Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The General and Shaq

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The General and Shaq
    Posted: 19 May 2018 at 10:16pm
Or more likely, he pays people who know what they're doing to advise him as to what he should be doing.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Always thought "WTF is he peddling this junk insurance company." And everything else under the sun.
I caught a segment on Real Sports on HBO, he only peddles the stuff he truly believes in.

He liked the RING security camera, so much that he invested in it..when Amazon bought it, he took home over a half a billion. I don't know, success just seems to fall in his lap I guess.

Suddenly, after watching that segment I have more respect for him. He doesn't advertise crap! He knows what he's doing!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I don't remember exactly how much he paid for the place back in the 90's when he first bought it, but I think it was somewhere around half of the current asking price.

Given the amount of money he's paid in property taxes, insurance, maintenance and repairs over the years, whatever profit he makes won't be quite as grand as it appears on the surface.

Imagine the cost of putting a new roof on that place.
My fellow homeowners will understand, or not, some of these numbers.

12 bedrooms
13 baths
31,000 Square feet...I live in a home that is 1400 sq ft. Confused
$153,348 per month
30 Year Fixed, 4.550% Interest

Principal and Interest $114,164
Property Taxes $11,275
HOA Dues $609
Homeowners' Insurance $27,300

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 4:12am
Always thought "WTF is he peddling this junk insurance company." And everything else under the sun.
I caught a segment on Real Sports on HBO, he only peddles the stuff he truly believes in.

He liked the RING security camera, so much that he invested in it..when Amazon bought it, he took home over a half a billion. I don't know, success just seems to fall in his lap I guess.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 6:34pm
I don't remember exactly how much he paid for the place back in the 90's when he first bought it, but I think it was somewhere around half of the current asking price.

Given the amount of money he's paid in property taxes, insurance, maintenance and repairs over the years, whatever profit he makes won't be quite as grand as it appears on the surface.

Imagine the cost of putting a new roof on that place.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 5:57pm
That's just crazy rich! Mama is sitting with Henry today. I have a beef roast and mashed potatoes to eat.

I guess we all measure our success in a different way.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 5:46pm
I just heard about that on the local news last night.

Came here to post it but someone beat me to it.

C'mon, man!
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

His house is right near here in a small wealthy town called Windermere just west of Orlando.

Huge estate right on a big lake.

Yes, that is one house.

Shaquille O' Neal's Florida mansion is on the market for $28 million and it is the most Shaq thing ever

https://www.redfin.com/FL/Windermere/9927-Giffin-Ct-34786/home/46794158
Anyone want to loan me $27,900,000?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 1:01pm

His house is right near here in a small wealthy town called Windermere just west of Orlando.

Yes, that is one house.

Shaquille O' Neal's Florida mansion is on the market for $28 million and it is the most Shaq thing ever

https://www.redfin.com/FL/Windermere/9927-Giffin-Ct-34786/home/46794158
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 8:10pm

Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

That land could hold 15 -20 Brazilian houses - each of which would 10 - 12 people each. I ought to know, I've only been there four times!

So...Are you bragging about your work in the Peace Corp?  Your frequent flyer miles?  The ultimate success of your career?

Or your ability to use the taxpayers moneys to live above where the hard working people have landed?

Hey! I don't live in a trailer!  Maybe we should.
Not to mention all those free turkeys and rib roasts.  LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

That land could hold 15 -20 Brazilian houses - each of which would 10 - 12 people each. I ought to know, I've only been there four times!

So...Are you bragging about your work in the Peace Corp?  Your frequent flyer miles?  The ultimate success of your career?

Or your ability to use the taxpayers moneys to live above where the hard working people have landed?

Hey! I don't live in a trailer!  Maybe we should.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 3:14am

Man!  His boathouse looks bigger than our house.

Hell, the swimming pool is bigger than my house.

Maybe bigger than both of our houses put together.

C'mon, man!
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 12:40am
I moved here four years ago and the house is 2050 sq ft.  It much too large.  I don't even use two of the rooms and one of the bathrooms.  But downsizing is not a decision that I get to make. lol.  I mean I'd be fine with two bedrooms (need one for home office) and 1.5 baths, as long as it had a basement for exercise equipment and storage.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 9:29pm

Poiuyt Power!!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 8:53pm
This place has 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths yet it's a little less than 1400 sq ft.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 2:58pm
He probably has a custom built indoor electric cart to ride around the place in.

And for wanting a midnight snack? He's probably got someone on staff to fix one up and bring it to him.

Probably sends someone out to Burger King to pick up a bag full of Whoppers and fries and a couple of milkshakes.

C'mon, man!
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Yes, that is one house.

What the hell do you even do in a house that big? You can only be in one room at a time!  I mean, what if your bedroom was at one end of the house and the kitchen at the other, and you wanted to get a snack in the middle of the night?  LOL

3,000 square feet might be about the biggest I'd ever want my house to be.  My CA house was 1,500+ square feet and it was plenty for me.

Does Shaq look like someone who would indulge in midnight snacks?
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 9:52am

Yes, that is one house.

What the hell do you even do in a house that big? You can only be in one room at a time!  I mean, what if your bedroom was at one end of the house and the kitchen at the other, and you wanted to get a snack in the middle of the night?  LOL

3,000 square feet might be about the biggest I'd ever want my house to be.  My CA house was 1,500+ square feet and it was plenty for me.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 9:48am
He's never annoyed me in his commercials...even back 25 (OMG! LOL) years ago.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 7:16am
Man!  His boathouse looks bigger than our house.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 6:34pm

Yes, that is one house.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 5:41pm
He's a mountain of a man, HUGE!

Basketball is a tough game, I respect him and think he's a gentle giant.

At 7 ft 1 in (2.16 m) tall[4] and 325 pounds (147 kg), he was one of the heaviest players ever to play in the NBA, where he played for six teams throughout his 19-year career.
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

He's so bloody huge that I forgot he was a basketball star. I thought he was an American football player until my wife told me that he used to play basketball for the L.A. Lakers or something. 
I think he's a likeable bloke, but I don't see him as an athlete.
He's put on a pound or two since his days as an athlete.  He was a good basketball player in his day.  
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 5:32am
He's so bloody huge that I forgot he was a basketball star. I thought he was an American football player until my wife told me that he used to play basketball for the L.A. Lakers or something. 
I think he's a likeable bloke, but I don't see him as an athlete.
One man gathers what another man spills
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

^Oh so we're not allowed to hate the fact that he's doing these commercials!? F off!
LOL

Damn, did someone step on one of your Matchbox cars?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic