Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

suicide ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lowellchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: suicide ?
    Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 5:20pm
This whole suicide thing is shocking to me ...
Kate Spade ...
Anthony Bourdain...
We need to get a handle on our loved ones . Speaking as a family member of losing a brother to suicide . it just takes a word , a phone call , a hug ... Talk to your loved ones ..son's and daughters , sisters and brothers ... Be there for them . sorry off topic ..
It grinds my gears
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 5:27pm
It is sad and difficult to understand especially when people like these most recent two seemingly have everything to live for.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Lowellchris View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lowellchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 6:18pm
Yes , Kate Spade had a multi million dollar purse line and was opening a new label product that was gonna be big too .......?
Anthony Bourdain ? Paid to eat , travel the globe , wrote books , smoked weed ..had a beautiful daughter with Ottavia Busia . dating Asia Argento ...had it all ....?
So sad . my step brother T had a plumbing business , huge house , 4 kids , money ...killed himself over the neighbors daughter wouldn't return his affections ? He was fixated on her ? A teen girl , he was about 34 ? ...couldn't have her and he jumped off a bridge into traffic on the X-way near here ??
Why ?
It grinds my gears
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 8:17pm
I've have not attempted but have contemplated suicide when I was younger when I didn't have control of my illness. Now? Never! Hardly ever I'm an optimist now. I have too much to live for

They said on the news that suicide happens at the intersection of three things 1. I am alone 2. I am a burden 3. I am not afraid to die. That intersection makes suicide likely.

It's still unbelievable though
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 11:26pm
I'd never heard of Spade until her suicide.  But I knew Bourdain through his promos on CNN.  He always had music I liked accompanying those promos.  I never tuned into his show because I'm simply not that interested in what people around the world eat.

Val Kilmer didn't mince words when he berated Bourdain for having committed suicide.

Anthony Bourdain's apparent suicide was 'selfish,' says Val Kilmer in slamming Facebook post

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 12:01am
I thought Spade's suicide was selfish too.

She had a 13 y/o daughter who no longer has her mother.

I think in most cases, suicide is the most selfish act a person can commit.

Certainly people with families who depend on them.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 2:30am
People who contemplate then commit the act have no control over what they are doing or who they hurt. I just lost my brother 2days ago.suicide may be the cause until i see the me report. I hold nobody in judgement.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 2:39am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I thought Spade's suicide was selfish too.

She had a 13 y/o daughter who no longer has her mother.

I think in most cases, suicide is the most selfish act a person can commit.

Certainly people with families who depend on them.

Not really selfish. I remember someone saying he thought he was a burden, holding his family back from living the lives they wanted. He attempted suicide by hanging so that they no longer had to worry about him anymore. The tree rope broke, saving his life. He said he was so incredibly grateful the suicide failed as he realized the unspeakable grief his family would have endured had they seen his dead body on that tree.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 2:41am
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

People who contemplate then commit the act have no control over what they are doing or who they hurt. I just lost my brother 2days ago.suicide may be the cause until i see the me report. I hold nobody in judgement.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Madz.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 8:54am

Very sad to hear this, msmadz.  I'm sorry for the loss you've suffered and hope you and your family find answers and peace.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 9:46am
Sorry to hear this Msmadz.

I've thought about suicide before, how life is all so futile, how it's all so pointless, etc.  But then I think about how I'd never see my critters again, never eat another bowl of spaghetti, never again hear the songs I like, etc.  It's all those things that make life worth living...to me, anyway.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 1:48pm

Deepest condolences, maddie.

C'mon, man!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 2:45pm
Thank you everyone. His cause of death was hypertension cardiovascular disease which could have caused a stroke or heart attack. Oh and chronic alcohol abuse.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 5:58pm
I'm very sorry, Maddy. This hits close to home.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 6:43pm

C'mon, man!
purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 5:40am

Thank you everyone. His cause of death was hypertension cardiovascular disease which could have caused a stroke or heart attack. Oh and chronic alcohol abuse.

I'm so sorry for your loss, msmadz Cry
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 2:43am
Thank you all my chi sweethearts. Your comforting words mean the world to me

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 4:37am
Suicide is a decision made by the desperate. I contemplated it myself a few years ago, but someone close to me directed me to a reliable therapist. My troubles began from the multiple head injuries I've suffered through my life. Apparently I have CPTSD, which has caused me to be eventually diagnosed with early stage dementia.
The troubles the famous people faced mentioned in this thread, and their decision to chuck it all in proves that those famous people are no different than anyone else. Dealing with difficult situations is the hardest task we all must face, that's why I feel very bad about those who've made that terrible decision.
I won't pass judgement on those who made that decision, they are facing that judgement themselves through the grace of God.
One man gathers what another man spills
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic