Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Squirly Girl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIP Squirly Girl
    Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 1:06pm
My calico kitty Squirly Girl just passed over the bridge a few minutes ago. I could tell her time was almost up last night before I went to bed.

She was still eating throughout the day yesterday though not as much as a day or two ago, and even had the vigor to jump and climb up to her favorite perch where she spent most of her time.

But by last night I could tell that she had reached a point where she began declining fairly fast. I was actually kind of surprised when I checked on her this morning and saw that she was, though just barely, still alive.

She took her last breath at around 7:40 - 7:41 am.

I will miss having her around even though as I've said, she was a very independent cat who wasn't given to great displays of affection and preferred to stay out on the front porch rather than live inside with Fidget and me.

I hope there's a kitty heaven where she'll meet up with Shmoopy and Buddy and they'll be pals, awaiting my arrival someday.

Which I hope is not too soon!!!!

Goodbye Squirly Girly.

You were loved in life and will be missed in death.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 1:53pm
My sympathies, Jimbo.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 2:40pm
Oh I'm so sorry for your loss, jimbo. Very heart breaking.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 3:40pm
You have my condolences.

Poiuyt Power!!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 6:07pm
It's been a tough year for members with animals. It was May of last year for us.  Thor, lost Mal not too many months ago. Now Jimbo, who had even more stress losing his mom, too.

Leah was kinda anti-social too, an angry demanding bitch but we still loved her so.  She was our...Married couple in our late 40s, problem child. She was less than a year old when she got loose in Winneconne, a nice cop came to the house, Leah was still chasing the cop car.  "Does this belong to you?"
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 7:59pm
I still remember when Pork Chop, Scotty, Sheba, Dee Dee, and Itsy Bitsy died. I can't forget!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 4:24am
I am so sorry, Jimbo.  Squirly Girl lived a long life, probably longer than you know, as she could have been a few years old when she came into your live.  You gave her a good life with love and a home she could call her own.

It is really difficult and heart breaking to lose our furry family members.  At least she didn't linger on and on suffering.

I'll always miss and love my two girls who've crossed over and will never forget them.

Hug
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 4:42am
I miss three dogs who crossed the Rainbow Bridge in years past. They were all poodles and they were Tammy (Crossed over in 1979), Benji (Crossed over in 2001) and Angie (Crossed over in 2010). I have a poodle named Sammy and I love him as much as the other three. It sucks when your pet crosses the Rainbow Bridge Cry, but you learn to love your new pet. One thing I like about Sammy, he was born at an amusement park (Knoebal's Grove in Pennsylvania) in 2009. Star I'll have to visit Knoebal's again in the future, they've opened two new roller coasters there since my last visit, one of which is a wooden coaster. Thumbs Up
Poiuyt Power!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 10:06am
Sorry to hear this, Jimbo.  I'm glad you were able to be with her when she died.  She might've been holding on for the right moment.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 1:49pm
Sorry to hear about the loss of your loved one, ol'Mule.  The 'pictures' I've 'seen' of 'The Other Side' indeed include our beast friends, but not always in a form as we knew them. They will be there to greet and eat you.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 12:49am
^ um. Okay
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 2:07am
Just wanted to thank everyone for your kind words.

I got her buried today. Lotta work at my age, but I wanted to do it right. Dug a nice rectangular hole about 18" deep. Lotta undergound roots that had to be chopped through really increased the amount of work. Then after I got the bottom nice and flat, I put down about a 1" layer of white beach sand. Wrapped her in a couple of towels she used to sleep on, put her down in as comfortable as I could, then covered her over with more white sand. Filled up the rest of the way with the dirt I dug out of the hole.

Will put a couple of patio stones down tomorrow as a marker.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Lowellchris View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lowellchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 8:42pm
When my cat Libby passed years ago she was at my mom's because I couldn't have a cat when I moved to an apartment . Anyway , she was pretty old and couldn't jump to counter where her food was , up and safe from the chi-chi dog . Her leg even crippled up . when she finally passed , my mom still says to this day . she feels her brush against her legs when she sits at the kitchen table and feels little kittie steps in the bed when she lays in bed . The dog will actually get up and run down the hallway the way she did when she chased Libby into the bedroom . And she will perk up her ears , look down the hallway at night and yip , like she did when Libby woke up for her night time crazy ...sorry for your loss of Squirly Girl .. :..(
It grinds my gears
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 10:57am
No weird "visits" from my dead cats, but I still think about them a lot and miss the hell outta them.

Mickey's 16+ now.  He's the one that remains from the three brothers I got in 2002.  I always tell him he's gotta hang on for many more years.  He's so devoted to me (and I to him) that it's gonna be especially tough when he dies.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Just wanted to thank everyone for your kind words.

I got her buried today. Lotta work at my age, but I wanted to do it right. Dug a nice rectangular hole about 18" deep. Lotta undergound roots that had to be chopped through really increased the amount of work. Then after I got the bottom nice and flat, I put down about a 1" layer of white beach sand. Wrapped her in a couple of towels she used to sleep on, put her down in as comfortable as I could, then covered her over with more white sand. Filled up the rest of the way with the dirt I dug out of the hole.

Will put a couple of patio stones down tomorrow as a marker.

I buried Killer in a hole in the corner garden of my CA home.  Then I planted something over it.  Can't remember what, though.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic