Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What is your first memory of playing with a toy?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is your first memory of playing with a toy?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is your first memory of playing with a toy?
    Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 4:31pm
Just what the subject line asks.

Mine was from when I was somewhere between 1 and 1½, and I remember standing in my crib with a stuffed giraffe in one hand. Using the other hand, I'd pull a little tuft of fur off of it, drop it from the top railing of the crib, and say, "Q Q Q Q Q Q Q" as the little tuft of fur floated to the floor.

Lather, rinse, repeat. LOL

So, what was your first memory of playing with a toy?

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 5:29pm
The first toy I remember, was a riding tractor tricycle similar to this one...

...that I got for Christmas when we lived in Hawaii.

I've got a picture of myself, probably taken on Christmas morning, sitting on it in our backyard wearing the plastic Army helmet that I also got.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 5:44pm
^  I had the fire truck version of that.  But I dunno if it was my first memory.  I remember my crash cars.  '58 Chevys that you crashed into a wall and they fell apart (then you put them back together).

I also remember a car seat that had a tray and a steering wheel.  And I think it was in the car my parents bought before I was born (a '53 Chevy).  My father convinced me that I was actually steering the car from that car seat.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 6:07pm
I don't really remember the early days...maybe after 5 or 6 years old.  Hot Wheels had this little motor that sent the cars flying down the track. Sometimes we created our own games. We had this oval coffee table with a railing and we would send marbles around it with our hands.  Slot cars!  The neighbor had a Big Wheel but I skipped the trike and went to a bike with training wheels.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 11:12pm
A Tricycle (I was three years old at the time).
Poiuyt Power!!!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 2:34pm
My Ding-A-Ling?Wink
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 9:04pm
Cry
I was hatched so dirt-poor that for XMAS I always got the saaaaaame thing, year after year. A pair of pants with holes in the front pockets. They were functional and I always had something to play with...I don't think there were any ill effects, but contrary to popular belief, I am NOT Oriental, nor blind, and dead kittens do NOT litter my yard.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 9:39pm
Earliest memory? Rolling back and forth, a metal yellow Tonka dump truck about the size of a small cat or dog, In front of a fireplace on the red carpet at my grandparent's house.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Cry
I was hatched so dirt-poor that for XMAS I always got the saaaaaame thing, year after year. A pair of pants with holes in the front pockets. They were functional and I always had something to play with...I don't think there were any ill effects, but contrary to popular belief, I am NOT Oriental, nor blind, and dead kittens do NOT litter my yard.

OK, now let's talk about all those dead puppies...
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 10:30pm
I think that before the tractor, I remember a bag of little plastic airplanes.

I recall every night before I'd go to sleep after my folks put me to bed, I used to specifically ask if I could have a bag of plastic airplanes.

I have no idea how that got into my mind, other than possibly having seen one in a store somewhere and taken a shine to them.

Kinda like these...

I must've been about 4 y/o.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Cry

OK, now let's talk about all those dead puppies...
ShockedYou just don't get it, ol'Mule! Us pups were sent here to saaaaaaaaaave humanity! Heck, the whole stinkin' world...think of all the wives and families us pups kept together...see the lil'guy below? Look familiar? That's one less woman who no longer plays alone because she has learned to 'misterbait'.
verylime a woman maslurbates gwes the world apuppy ease...

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 2:54am
My Mum told me that I had a Paddington Bear that was never out of sight when I was a tike. I also remember playing with Matchbox Cars for hours on end.
One man gathers what another man spills
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic