions' is a goon, Flo & fkn Jamie are holding a SIGN IN THE AUDIENCE, and oh yeah - what is Mark DeCarlo doing wasting his life on this?
This and Progressive on Ice are on my nerves! See why I have a DVR?! And why my recently-purchased used sedan is insured with State Farm? CensoredCensoredAngryAngry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic