Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Cottage Cheese

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Cottage Cheese
    Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 2:31pm
this is literally the WORST new jingle and i KNOW they at least tried but MAN the singing, the lyrics, the doot dee doo music ....SO BAD
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Virginia Dare II Virginia Dare II wrote:

Oh yes..the dollop of daisy sour cream !  Annoying as well.    And my mother made pear and cottage cheese salad in the shape of a bunny.   The cottage cheese was the tail, and she used almonds for the ears.   I still have the book- my first cookbook from when I was 7.   Embarrassed

They're so cute!  

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Cottage cheese in Lasagna?  I thought it was supposed to be Ricotta. I have a Barilla recipe open on another page... 1 3.5-oz log goat cheese. LOL

Daisy is trying to convince people that there are a thousand ways to use their product!  My mom used to serve us cottage cheese (small curd) on canned pears. It's a delightful taste combination.

Only Americanos use cottage cheese (gasp!) in lasagna.  It's supposed to be an alternative to the more expensive ricotta for budget-minded cooks who don't mind raping a good traditional Italian recipe.  LOL  I'll bet our Thor makes a killer lasagna and wouldn't even dream of using curds and whey!

I like cottage cheese, but only the small curd, and it HAS to be FRESH!

The singing in the commercial?  Where's my tractor-trailer so I can run over that hipster coffee house warbler over and over again?!  Dead
Virginia Dare II View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Using cottage cheese in place of ricotta in lasagna is an old trick. Cottage cheese is much cheaper than ricotta and probably less fattening etc, etc.

The price of cottage cheese is  pretty comparable these days !  A one pound carton of my Friendship Whipped Cott. Cheese  is about 4.00 !   On sale...1.99.   The ricotta will have less salt, and will be smoother in texture   I think it's the lumps in cottage cheese that put people off.  
" Pickle YOU...Kumquat !!"
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 6:33pm
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 6:29pm
Can't get the image to behave  Here's the link  http://www.partypinching.com/s/cc_images/teaserbox_4097773074.jpg?t=1456351776
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 6:18pm
I can't see Vi D's picture, is that the book?
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 5:41pm
I've seen this at least a hundred times in the past month. Annoying! Earworm!
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 5:38pm
Oh yes..the dollop of daisy sour cream !  Annoying as well.    And my mother made pear and cottage cheese salad in the shape of a bunny.   The cottage cheese was the tail, and she used almonds for the ears.   I still have the book- my first cookbook from when I was 7.   Embarrassed

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 5:33pm
Using cottage cheese in place of ricotta in lasagna is an old trick. Cottage cheese is much cheaper than ricotta and probably less fattening etc, etc.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 5:22pm
Cottage cheese in Lasagna?  I thought it was supposed to be Ricotta. I have a Barilla recipe open on another page... 1 3.5-oz log goat cheese. LOL

Daisy is trying to convince people that there are a thousand ways to use their product!  My mom used to serve us cottage cheese (small curd) on canned pears. It's a delightful taste combination.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 5:16pm
I still have a problem with the "Do a dollop...do do a dollop..." from long ago and a few dollops away....
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 5:00pm
I can't deal with this commercial !   I like cottage cheese --but not large curd.   This commercial features loose, watery looking large curds.  LOL  A serving size of this product is 1/2  a cup.   The girl is holding  a bowl that could easily hold 4 cups.   Then Daisy shows other "interesting" WHEYS  Wink to eat their "special food" while some reedy-voiced female "singer"  is bellowing out how life changing it is.   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic