Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dove's scum covered woman.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dove's scum covered woman.
    Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 8:51pm
Anyone seen this ridiculous new ad for Dove soap that shows a lady with a supposed coating of soap scum all over her???

Poor gal. How did she wind up having to be the "scummy" one???? Cry

She looks like she's got some kind of contagious fungus or rash or a skin disease.

Maybe her problem really has more to do with NOT taking a bath period, rather than taking a bath with the wrong soap.

Just bathe with something, lady!!! Wash that funk off-a-yo ass!!!! Shocked

And don't you just love the "artisitic dramatization" disclaimer across the image?

As if the whole idea wasn't fakey enough already.

Here's the entire bullsh*t ad...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 9:56pm
Scum sometimes means semen.

Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 9:59pm
LOLLOLLOL

Maybe she's covered in "champagne"...
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 10:00pm
THAT IS DISGUSTING THOR!!!!  LOL 

but you're right.LOL
ilikestupidadssoshutup-MrsHill   

smittykins View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittykins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 10:57pm
Wasn't it Zest that used to play that card?

"You're not fully clean until you're Zest-fully clean."
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 11:12pm
OH, GOD, NOT THAT JINGLE!!!NukeNukeNuke
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Sure looks like it to me.Wink She ought to use Lava, it gets everything off.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008 at 1:21am
Here's the thing that confuses me.... if you look at the picture, it's obvious that they are simulating what it would look like under an ultra-violet light or "black light" as they are commonly known.

So, if they're telling us the truth about the soap scum being left behind by the "other leading brands", why didn't they just actually put the women under a black light & then photograph them, revealing the soap residue or "scum" as they put it, rather than having a digital artist simulate it?????

If it was really there, they wouldn't have had to digitally simulate it!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUH!!!!!!!!! Hel - LOOOOOOO???????? Wacko

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008 at 1:30am

Well, if that's what's all over her, forget the "ménage à trois", she must've just finished having a "ménage à douze".

And doused she was!!! Shocked

C'mon, man!
smittykins View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittykins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Yutolia Yutolia wrote:

Sorry...EmbarrassedLOL
B.the1st View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.the1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008 at 2:48pm
Okay, getting off of the "scum" references Confused, I just want to add that I don't know why we're supposed to be horrified.  Soap is nice and clean.  Having leftover residue on your skin can't be any worse than having lotions/perfumes/powders all over your skin.

I think Dove is going way too far in this "isn't it horrific to be a REGULAR woman using OTHER products that just RUIN who you are?" campaign.  Sheesh, enough is enough.

Speaking of which, I tried a couple of different Dove shampoos over the course of a year.  It destroyed my hair.  I kid you not.  I slowly developed frizzy flyaways (I have straight, fine hair) and my natural shine slowly got duller, and duller, and duller.  I switched to Fructis and wow what a difference!  My hair has a silky fullness and it took about a month to repair the Dove damage, but it did it.  Fructis is even cheaper than Dove, by the way.  The Dove products are HORRIBLE, and only go along with my belief that their campaign is NOT about empowering women, but rather making us believe we have crappy hair/bodies and don't deserve better products!  Really, like, who am I to try to be like a model?  (I've always caught the irony in this campaign.  Anyone else?)
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008 at 3:13pm
Herbal Essences did the same thing to my hair. Evidently it's really acidic (which might be the case with the Dove shampoos, too) and it burned my hair, causing it to be frizzy, dull, and uncontrollably static-y. So then I switched to using to using a shampoo with tea tree oil (which is evidently especially good for damaged hair) and my hair is back to normal.

I've never really paid that much attention to Dove's products, and I'll probably keep it that way.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Sure looks like it to me.Wink She ought to use Lava, it gets everything off.

Actual lava would get EVERYTHING off.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008 at 6:00pm
or Grannie's home made lye soap....
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008 at 7:55pm
I love how Dove is acting like it ISN'T soap, like Wendy's is "way better then fast food" but completely is fast food. This must be the new advertising fad, lets tell everyone why we suck, but distance ourselves from the sucking by denying who we are. DOVE IS SOAP, I suppose it's just residue free soap. Do they even mention what they are besides saying soap vs dove? Dove is lots of things, it's a bird, it's a chocolate, and it's shampoo and soap. Ugh get over yourself Dove, your the Madonna and Cher of crappy products.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2008 at 12:26am
That's because Dove has 15% moisturizing cream unlike the others. Which really has nothing to do with just what is left on the skin after showering. 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2008 at 3:00am

Two words.....

RINSE OFF!!!!

C'mon, man!
erod550 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erod550 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2008 at 1:41am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Here's the thing that confuses me.... if you look at the picture, it's obvious that they are simulating what it would look like under an ultra-violet light or "black light" as they are commonly known.

So, if they're telling us the truth about the soap scum being left behind by the "other leading brands", why didn't they just actually put the women under a black light & then photograph them, revealing the soap residue or "scum" as they put it, rather than having a digital artist simulate it?????

If it was really there, they wouldn't have had to digitally simulate it!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUH!!!!!!!!! Hel - LOOOOOOO???????? Wacko

My thoughts exactly.  Obviously they are full of crap or they wouldn't have had to fake the images.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2008 at 1:43am
OMG SHE'S AN ALIEN OR she's wearing the brand new ultraviolet camouflage.

I tell you that's NOT soap!

LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2008 at 1:59am
It's the newest fad in STD's.

C'mon, man!
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2008 at 5:38am

Herbal Essences did the same thing to my hair. Evidently it's really acidic (which might be the case with the Dove shampoos, too) and it burned my hair, causing it to be frizzy, dull, and uncontrollably static-y. So then I switched to using to using a shampoo with tea tree oil (which is evidently especially good for damaged hair) and my hair is back to normal.

I've never really paid that much attention to Dove's products, and I'll probably keep it that way.

The original Clairol Herbal Essence (in the '70s) was great.  I remember using it, and people would actually come up and tell me, "Your hair is so shiny!"  I loved that!  Then they stopped making it, and came back years later with "Herbal Essences."  Not the same thing, obviously.

kuribo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuribo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2008 at 6:38pm
notice the disclaimer that says "in hard water"

i think the idea in life is that hard water doesn't work as well, anyway.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2008 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

The original Clairol Herbal Essence (in the '70s) was great.  I remember using it, and people would actually come up and tell me, "Your hair is so shiny!"  I loved that!  Then they stopped making it, and came back years later with "Herbal Essences."  Not the same thing, obviously.

I used to love their commercials!  (Not the "you're gonna swear you got more hair" - hated those).  I refer to one with the cartoon.

I drove my mom nuts, fluffing my hair for hours, after seeing it.

Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Stacy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2008 at 4:21am
Yes, Thor, that's where the expression "scumbag" came from !Wink
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2008 at 5:16am
she should've kept her mouth on it, would've left less of a mess, see kids? thats NOT how you do it.

Why could she try to do it in through the slit? doing it downtown would've much more easier for her. LOL

OR MAYBE the guy was having to much damn fun that he couldn't keep his stick under control hey it COULD happen. LOL

OH YES IT IS!!!

LOL

after a night like that you need more than ZEST to clean that stuff off!

wow is this stuff disgusting but funny.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic