Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Geico - McGruff the Crime Dog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Geico - McGruff the Crime Dog
    Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 5:16am
Noooooooooooooo!!!! Are you f----n kidding me?! Nothing to do with car insurance and now they're making fun of one of the best public service campaigns in American history. Now do you see why I will NEVER use this horrible company?! AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 5:25am
They weren't talking baby talk to McGruff, they were dissing him!  How rude!  Angry  They should be ashamed of themselves.  Disapprove
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 11:08am
More stinky BS spilling into my living room, I should send them a bill! Angry
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 1:55pm
He should of taken 'a bite' out of those a**holes!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

They weren't talking baby talk to McGruff, they were dissing him!  How rude!  Angry  They should be ashamed of themselves.  Disapprove
Insurance companies have no shame.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 5:49pm
Geico pisses me off so much! They don't know much about dog owners either. Dogs respond best to clear and concise commands, not this stupid ass 'babytalk' BS!

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 6:48pm
That beyotch asking McGruff if "he has to take a poo poo" is just obnoxious and gross.  What a b!tch!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 6:13am

That beyotch asking McGruff if "he has to take a poo poo" is just obnoxious and gross.  What a b!tch!

McGruff (mumbling as he walks away):  "Left you a big one in your pillow!"

LOL
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 2:26pm
i actually found this a bit AMUSING-the ad that is--it still sucks cuz it's Geico but..
baby talking dogs is something we kind of do as a household here
i don't really have much respect for McGruff--hes kind of a weak icon
LIKE THE GECKO

bet you guys would be pissed if Woodsy the Owl got 'who whoo'ed

speaking of which..too many OWLS on ads these days!!
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 3:17pm
GEICO is the high fructose corn syrup of car insurance.
Pervasive, but not good for you!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Geico pisses me off so much! They don't know much about dog owners either. Dogs respond best to clear and concise commands, not this stupid ass 'babytalk' BS!

Also works with most human children.Wink
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

McGruff (mumbling as he walks away):  "Left you a big one in your pillow!"

LOL
LOL  And he peed on the leg of her desk.  Or maybe just peed on her leg and told her it was raining!  Big smile
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 8:00pm
Still seeing this 2-3 times a day. You are disgusting, GEICO. Will never use this company as long as I live. This idiotic 'baby talk' to McGruff makes me mute AND change the channel at the same time.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Still seeing this 2-3 times a day. You are disgusting, GEICO. Will never use this company as long as I live. This idiotic 'baby talk' to McGruff makes me mute AND change the channel at the same time.
Maybe the Big Guy Above is trying to tell you that it's time to change the channel and watch more radio,Wink

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MathUser View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MathUser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 12:18pm
I thought the commercial was pretty funny. Seeing it alot lately.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 5:22pm
I have to deal with idiotic GEICO ads on the radio too! I shut those off a majority of the time.  They'll never get my business 100%.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 1:43am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

He should of taken 'a bite' out of those a**holes!

That would be better for that commercial. McGruff eats everyone and when the cops asked, he said "I was tired of their baby-talk bullsh*t, so I took a bite out of that"!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 1:43am
The part that bugs me is the cops sort of remind me of the L&O crowd done horribly wrong. Other than that, I sort of get a kick out of the 'Doggie Talk'.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
tavinfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tavinfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 4:11am
This forum is AWESOME, like a therapy group for those affected by the most aggravating ads. I’ve been a lurker for quite some time, but I FINALLY created an account just to vent about this ad. Yeah, it’s angered me that much.

I mean, it’s one thing for Geico to try and play on our nostalgia like many ads try to do to us Millenials. However, it’s another thing to openly drop dumpage on our nostalgia (putting it as politely as possible). It doesn’t matter if McGruff was a childhood icon or just a nifty PSA during Saturday morning cartoons, just UGH! Geico strikes again! That’s all I can say.

Most Geico ads are annoying in the way a rash is annoying. The only other three Geico ads that actually angered me were (in the following order)....

3. Dude eating his pet goldfish. The way his dumb face looked as he sloshed and chewed was pure rage-inducing!

2. The one with the short-armed crocodile. The way the crocodile reached for the cheque was just so unbearably stupid and aggravating.

1. That awful, awful, awful AWFUL AWFUL Peter Pan one. You know which one.

Well, that’s about it from me for now. Cheers.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 6:58am
Originally posted by tavinfan tavinfan wrote:

This forum is AWESOME, like a therapy group for those affected by the most aggravating ads. I’ve been a lurker for quite some time, but I FINALLY created an account just to vent about this ad. Yeah, it’s angered me that much.

I mean, it’s one thing for Geico to try and play on our nostalgia like many ads try to do to us Millenials. However, it’s another thing to openly drop dumpage on our nostalgia (putting it as politely as possible). It doesn’t matter if McGruff was a childhood icon or just a nifty PSA during Saturday morning cartoons, just UGH! Geico strikes again! That’s all I can say.

Most Geico ads are annoying in the way a rash is annoying. The only other three Geico ads that actually angered me were (in the following order)....

3. Dude eating his pet goldfish. The way his dumb face looked as he sloshed and chewed was pure rage-inducing!

2. The one with the short-armed crocodile. The way the crocodile reached for the cheque was just so unbearably stupid and aggravating.

1. That awful, awful, awful AWFUL AWFUL Peter Pan one. You know which one.

Well, that’s about it from me for now. Cheers.
Welcome.  A few of us here actually use this forum as therapy in our day-to-day lives.  One member should actually be in therapy, mainly to figure out how many multiple personalities he/she/it has.  We are a support group of sorts here, bonding in our hate for commercials, but spreading love and joy to each other.  Some days it's all we've got (or maybe that's just me. Ouch).

There is a ton of hate for Geico on this forum.  Wink
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 1:34pm
Every Geico commercial is an exercise in hatred, but the one I hate the most is the camel commercial.  Mostly likely because even though it's been a few years since it was out, people are still walking around parroting back that stupid "what day is today" every friggin Wednesday.  So much hatred for that commercial.  I really pretty much hate any commercial with a catch phrase that has staying power.  Even those stupid cavemen don't annoy me as much.

And yea, that alligator arms one was pretty awful.  That one got aired very frequently for a while.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 6:58pm
GEICO loves to take a dump on popular culture, f**k em!
Dr. John Dorian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. John Dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 2:30am
I just wondered if McGruff always sounded as much like a bad Richard Nixon impression (like on Futurama). It's been a while since I've seen a real McGruff spot.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 8:45pm
I miss those PSAs...like McGruff warning you about thieves dressed up as movers. They were informative and to the point.
Now I see Smokey Bear hugging people and the brats who aren't wearing their seat belts - sad!

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 6:12pm
Oh, he's still around there's an official YouTube Channel with his latest stuff, really informative!

There's even a YouTube video from the 80s showing citizens reporting crime via large walkie talkies and mentions our capital city of Hartford! Holy !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic