Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lack of Professionalism

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Adreme View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lack of Professionalism
    Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 11:42am
Agreed, people have no common courtesy or class anymore either. 
Sponsored Links

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 6:12pm
I also hate when you're on the phone with someone and you can tell they are reading/typing on their computer. Then they have the audacity to ask "WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?" since they're so busy multi tasking. If you call me and want information from me, don't ask me to repeat myself because you're being a turd and not payng attention.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 4:50pm
I see (and hear) lots of it today.

In my job I am responsible for making return calls to customers who request technical service.

When I call them, they almost never say their name when answering the phone.
These are places of business!

If you have a phone at a business where there is a potential for various people to answer the phone, the person who picks up should state their name.

I get info to call "Mary" at 123-456-7890. 
I call.... 
Hello?  
Hi this is Musicman from Acme Corp, is this Mary?
No.... Hang on.... (russl russl russl Mary it's Musicman from Acme Corp)  looooooong pause............
Hello?
Is this Mary?
Yes 
 (The reason for asking the second time is that when Mary got on the phone, she still didn't identify herself.  I have had the second person also be the wrong person.

If Mary answers without identifying herself and I ask "Is this Mary?"  I get an annoyed response.  However if after the person answers without self identification, I say, "Hi Mary I'm calling about......"  I get an annoyed, "ugh this isn't Mary!"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic