Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AXE Gold - "suck my balls?"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AXE Gold - "suck my balls?"
    Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 8:25am
Seriously. WTF? It's one thing to play music like this on some hip-hop radio station, but to use it in TV advertising? As far as I can find out, the song was made specifically for these commercials. Um... WHUT? You've got to be kidding me. SMH Confused

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 9:58am
Why do I think these young people would rather spray this stuff instead of taking a shower?  Yuck!
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 1:26pm
I wonder the same thing, aka...maybe because the five whole minutes that it takes to wash up is five minutes too long to be away from the electronics and the gaming obsession?  Maybe because these kids have been conditioned since infancy to believe that a hefty spray of Febreze will "eliminate odors"  (when really all it does is mask them?) so that it's just fine to douse oneself with this extra-pungent-stink-in-a-can AXE stuff and go out in public and inflict their double-stink upon the rest of us?  DeadDeadDeadDeadDead
CapeCat
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 5:35pm
^LOL

It's a crazy world of sexting and smelly sex for today's young people.  I'm glad I have no part in it.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 6:24pm
Sexting, smelly sex and don't forget smelly sexting!!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:53pm
Think back a few years...well, maybe centuries - say, before indoor plumbing. Ya know, when humans were mentally-slower but physically-busier and nobody was suckin' anybody's balls and you would have never heard any Blaxploitation of musical sounds - one would have to add a smell or scent heavier than the last. Probably something like 'Hai Karate' after a long hot summer day playing baseball and drinking milk and occasionally puking. Now think of todays kids and AXE - there ya go!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 4:56pm
NO BALL SUCKING! THIS IS A FAMILY FORUM!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 11:44pm
I can't imagine a day without taking a shower. Sick!

Now this damn commercial reminds of that "learn to speak English" ad with that family bobbing along in that grey boxy car with the radio blaring that graphic song "I Wanna in the "

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Misty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Misty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 6:54pm
It doesn't mention the word "balls" at all
It clearly says
"Some are bad boys, some of them are..." and that last word is a mystery.
Dirty minds everywhere lol
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 7:07pm
^ Yes.  We are kinda naughty but we mean well.  Welcome to the forum!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

NO BALL SUCKING! THIS IS A FAMILY FORUM!

Originally posted by Misty Misty wrote:

It clearly says

I have a favorite SNL skit for every topic!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Misty Misty wrote:

It clearly says

According to the so-called "producer" here, he's not confirming or denying the word "balls." Or the word "suck," for that matter.

Dervrak View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dervrak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 2:09am
Good old Axe, the worst smelling fragrance on the market but extremely successful at convincing boy age 12-15 that they will have adolescent girls throwing themselves at their feet (and other body parts) with but a single spray. Truth is boys wearing it think it smells awful, girls think it smells awful and by the time they hit 16 (most) boys realize they were conned. LOL 

Best thing I ever did for my son was steer him away from the Axe and purchase him a good bay rum and some Tabac Original when he hit that age, he DID have girls telling him how great he smelled...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic