Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arby's- Need a Gyro (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arby's- Need a Gyro (video)
    Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 8:09am
Worst Arby's commercial ever!!

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 10:26am
Wow, I lot of thought went into that commercial! I think from this day forward Ving Rhames will forever be typecast as the 'Arby's Man'.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 5:21pm
Confused Ving Rhames is really starting to bother me...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 6:42pm
Hey! I can substitute words too!

"i need a dips*t I'm holding out for a dipsh*t till the end the night. He's gotta be fast, he's gotta strong and he's gotta yell random lyrics that make no damn sense at all"
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
ridley View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 2:29am
I still don’t know how to pronounce Gyro
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 6:02am
I won't go to Arby's anymore.  All the ones I've been to have tried to shortchange me or have otherwise messed up orders...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 10:30am
Originally posted by ridley ridley wrote:

Same here.  Is it Gyro as in gyroscope, or does it rhyme with hero?  I don't know.  Luckily, it's never mattered, as I've never had occasion to say it.  I might go my whole life never having said it.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 2:50pm
I just saw the sign outside my local Arby's touting the 2 for $6 Gyros yesterday.

Maybe next Saturday I'll go up there and get a couple.

They look pretty good.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 12:34am
Oh god, the 'GYYYYROH!' is back? Haven't had any Arby's sandwiches in a long time and most likely will continue to stay away thanks to Ving.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 2:29am
I hear the radio commercial on Ving Rhames' Arby's Commercial!

I would make an anti-Ving Rhames page...but that's already done!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Same here.  Is it Gyro as in gyroscope, or does it rhyme with hero?

According to the Lebanese guy who owns the local Mediterranean food restaurant(where they make some awesome gyros), its' pronounced like "yeero" and sounds very close to "euro".
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 4:52am
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

Same here.  Is it Gyro as in gyroscope, or does it rhyme with hero?

According to the Lebanese guy who owns the local Mediterranean food restaurant(where they make some awesome gyros), its' pronounced like "yeero" and sounds very close to "euro".

It is pronounced Hiro
Jay View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 6:00pm
First of all they show that meat way too long. And the dumb sht can’t even pronounce it right. You’d think the producer could fill this idiot in on how to pronounce the main subject of the commercial. It’s Yeero dumb ass
Jay
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

It is pronounced Hiro

No offense, but I'm more inclined to trust the Lebanese guy who grew up in the Mediterranean where the meal originates from than I am you, and he says it's yee-ro.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 7:41pm

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 8:04pm

It is pronounced Hiro

No offense, but I'm more inclined to trust the Lebanese guy who grew up in the Mediterranean where the meal originates from than I am you, and he says it's yee-ro.

Don't foreigners usually pronounce things with an accent?  LOLWink

In general, I opt for the Americanized pronunciation of foreign words.  It's like "burrito".  I do not roll the r's as a Hispanic person would.  I pronounce the r's the way Americans do.  Same with croissant.  I say "cruh-sahnt", not "cwa-soan"

Erick Cartman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erick Cartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 11:57pm
It may be my slightly perverted mind, but I read it as, "Need a Gyno," at first.Evil Smile
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 1:25am
I would never trust that this place would do a gyro justice. I'm fine with going to the many Greek family owned places near me than freaking Arby's. 
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 1:27am
Originally posted by Erick Cartman Erick Cartman wrote:

It may be my slightly perverted mind, but I read it as, "Need a Gyno," at first.Evil Smile
No, Erick, it's just that you're getting old and your eyesight is failing.  LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 1:36am
That doesn't mean that he doesn't need a Gyno.

C'mon, man!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 4:19pm

It is pronounced Hiro

Your Lebanese guy is 100% correct. That is how the people who live in Greece pronounced it and they should certainly know. Jimbo's video further confirms it.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 1:35am
I love Arby's, but this Ving Rhames crap needs to end. Soon. How 'bout NOW? Angry
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 9:02am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

It is pronounced Hiro

Your Lebanese guy is 100% correct. That is how the people who live in Greece pronounced it and they should certainly know. Jimbo's video further confirms it.

Frenchmen probably say Paree (or something like that) instead of Paris, but I'm not gonna start pronouncing it that way.  Neither do I roll my r's when I say burrito.

I'll opt for the generally accepted American pronunciation.  In this case, I don't know what that would be.  I've never ordered a gyro or been with anyone who did.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 2:12pm

I'll opt for the generally accepted American pronunciation.  In this case, I don't know what that would be.  I've never ordered a gyro or been with anyone who did.

If you ever go to a place that sells them and order one, just write it on a slip of paper and say "I'd like a..." then hold up the slip of paper.

Problem solved!!!

C'mon, man!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

If you ever go to a place that sells them and order one, just write it on a slip of paper and say "I'd like a..." then hold up the slip of paper.

Problem solved!!!

Stand behind someone in the line at the counter and pronounce it the way they do, unless the order taker laughs in their face or scowls at them and corrects them.  Or else say, I'm having what he/she's having!  Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic